PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to attempt a super-mount build

EndocrineBandit
2021-03-06, 05:53 AM
Title. I want to incorporate familiar, animal companion, and special mount into one critter. I don't know if I can pull it off, tho.

So far I have a strong heart halfling paladin of azuth/high one wizard-warrior with beast master, arcane heirophant, wild plains outrider, and halfling outrider. I don't think there's enough feats available though and I think arcane heirophant requires trackless step. We use a home brew skill called acquire feat, it's always a cross class skill but every 3 ranks you have in it gives you a bonus feat, so it helps with feat starved builds in exchange for skill points.

The DM generally isn't okay with super cheese, so no dragon wrought kobold or anything like that. Any help past that would be much appreciated.

cartejos
2021-03-06, 06:58 AM
Maybe more of a focus on Druid. The Sun domain variant can give you turning 1/day, which should be enough to qualify you for prestige paladin.

Devoted tracker will let you stack your special mount and animal companion, while arcane hierophant will stack your familiar and companion.

Bloodline levels will give you (at minimum) an extra level to each per BL you take.
Some of the more loose interpretations allow you to stack the bloodline level multiple times per class feature based on how many classes you have that improve that class feature, these numbers can get silly

A quick build might be Wizard 1/Druid 4/Beastmaster 1/Prestige Paladin 2/Arcane hierophant 2/Halfling Outrider 10 with a major bloodline

Mounted combat, mounted archery, skill focus handle animal, alternate source spell, and precocious apprentice are all required. Devoted tracker is basically a requirement.

Estimates depend on interpretation
Familiar: 6-9
Mount: 18-21
Companion: 23-29

You also end up with 3rd level Wizard spells and 4th level druid/paladin spells
17 BAB
Very low level druid wildshape

Doctor Despair
2021-03-06, 08:27 AM
The horselord build in my sig combines familiar and animal companion benefits; that could be a good place to start.

Traditionally, you'll be including some of these elements:

Devoted Hunter (AC = special mount)
Arcane Hierophant (AC = familiar)

Consider also using the bloodline variant rules from Unearthed Arcana to increase your effective level in all three subsystems at once to advance your mount more quickly.

Gruftzwerg
2021-03-06, 08:54 AM
google for "ubermount" builds. That is the search term for those kind of builds. You should be easily finding a few.

And regarding mount specific builds, the spell "when two become one" can be interesting. We had a discussion (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?622977-That-s-My-Horse!-Optimizing-When-Two-Become-One&p=24829596#post24829596)a while ago here.

And here you have a mount handbook (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=25.0).

RNightstalker
2021-03-06, 07:56 PM
Save up for a Battletitan from MMIII!!!