PDA

View Full Version : Genie Lock Familiar Help

carrdrivesyou
2021-03-09, 02:36 PM
So, I am going to be playing a Genie (djinni) warlock, and I am leaning towards going chainlock. That being said, I really don't think that any of the chain familiars really fit. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for other familiars (including homebrew or reflavors), that would really fit the theme here. The character is a half-elf that was raised by a gang of dwarven thieves. His overall goal is to own everything. And I do mean **EVERYTHING.** So he steals. And loots that crappy rusted sword from the skeleton. And that rotting leather armor. Somebody will buy it, even for some coppers.

Planning on going blast for damage, so really, I am just looking for flavor here. Thoughts?

Unoriginal
2021-03-09, 02:54 PM
So, I am going to be playing a Genie (djinni) warlock, and I am leaning towards going chainlock. That being said, I really don't think that any of the chain familiars really fit. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for other familiars (including homebrew or reflavors), that would really fit the theme here. The character is a half-elf that was raised by a gang of dwarven thieves. His overall goal is to own everything. And I do mean **EVERYTHING.** So he steals. And loots that crappy rusted sword from the skeleton. And that rotting leather armor. Somebody will buy it, even for some coppers.

Planning on going blast for damage, so really, I am just looking for flavor here. Thoughts?

So... you want an orphan thief with a blue Genie ally and a small animal friend?

I may have a suggestion:

https://youtu.be/5VdZewCFyfg

You could have a Flying Monkey familiar, or at least a Famaliar reflavored as one. So you could have a parrot-monkey.

carrdrivesyou
2021-03-09, 03:01 PM
Ya know. This wasn't actually intentional. Like, I didn't even realize this until now. Gods above...

da newt
2021-03-09, 03:04 PM
Niffler?

I'd use the IMP stats and abilities, and just change the appearance/character of the familiar. Any creature will do, just make it Tiny.

Throne12
2021-03-09, 08:11 PM
We have a genie warlock in are party and he was using a mephit. Until he saw some flying lion thing that's was a down grade.

But when I play a genie warlock I'll be asking the DM if I can have a mephit.

Theodoxus
2021-03-09, 10:35 PM
So... you want an orphan thief with a blue Genie ally and a small animal friend?

I may have a suggestion:

https://youtu.be/5VdZewCFyfg

You could have a Flying Monkey familiar, or at least a Famaliar reflavored as one. So you could have a parrot-monkey.

I was going to suggest air mephit... but now, I just hope you name him Niddala. Like Alucard before him.