PDA

View Full Version : Wait! (spoilers)

2007-11-09, 03:02 PM
How will Roy be able to see whats going on in AC if ALL scrying is blocked? Just because Eugene is dead certainly dosn't exempt him from this limitation.

I fear it may be a long time before we see anything of Belkar and Haley.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-11-09, 03:12 PM
Ugh, don't say that! I hope Rich will shed some light and just show us where they are, even if neither V or Roy can see them.

I don't know how Cloister will effect the upper planes. Maybe Roy can still see them after all.

I'm dying to find out what happened to them!

Alysar
2007-11-09, 03:26 PM
Umm.... just because Eugene might not be able to scry on Haley and Belkar doesn't mean that the comic can't cut over to them.

Rangerdude
2007-11-09, 03:29 PM
I really hope it cuts off to haley and the Belkster soon.

geekyhedgehog
2007-11-09, 04:08 PM
Unless Cloister has prevented Rich from writing comics about AC?

Sledge_bro
2007-11-09, 04:38 PM
^ Hehe, I can imagine that. :smallbiggrin: We might even see a blue screen of death :smalleek:

Alysar
2007-11-09, 04:50 PM
^ Hehe, I can imagine that. :smallbiggrin: We might even see a blue screen of death :smalleek:

I'm just glad he doesn't read threads with 'Spoiler' in the title, or else you might give him ideas.

†Seer†
2007-11-09, 04:52 PM
*grins*

"The file you have requested, "Haley_Belkar_Update", cannot be found, please press Enter and try again"

Caractacus
2007-11-09, 05:25 PM

I can't think of anything more appropriate for Azure City - especially in its current condition. :smallfrown:

Warlord JK
2007-11-09, 05:42 PM
SHHHHH!

Don't let Rich hear you

VetMichael
2007-11-09, 05:55 PM
There IS a way around the no-scrying Cloister spell...Roy can descend to thephysical realm as Eugene did after the gate was destroyed (and Roy couldn't hear him since the sword was shattered), snoop around the city, return to the astral plane (or Limbo or whatever he's in now) and perhaps relay a message somehow to Durkon. Since infernals relay messages via imps and such, why can't Roy use Roy's Archon to relay a message? Or is it the whole "Prime Directive" thing going on?

A related question, however, arises. Does Belkar's Mark of Justice remain intact while Roy's body decays? What if Roy had been disintegrated? What is Roy's body decomposes completely, leaving naught but bones, which are then carried off by random rats, dogs, or otehr bone-loving entities? Does Belkar have to remain in 1 mile of ALL of Roy, MOST of Roy, or SOME of Roy?

Caractacus
2007-11-09, 06:01 PM
Does Belkar have to remain in 1 mile of ALL of Roy, MOST of Roy, or SOME of Roy?

Yeah, what if Roy splits into several equal parts? (We have in-comic confirmation that at least two parts is possible... :smallwink:

Zeitgeist
2007-11-10, 09:20 AM

We already got that. It was the throne room after Xykon got through with it.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-11-10, 01:22 PM
Yeah, what if Roy splits into several equal parts? (We have in-comic confirmation that at least two parts is possible... :smallwink:

I would say the biggest part of Roy that remains.

GNUsNotUnix
2007-11-11, 06:26 PM
Quite possible. They'll probably have to twiddle their thumbs in the afterlife for a while.

Alternatively,

They could meet up with Miko, also recently deceased.

luagha
2007-11-11, 06:33 PM
Ah, but the Greenhilt's ancestral sword, to which both Eugene and Roy are connected, is inside the Cloister.

I think that will make the needed link.

Hood
2007-11-11, 06:58 PM
Ah, but the Greenhilt's ancestral sword, to which both Eugene and Roy are connected, is inside the Cloister.

Ooh, that's a good point. I thought that Cloister might pose a problem for Eugene, but now I think you're probably right.

Heroic
2007-11-11, 07:28 PM
I agree with you luagha. You made my day (ermm night?) bright :smallwink:, now I've got a reason to believe we will be gettig some Belkar/Haley action. :smalltongue:

shaddy_24
2007-11-11, 08:38 PM

That... is a distinct possibility. Well thought out.

Zythran
2007-11-11, 08:44 PM
you see, in 484, that xykon cast the cloister spell and then the view of roy and eugene fade away.

they didn't scryed into azure city since the spell ;)

David Argall
2007-11-11, 09:08 PM
you see, in 484, that xykon cast the cloister spell and then the view of roy and eugene fade away.

they didn't scryed into azure city since the spell ;)

This is definitely not the only reading of 484. It is possible their view was blocked at that point, but all we can be sure of here is a scene change, shifting from city to the clouds.
The smoke we see rising is just that, smoke. It is not caused by the spell, but by the existing fires. It might also symbolize that the view from above is blocked, but it can also be simply a way to switch the view to Roy & Eugene.

Zythran
2007-11-11, 09:25 PM
well, you're right, maybe the view isn't blocked. but unfortunatly, they didnt tried after the spell at all.

Corwin Weber
2007-11-11, 09:27 PM
I'd have to guess that either the Greenhilt Sword link can break through Cloister, or it may not apply to Eugene and Roy anyway. (What they're doing isn't actually scrying, it just uses a similar method. Note that Eugene says it's like scrying, he doesn't actually cast any kind of scrying spell. It's just a special ability of anybody on the outskirts of the celestial realms that knows how to use it. (And generally only magically inclined people know how, having done something similar in their former lives.)

Roderick_BR
2007-11-11, 09:41 PM
He can't. Roy will notice it when they try to scry on Haley and Belkar, and be blocked off.
Roy will probably attribute it to Eugene being not as powerful as he thinks he is.