PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for help for a "bad stat" Character

Winterschmied
2021-03-10, 02:34 AM
Hello everybody!

Since my Character died in our devilheavy Campaign i rolled a new one but got pretty bad stats..at last i think so but maybe im just spoiled. Ive got an array of 9 10 10 10 13 14.

Since we are missing an Arcane Caster i would go with that, but dont know what to do those stats. We are limited to Crb and Apg. Except for the Summoner which would be the unchained one but since im aready playing our cleric for our current missing player i would stay with a petless class.except maybe a familiar. The Character would be level 7

Thanks in advance.

Korahir
2021-03-10, 03:06 AM
What are the other members of your party and what role is needed?

Ideas without further information: Since your main stat is low (max 16 with +2 racial) I'd go with either a blaster (focusing on damage dealing spells that don't allow a save) or a buffer. For a blaster I'd go with a Sorcerer. For a buffer I'd go with a wizard.

Winterschmied
2021-03-10, 03:12 AM
We got a Axe n Board dwarf fighter, a tripfighter with heavy flail, a bard, and a cleric who mosty is busy keeping people away from dying

Kurald Galain
2021-03-10, 04:23 AM
Looking at your party layout, you really need a debuff/control wizard.

And your stats aren't that bad for it, really. It's normal to start with an 18 int for that (a 20 is not really feasible with standard point buy). If you get +2 from a racial, you'll be at 16, only 5% behind. From what you describe, that fits the optimization level of the rest of the party.

Korahir
2021-03-10, 04:44 AM
We got a Axe n Board dwarf fighter, a tripfighter with heavy flail, a bard, and a cleric who mosty is busy keeping people away from dying

I agree with Kurald. Since your party should be able to deal enough damage with the fighters supported by the bard. My suggestions would be to go with wizard.

Stats:
Human, Half-Orc or Half-Elf
Str 9
Dex 13
Con 10
Int 14 +2
Wis 10
Cha 10

Elf
Str 9
Dex 10 +2
Con 13 -2
Int 14 +2
Wis 10
Cha 10

Conjuration with Teleportation subschool is the most optimal choice I'd say. Forbidden schools: Enchantment (Bard covers that), Necromancy (Cleric should have access to most of the spells).

Spells: battle field control just from memory: sleet storm, glitterdust, stone call, grease, black tentacles
Others: invisibility and knock (no rogue in your party), fly, enervation vs big bosses, magic missile and fireball to dish out some damage

haste should be the bards job to cast since the party is level 7.

Winterschmied
2021-03-10, 09:47 AM
Thank for very much for the Advices That helps alot! Much appreciated :D

vasilidor
2021-03-10, 10:01 AM
Last time I got rolls like this I made an archer(fighter). got a +3 dexterity modifier and stayed away from the front lines and did rather well with average rolls. mind we had plenty of magic available to us, so that helped a lot. mind by level 11 we had about the equivalent wealth of level 20+ characters, but I did a rebuild with actual wealth listed in the GM section as recommended and against the average CR 11 monster he still did quite well.