PDA

View Full Version : Leap Attack errata... how much damage?

SadisticFishing
2007-11-09, 02:33 PM
Well, I always thought that Leap Attack always gave +1 damage for each -1 attack you took, no matter what other factors come into play, but looking at the Frenzied Berserker's errata, it seems that Leap Attack's +100% damage is worded exactly the same way as Supreme Power Attack. So if a fighter using a falchion with leap attack power attacks for -1, do they get +4 damage?

Thanks

Clementx
2007-11-09, 02:40 PM
Yes. +2 damage with a two-hander is the baseline, so +100% adds +2. It is not, "+1, doubled", which would cause a different result because of DnD multiplication.

SadisticFishing
2007-11-09, 02:44 PM
Hrm, ridiculous. I've done some horrible math in my campaign, a lot more PC's should be dead :P

So it's not +1, +100% (2h), +100% (leap attack)... it's +2, +100% (leap attack), meaning +4. Just triple checking.

:P

Frosty
2007-11-09, 03:24 PM
Leap attack makes melee-builds viable :smallamused:

SadisticFishing
2007-11-09, 03:29 PM
If by "viable" you mean "do a lot of damage on a charge", then yes. It's not sustainable though, and it's silly that to deal with a melee character in the best way, stand BESIDE him. Silly.

Frosty
2007-11-09, 03:45 PM
If they're next to you, you can make full attacks, and make AoO. Make a tripping build and also take Mage Slayer and now spellcasters are hurting everywhere. If they're near you, they get tripped and smacked while casting. If they're far away, they get charged.

Kaelik
2007-11-09, 04:01 PM
If they're next to you, you can make full attacks, and make AoO. Make a tripping build and also take Mage Slayer and now spellcasters are hurting everywhere. If they're near you, they get tripped and smacked while casting. If they're far away, they get charged.

If they are flying, you cry. If the have a wall of any kind, you cry. If they immediate action teleport away from your charge, you cry.

Person_Man
2007-11-09, 04:38 PM
In my games, we use this:

Power Attack with 1 handed weapon: +1 damage per BAB
Power Attack with 2 handed weapon: +2 damage per BAB
Leap Attack with 1 handed weapon: +2 damage per BAB
Leap Attack with a 2 handed weapon: +4 damage per BAB

FB is banned by a gentleman's agreement. Seriously, it only leads to problems.

Many people will argue that Leap Attack with a 2 handed weapon should only be +3 damage per BAB. And it works fine that way. I've gotten conflicting answers from Cust Serv and the boards. I like to think that melee builds should have some sort of edge when it comes to raw damage dealing, especially on a charge.

SadisticFishing
2007-11-09, 04:57 PM
Hrm. Why ban FB? Just get him a Merciful weapon, it's always worked in our games... the two times we tried, that is.

Frosty
2007-11-09, 05:00 PM
If they are flying, you cry. If the have a wall of any kind, you cry. If they immediate action teleport away from your charge, you cry.

Who says I can't fly?

Besides, if they save their immediate action, they're not casting quickened spells at me. Also, me teammates always cast dimensional anchor at enemy wizards. You're not in a vaccuum.