PDA

View Full Version : I don't get Golarion Sorcerer 3.5

ONI
2021-03-05, 11:46 PM
Golarion Sorcerer
Some sorcerers raised on the Isle of Hermea do not call familiars like others from the mainland. They instead focus their development on harnessing their inner reserve of magic, for use in times of need. This ability replaces the summon familiar ability.

Hidden Reserve (Su): Starting at 1st level, a sorcerer with this ability can call upon a hidden reserve of magical energy to cast additional spells. This reserve can be used to cast any spell the sorcerer could normally cast, but the sorcerer is fatigued after the spell is completed. If this spell if of the highest level that the sorcerer could normally cast, the sorcerer is exhausted instead. This ability cannot be used while fatigued or exhausted. It can be used a number of times per day equal to the sorcerer's Charisma bonus.

Does that mean I can cast one spell then i have to rest 8hours before being able to use it again? Or I can cast let say 3 (Cha bonus) spells then i become fatigued? Because the max you can use this ailitie is 3x max per day and youre always sleeping then casting all your spells the use the Hidden Reseve, Sleep, Cast, Hidden reserve, sleep etc. If it's being able to cast +3 spells / day and become faigued/exausted it seems fine but eh...

False God
2021-03-05, 11:56 PM
One use gives you the Fatigued or Exhausted condition, depending on if it was your highest level spell slot or not.

It doesn't matter how many uses you have in a day.

Khedrac
2021-03-06, 03:45 AM
And there are a lot of ways to remove the fatigued and exhausted conditions that don't involve 8 hours of rest (mainly magical though).

ONI
2021-03-06, 05:00 AM
Like what exactly?

Berenger
2021-03-06, 06:03 AM
The simplest one would be a casting or a wand of Lesser Restoration (Cleric 2, Druid 2, Paladin 1) or Ray of Resurgence (Cleric 1, Wizard 2, Sorcerer 2).

Quentinas
2021-03-06, 11:38 AM
Another way is being a warforged/necropolitan that are immune to fatigue and exhaustation . Or having the tireless feat that reduce fatigue and exhaustation of one step, even if that is a problem considering is a regional feat. So that you can use that variant without having any problem of resting

Darg
2021-03-06, 01:34 PM
A battle sorcerer could wear the armor of the unending hunt in CW to be immune to fatigue and exhaustion. I think there is sandals that reduce fatigue and exhaustion by one step as well: exhaustion>fatigue>not fatigued.

ONI
2021-03-07, 11:53 PM
ok, I', trying to get that early level to improve my spell / day a little. I'm thinking about playing the spell shield variant instead.. Doesn't help with the spell pool but at least it's like a DR 5 DC 16 and i'm at +8 Concentration.. Dont know if its good but it could be cool to play.

Darg
2021-03-08, 02:19 AM
ok, I', trying to get that early level to improve my spell / day a little. I'm thinking about playing the spell shield variant instead.. Doesn't help with the spell pool but at least it's like a DR 5 DC 16 and i'm at +8 Concentration.. Dont know if its good but it could be cool to play.

I made a stalwart battle sorcerer frontliner once that had it. Worked extremely well. I liked it a lot. I wanted to combine it with 4 levels of spellsword, but we weren't allowed PrCs for the one shot. I got skill focus and battle caster for my first 2 feats. It was mostly reliable, but then most of my spells were used for enhancement and giving me temp HP

ONI
2021-03-08, 04:32 AM
Yeah I took the stalwart, still debating over taking the battle as I lose way too much spell/day/known..
Also I know it's a common trap..