PDA

View Full Version : Miniatures Looking For Small-Scale Skirmish Sci-Fi Minis Game

JNAProductions
2021-03-09, 10:51 PM
See title. I've been browsing the Artel W range of minis, and they look dope as heck, but I figure "If I ain't gonna use GW minis, why use their rules?"

So I'd be curious as to some small-scale skirmish games I could use with the Artel W minis with with my friends.

Thank you in advance!

Wraith
2021-03-10, 04:31 AM
Of the non-GW skirmish games, Warmachine/Hordes by Privateer Press is probably the next biggest, though there's more of a focus on 'large monsters' (aka "Dreadnoughts") than infantry.

SLA Industries recently released the 2.0 rules for their RPG, which has rules for using miniatures to the point where it can be played as a wargame in its own right. Artel W looks like it might make some pretty good Operatives or SHIVERs, to my mind.

Deadzone by Mantic Games may also be worth a look. I haven't played it, but it looks about half-way between Kill Team and Necromunda, and Mantic have always been a pretty good equivalent/alternative to GW rules.

GloatingSwine
2021-03-10, 06:09 AM
Stargrunt II will be a reasonable shout.

It's setting-agnostic so you can use any set of 25mm or 15mm miniatures with it.