PDA

View Full Version : Harpy Siren Help

cupkeyk
2007-11-09, 01:50 PM
Has anyone noticed that a harpy cannot access the Siren PRC(Savage Species) off the bat? The PRC has an intimidate rank prerequisite of 6, which is not in the Harpy Monstrous humanoid class list; she will need two more hit dice to get intimidate as a cross lass skill or one level of fighter. Either way, she will never get the capstone ability of Power Word: Kill ability.

Anywho, my friend is building a Harpy Siren 10, using the Savage Species progression and asked me for help. We exchanged the second level emotion effect for Crushing Despair to make the class fully 3.5 compatible.

So far this is what we have:
1 Harpy1 Martial Study(Crusader's Strike)
2 Harpy2
3 Harpy3 Improved Flight
4 Harpy4
5 Harpy5
6 Harpy6
7 Harpy7 Power Attack
8 Harpy8
9 Harpy9
10 Harpy10
11 Siren1 Reverberation(Captivating Song)
12 Siren2 Fly-by Attack
13 Siren3
14 Siren4
15 Siren5 Ability Focus(Song of Idiocy)
16 Siren6
17 Siren7
18 Siren8 Reverberation(Song of Idiocy)
19 Siren9
20 Siren10

Martial Study(Crusader's Strike) nets me intimidate as a class skill, aside from the nifty once per encounter CLW.

The Power attack offers some offensive ability. It could go in favor of Ability Focus(Captivating Song).

Or I could exchange Ability Focus(Song of Idiocy) and Reverberation (Song of Idiocy) for more combat oriented feats. Which I do not know? The issue lies in that Captivating Song is most useful when opponents are five feet of the Harpy, when they cannot fight back as the harpy kills them, otherwise a reach weapon (long spear, the only reach weapon a harpy is proficient with) would have been optimal. I am looking for a feat similar to sculpt spell but for captivating song, so that allies within 300 feet do not turn into stone, become drooling idiots, lose levels, die of freight, get demoralized, get fascinated or just plain die.

This is seriously in need of work. Is there another race that can enter the PRC earlier? A meanad has only one use per day of its sonic ray. Would a grig qualify with its fiddle ability? A satyr with a pipe? A few levels in a base class would do it wonders. The Siren capstone ability is just too good, everything with less 101 hp within 300 feet dies!!!