PDA

View Full Version : Colored dice game?

ShadowSandbag
2021-03-10, 06:56 PM
Hello, hoping someone can help me with this. I remember reading about a game that used different colored dice for different stats, I want to say it was a one-page game that had something to do with either being or beating a dragon.
I know it’s a longshoreman but if anyone knows what I’m talking about or could point me in the direction of anything similar it would be much appreciated.

BRC
2021-03-10, 06:58 PM
Hello, hoping someone can help me with this. I remember reading about a game that used different colored dice for different stats, I want to say it was a one-page game that had something to do with either being or beating a dragon.
I know it’s a longshoreman but if anyone knows what I’m talking about or could point me in the direction of anything similar it would be much appreciated.

The game you are looking for is the MicroRPG Olaf Hits The Dragon With His Sword, which can be found for free here

https://penguinking.itch.io/olaf-hits-the-dragon-with-his-sword

It was originally written on a whim off some comment about a false dichotomy between combat and storytelling in RPGs, with the idea that "You can build a great story out of Olaf Hits The Dragon With His Sword".

ShadowSandbag
2021-03-10, 07:32 PM
That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!