PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking forward to seeing sabine again

Scottzg
2021-03-10, 08:40 PM
I haven't posted enough to make links, but i've been following since 2003. I'm re-reading the comic for prolly the 8th time. Own all the books and everything... just don't post here.

Somehow it escaped me that last we saw Sabine she was trapped in the lower planes HATING Team Tarquin and feeding info to V. Comics 914 and 935. Sabine has said she doesn't know cedrik/lee/nero's plans. She doesn't have a reason to oppose OOTS any more, and might approve of their objectives like Tarquin does.

The next time she appears in-comic she's going to have her own agenda and her alliances will be reshuffled. It could be really neat to see her in a different role.

facw
2021-03-11, 12:30 AM
We didn't see her, but we do know she's up to something for the IFCC (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1183.html). No doubt we'll be seeing what eventually, and it will indeed be interesting to see where her loyalties are now.

Quebbster
2021-03-11, 03:17 AM
Looking forward to seeing Sabine done in the new art style.

ErisStorm
2021-03-12, 01:01 AM
I'm sure that she's busy planning her revenge. Whatever she comes up with is going to be GOOD!

Finagle
2021-03-12, 01:42 AM
A vessel for the artifact? I wonder what that could be. A mortal? And what's the artifact? I don't think we've seen any artifacts in-comic yet, have we?

I mean, all the fiends have to do is give the party a Deck of Many Things and poof there goes the whole campaign. :smallbiggrin:

KorvinStarmast
2021-03-12, 07:12 AM
A vessel for the artifact? I wonder what that could be. A mortal? And what's the artifact? I don't think we've seen any artifacts in-comic yet, have we? The Red Cloak is one. :smallcool: (I think. Not sure where I recall this but for some reason I get the idea that Rich made that remark)

Silly Name
2021-03-12, 07:26 AM
The Red Cloak is one. :smallcool: (I think. Not sure where I recall this but for some reason I get the idea that Rich made that remark)

At the very least it does fit the general description of an artifact in D&D, so I'd say it's one.

Emanick
2021-03-12, 10:22 AM
To my recollection, we've seen three artifacts so far:

1) The Red Cloak, obviously.
2) The Ming, as a running joke that has nothing to do with the main plot but is still technically an artifact, at least according to Teevo.
3) The Hammer of Loki Sucks, which seems to be, mechanically, more or less the same as the Hammer of Thunderbolts, a minor artifact. The in-comic evidence also suggests that it holds artifact status.

Bookshelfstud
2021-03-12, 04:26 PM
This does have me wondering who the "vessel" is going to be. It feels like it's gotta be someone either Sabine or the IFCC is familiar with in the context of the story. Julio Scoundrel? Pompey? V's mate?

Emanick
2021-03-12, 08:38 PM
This does have me wondering who the "vessel" is going to be. It feels like it's gotta be someone either Sabine or the IFCC is familiar with in the context of the story. Julio Scoundrel? Pompey? V's mate?

Trigak, with Eugene's zombified head glued onto a fourth artificial neck. Quadgak, if you will.

Good Coyote
2021-03-12, 10:37 PM

Assuming that becoming the vessel is a bad experience, and if Sabine combines business and pleasure... Tarquin?

Probably not, as I don't know if it lines up exactly well with the story beats, but if I were thinking of someone she'd enjoy subjecting to something awful, he tops the list.

Emanick
2021-03-12, 11:26 PM
We know Hinjo still has a major part to play in the story, and we don't know how or why. Could the vessel be Hinjo...?

It seems like kind of a crazy guess, since there's no reason why Sabine should have access to his body or soul, but aside from that, it would be certainly be fascinating and would be a way to tie up two loose ends, especially if this is how Belkar ends up saving Hinjo's life for the second time.

InvisibleBison
2021-03-13, 12:16 AM
It seems a bit premature to speculate as to who the vessel will be when we have no evidence whatsoever that the vessel will be a person.

Vrock Bait
2021-03-13, 12:18 AM
Assuming that becoming the vessel is a bad experience, and if Sabine combines business and pleasure... Tarquin?

Probably not, as I don't know if it lines up exactly well with the story beats, but if I were thinking of someone she'd enjoy subjecting to something awful, he tops the list.

It could easily be Laurin too, since she was the one to permanently kill Nale. Though it’s possible that Nale himself could come back in some form as the vessel.

Don’t know about story beats, it’s been a whole book since we left the Western Continent. It feels appropriate for the Vector Legion to show up to at least some degree in the final book.

InvisibleBison
2021-03-13, 12:28 AM
It feels appropriate for the Vector Legion to show up to at least some degree in the final book.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. The Vector Legion are appendages of Tarquin (at least, in terms of their relevance to the story), and the whole point of Tarquin's arc is that he just does - which is why he's last seen shouting impotently at the actual story as it leaves him behind. For him to show up again would completely destroy that entire point, and render the whole story of Book 5 basically pointless.

Mic_128
2021-03-13, 05:17 AM
We know Hinjo still has a major part to play in the story, and we don't know how or why. Could the vessel be Hinjo...?

I'm thinking he'll be involved in either leading a force to assist a big fight, or doing something with Azure city, home of one of the rifts. Maybe it being further away from the mystery planet has some significance.

Fyraltari
2021-03-13, 06:50 AM
It seems a bit premature to speculate as to who the vessel will be when we have no evidence whatsoever that the vessel will be a person.

While I agree with you, lack of evidence has never stopped theories on this forum.

Blue Dragon
2021-03-13, 07:41 AM
Now that you mentioned, she didn't show after the art style changes.
I bet her return will be not a bit less than boombastic.

brian 333
2021-03-13, 09:09 AM
While I agree with you, lack of evidence has never stopped theories on this forum.

Here's a theory backed by no evidence:

The Vessel and the character with only one appearance are the same chasacter.

Finagle
2021-03-13, 02:33 PM
The Red Cloak is one.
Oh yeah, for sure. Definitely an artifact. Good call.

The Ming...ugh yeah if it's the equivalent of The One Ring then it's an in-comic canon artifact, too.

I suppose the Gates are just very powerful magical items. Since they're manmade, not divinely created.

The Hammer of Loki Sucks...well I thought a hammer of thunderbolts was just a +3 throwable returning warhammer. Wasn't there one just lying around in Baldur's Gate somewhere? Looks like they upgraded it into a minor artifact in 3.5.

Eh...just the...vaguely Lawful Evil, technically correct way that was said...even if it was by NE Nero, I get the idea it's a person or entity of some kind. Not a vessel like a bowl or a genie bottle.

I just want Vaarsuvius to channel the power of the dark side again and cast Disjunction on the Red Mantle. I wanna see the Dark One himself get royally pissed off and manifest physically on the Prime Material plane and start wrecking up the place. :smallamused: Can I still pay the author like a thousand bucks and have him write a 16 page comic on whatever I want? :smallredface:

Brutalitops
2021-03-13, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah, for sure. Definitely an artifact. Good call.

I just want Vaarsuvius to channel the power of the dark side again and cast Disjunction on the Red Mantle. I wanna see the Dark One himself get royally pissed off and manifest physically on the Prime Material plane and start wrecking up the place. :smallamused: Can I still pay the author like a thousand bucks and have him write a 16 page comic on whatever I want? :smallredface:

V is currently level 16 and is getting close enough to the level where they could learn disjunction naturally without going full Dark Side.