PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Assassin Base Class

Dustfinger
2007-11-09, 08:39 AM
Howdy, im new around here and i decided to ask for some help. Im looking for a BC thats not in the WoTC books. Its in a book called City Works. So if anyone has a link or some way to get it to me it would be very appreciated. Or even better, if someone has the perfect assassin-like BC thats not in the books like a homebrew or the like, post it if ya dont mind it being played in a campain i'm running. I should start posting some of my homebrews soon. Thanks in advance everyone.

boomwolf
2007-11-09, 08:52 AM
Whats wrong with a rouge? (later taking levels as the assassin)

If you tell us what is the issue it will be more easy to find one that fits what you want.

Dustfinger
2007-11-09, 08:55 AM
Well i'm fine with rogue, im searching for one of my players who wants to use the class. If i remember correctly you didnt get trapfinding or antyhing like that and you got a few exotic weapons you were alowed to use. Also you did not get any spells. I don't remember clearly, it was a long time ago last time i saw it. I just dont like pushing classes on players if they're looking for something differant.

Mr.Moron
2007-11-09, 01:04 PM
Or even better, if someone has the perfect assassin-like BC thats not in the books like a homebrew or the like, post it if ya dont mind it being played in a campain i'm running.

I had nothing to do when I read this post, so I decided to make one quickly just for chuckles! I didn’t give it a name, and it’s probably overpowered or something, but if it’s got the flavor you want I won’t mind tweaking it. If not.. I needed something to kill an hour and a half with anyway.

Hit Die & Skills

Hit Die:d6
Alignment:Any

Skills at 1st Level (4 + Int Modifier) x4
Skills at Each additional level (4 + Int Modifier)

The class name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int),Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str),Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex),Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Table

Custom
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|Poison Use, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+0|Shadow Strike 20', Master of Stealth +2

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+1|Deadly Critical 2dX, Twin Blade Strike

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|Poison Mastery, Lightning Strikes

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|Improved Two-Weapon Fighting

6th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+5|
+2|Shadow Strike 30', Master of Stealth +4

7th|
+7/+2|
+2|
+5|
+2|Deadly Critical 4dX, Stealthy Critical +1

8th|
+8/+3|
+2|
+6|
+2|Poison Mastery

9th|
+9/+4|
+3|
+6|
+3|Flash Attack

10th|
+10/+5|
+3|
+7|
+3|Two-Weapon Defense

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+3|
+7|
+3|Shadow Strike 40', Master of Stealth +6

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+4|
+8|
+4|Deadly Critical 6dX, Stealth Critical +2

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+4|
+8|
+4|Poison Mastery

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+4|
+9|
+4|Fade

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+5|
+9|
+5|Greater Two-Weapon Fighting

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+10|
+5|Shadow Strike 50', Master of Stealth +8

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Deadly Critical 8dX, Stealthy Critical +3

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+6|Poison Mastery

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+6|

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+6|Quicken Poison
[/table]

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies
The [Class Name] is Proficient with the Dagger(and Punching Dagger),Dart, Sickle, Kukri, Light Pick,Short Sword,Rapier, Kama, Sai,Siangham, Bolas, Light Crossbow, Net, Shuriken and Light Armor.

Poison Use(Ex)
[Class Name] are trained in the use of poison and never risk accidentally poisoning themselves when applying poison to a blade.

Two-Weapon Fighting
At the 1st level [Class Name]s gain Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat.

Weapon Finesse
At the 1st level [Class Name]s gain Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.

Shadow Strike (Su)
At the 2nd level if the [Class Name] is successfully hidden from an enemy, he may attack at distance as if he was making a melee attack. Shadow Strike requires that the [Class Name] can actively perceive the target, the target but ignores obstacles and cover. After making a Shadow Strike the [Class Name] may immediately attempt to hide again with a -20 penalty (as if sniping with a ranged (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm) weapon). Shadow Strike has a range of 20', this range increases to 30' at the 6th level, 40' at the 11th level and 50' at the 16th.

Master of Stealth (Ex)
At the 2nd level the [Class Name] gains a +2 bonus on Hide and Move silently checks. This bonus increases to +4 at the 6th level, +6 at the 11th level and +8 at the 16th.

Deadly Critical (Ex)
From the 3rd level on when the [Class Name] scores a critical strike with a melee weapon, he causes extra damage (in addition to any other bonus damage he may have). The die type for this bonus damage is a d6 if the weapon’s critical modifier is 2x, d10 if the weapon’s critical modifier is 3x, and d12+2 if the weapon’s critical modifier is 4x. The number of bonus die is 2 at the 3rd level, 4 at the 7th level, 6 at the 12th level and 8 at the 17th.

