PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Hexes.

Scottlang
2021-03-06, 06:33 AM
I am running the Giantslayer campaign for a group of friends, and the one is playing a witch. Now I have a feat available, called Will of Giants, and there are a scant few of NPC's who has the feat. Now...

Will of Giants
You are no mere humanoid, to be toyed with by petty enchantments.
Prerequisite(s): Wis 14, Iron Will, giant subtype.
Benefit: You gain immunity to enchantment effects that target only humanoids, such as charm person and hold person.

and the Evil Eye Hex

Evil Eye (Su)
The witch can cause doubt to creep into the mind of a foe within 30 feet that she can see.
Effect: The target takes a –2 penalty on one of the following (witch’s choice): AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. This hex lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the witch’s Intelligence modifier. A Will save reduces this to just 1 round.

This is a mind-affecting effect. At 8th level the penalty increases to –4.

Now I would hope that this is not the case, but would Evil Eye over rule this and affect the NPC, but I believe it does. If it does not it would make things highly more interesting, as the shock of that sinking into the players....

But possession still works.... The witch player likes the fact he can stop, and then possess the giants and charges into combat, and I was hoping to try and prevent that from happening if he decides to try and do that with the boss of one of the books.

Kurald Galain
2021-03-06, 07:16 AM
Evil Eye is not an "enchantment effect that target only humanoids". That said, it is mind-affecting, and lots of enemies are immune to mind-affecting (this is arguably why Misfortune is a better pick).

I'm not sure what possession effect you're referring to; parhaps that is an enchantment that targets only humanoids?