Twin Blade Strike (Ex)
Starting at the 3rd level when a [Class Name] is wielding the same type of weapon in both hands and he threatens a critical on an attack made with his primary hand, his off-hand attack that round will also threaten a critical. If he has more than one off-hand attack, one attack will threaten a critical for each primary hand attack that did during the round. This only applies to weapons which can be used with Weapon Finesse.

Lightning Strikes(Ex)
Starting at the 4th level a [Class Name] can increase the power of his attacks by making quick, subtle adjustments to his swing. He may use his Dexterity modifier in place of his Strength modifier on damage rolls when making attacks with Piercing or Slashing weapons that work with weapon finesse.

Poison Mastery (Ex)
At the 4th, 8th, 13th and 18th levels the [Class Name] selects one poison mastery, with which he can modify his poisons. Modifying a poison takes 10 minutes per dose used in the process.

Ingested Poison Mastery: [Class Name] can modify 2 doses of Ingested poison into one concentrated dose. A poison modified in this manner has its DC increased by 1 if normally has a DC of 15 or less, 2 if the DC is normally between 15 and 19. 3 If the DC is normally 20 or higher.

Contact Poison Mastery: [Class Name] can modify 2 doses of Contact poison into one concentrated dose. A poison modified in this manner has its DC increased by 1 if normally has a DC of 15 or less, 2 if the DC is normally between 15 and 19. 3 If the DC is normally 20 or higher.

Wound Poison Mastery: [Class Name] can modify 2 doses of Wound poison into one concentrated dose. A poison modified in this manner has its DC increased by 1 if normally has a DC of 15 or less, 2 if the DC is normally between 15 and 19. 3 If the DC is normally 20 or higher.

Inhaled Poison Mastery: [Class Name] can modify 2 doses of Inhaled poison into one concentrated dose. A poison modified in this manner has its DC increased by 1 if normally has a DC of 15 or less, 2 if the DC is normally between 15 and 19. 3 If the DC is normally 20 or higher.

Deadly Cloud Mastery: [Class Name] can modify 2 doses of Inhaled poison to increase the area which it covers. The size of the cube produced by the poison is increased by 5' in each direction.

More abilities like this! Maybe I’ll finish it later… maybe not.

Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
At the 5th level the [Class Name] gains Improved Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat even if he does not meet the prerequisites. If he already has this feat he may select another feat in its place.

Stealthy Critical(Ex)
Starting at the 7th level when the [Class Name] makes a successful melee attack from a hidden position the [Class Name] he may add 1 to his attack roll for the purposes of determining if the attack threatens a critical or not. This does not apply in determining if the attack actually hits.

Sudden Attack(Ex)
At the 9th level the [Class Name] may make a full-attack as standard action against opponent they are successfully hidden (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm) from. If used in conjunction with Shadow Strike the penalty to the hide check is increased by 10. Sudden Attack may be used as part of a charge that starts from a hidden position, doing so requires a successful move silently check with a DC of 10 for every 10’ covered by the charge; a successful check means he makes a full attack at the end of the charge and is considered to be attacking from a hidden position. A failed check means he makes the charge normally, he does not make a full attack and is not considered hidden.

Two-Weapon Defense
At the 10th level [Class Name] gains Two-Weapon Defense as a bonus feat even if he does not meet the prerequisites.. If he already has this feat he may select another feat in its place.

Fade(Su)
Starting at the 15th level, the [Class Name] may fade for a total of 5 rounds per day. Using or dismissing fade is a Swift action. While under the effect of Fade the [Class Name] is Invisible (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#invisible) and treated as if he is subject to mindblank (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mindBlank.htm). Additionally his presence does not trigger traps, and actions he takes do not trigger any reactionary effects such as contingency. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/contingency.htm)

Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
At the 15th level [Class Name] gains Greater Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat even if he does not meet the prerequisites. If he already has this feat he may select another feat in its place.

Quicken Poison (Su)
At the 20th level the effects of any poison used by the [Class Name] become rapid and deadly, if a target fails the saving throw for the initial damage, they immediately take the secondary damage with no saving throw.

Dustfinger
2007-11-09, 01:22 PM
Wow, thanks. I want expecting anything so fast. I'll have him test it out and we'll see how is works.

Mr.Moron
2007-11-09, 04:10 PM
Wow, thanks. I want expecting anything so fast. I'll have him test it out and we'll see how is works.

Heh, no problem. Neat to hear it's close enough to what you were looking for. Feel free to give it any name you want.