PDA

View Full Version : The Storm <Team One>

Pages : [1] 2

Kyeudo
2007-11-09, 03:40 PM
It's been two days since you decided to take the mercenary job in Reach, most of it spent on a somewhat cramped aethership freighter bound for a small rock in the nearby Mesotar clustar. The promised pay wasn't much, a mere two hundred gold pieces each, but it was the best paying job you could find at the time.

The job seems simple enough. A village in the clustar has been having some problems with a nearby cave system infested with goblins and have been hiring mercenaries to exterminate them. More information was promised once you arrived in the Broken Edge, the village offering the job.

On the open deck of the ship, you can watch the stars and nebuli of the Storm swirl overhead in their endless dance of elemental energies. Ahead, you can see that the ship has just slowed to crusing speed and the Mesotar cluster can be seen ahead. Nothing too interesting about the system, just a half dozen small and average sized planets orbiting a fire star, mainly an agricultural system. You estimate that another day of travel at the most should get you to where your going.

So far you haven't spoken much so far with the others mercenaries hired for the job, what with your cabins being scattered all over the ship between the crew cabins, but now they all seem to have come up on deck, probably having felt the shudder as the ship trimmed its sails and slowed from traversal speed.

Mavian
2007-11-09, 04:20 PM
Melds shaped for on the boat. Soulspark Familiar, and Sailor's Bracers.
No essentia invested.

Leaning against the railing of the ship is a youngish looking dwarf, his brown hair streaming in the wind as he talks to a small glowing mote of blue that hovers in front of his face. He's wearing a simple shirt and breeches, although upon further inspection, there is another bluish glow surrounding his wrists and arms. At his feet rests a backpack filled to bursting, with random pieces of equipment sticking out of the top, and resting next to the pack, a breastplate. As the rest of the party comes up to the deck, he greets them with a curt nod before turning back to his one-sided conversation.

Hyozo
2007-11-09, 04:24 PM
Liam

Liam approaches the other mercenaries, sits down, and begins to speak. "Two days of nothing but poor food, cramped rooms, and expectations. Anybody know more about what we're dealing with than that it involves killing goblins in a cave?" Liam is clearly showing that he is both bored and annoyed. He looks around the room, both trying to find something to do and to determine what his allies might be capable of.

playswithfire
2007-11-09, 04:38 PM
Kleitos
Returning the dwarf's nod, Kleitos shrugs and answers Liam "How much more do we need to know? I'll just be happy for the exercise after this long trip. He does some basic stretching, having been awoken from a nap by the change in speed and then gazes out at the sky, not feeling the need to say anything else, but mentally going over his list of supplies to make sure he's ready.

Human male, fairly non-descript; brown hair, blue eyes, for anyone who hasn't read the character sheet and cares

Hyozo
2007-11-09, 04:56 PM
Liam

Liam nods. "So will I. I'm just wondering if we have to kill them all, or just enough that they know to stop whatever they've been doing to make our services needed. It would also be beneficial to know what that problem is, and if we can keep any possessions of the ones who die." Not seeing anything to be done, he continues contemplating the team's abilities, and concludes that it would probably not be the best idea to annoy the tall one.

Mavian
2007-11-09, 05:10 PM
From his position at the rail, Felonius is going to pipe up.

"They're goblins, we'll wade through them like a dreadnought through a cutter. As for what they've been doing, most likely looting, raiding, or just generally making life miserable for civilized folk."

Rogue 7
2007-11-09, 08:19 PM
"I've seen far worse on my days aboard the Starry Ice. You should consider yourself lucky."

This statement comes from a tall, fairly pale man with dark hair and black eyes. He has two axes sheathed in his belt as he looks up at the starry void.

"I've dealt with my fair share of goblin pirates. These shouldn't prove to be too difficult."

Hyozo
2007-11-09, 09:49 PM
Liam

"True." Liam acknowledges, "But my question is simply are we there to make sure that the crime stops, or to make it impossible to continue? The former requires a few harsh words, and probably a few corpses so they know we can follow up on them. The later requires quite a few more corpses, and seems far more likely to place ours among them."

Rogue 7
2007-11-09, 09:51 PM
"Indeed. We don't have enough information to tell one way or the other. Hopefully, we'll get more information once we arrive."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-09, 11:33 PM
Zerkz

Their kind doesn't always respond to words. Often it's best just to clear them out. Unless we're talking in the thousands, I don't think we'll see much trouble one way or the other. The hulking sword-for-hire seems strangely at peace on the ship, splitting his attention between the other mercenaries and the swirling energies of the storm. There is strength in numbers... he reflects.

playswithfire
2007-11-10, 09:09 AM
Zerkz
There is strength in numbers... he reflects.

Kleitos

Both for them and for us, but unless their numbers are ludicrously large, I'll put my money on us. Because I want the money that we're getting paid for this job. It's not much, but it's the best offer I've had in a while. Kleitos stands back to size up the other members of the group, trying to form preliminary strategy for how they could handle different situations. He won't share his thoughts yet, preferring to have a good idea before bringing others into the process.

Kyeudo
2007-11-10, 03:43 PM
The ship's captain, a portly middle-aged human, barks some final orders to the crew to set the course before aproaching you. "We'll be docking in Broken Edge in about three hours, so if you have anything that needs doing before then, I suggest you get to it." He says, before heading back to the wheelhouse.

Rogue 7
2007-11-10, 04:37 PM
"Seeing as we'll be fighting together here, I suggest that we discuss some basic strategies before we dock. I am a straight-up fighter, with experience fighting a variety of enemies. What specializations do you have?"

Mavian
2007-11-10, 04:55 PM
"At the moment? I can sail a boat, and talk to this thing here" He jabs a thumb towards the glowing blue mote beside him. "Tommorrow, I'll do something else, I never really know until the morning, and I see what needs to be done. Or, if we find a forge, I can always bang out some weapons and armor."

Hyozo
2007-11-10, 05:40 PM
Liam

"While I am generally a spearman, you will likely find that being near me usually causes various desireable effects. I won't bore you with the details, but I suggest you stay near me should any conflict begin." While speaking, Liam's eyes occasionally dart toward the wheelhouse, and he wonders how best to pass the three hours of waiting.

playswithfire
2007-11-10, 06:46 PM
Kleitos

For myself, many of my talents are most potent outside of combat; I can be quite persuasive, for instance. In combat, my main skill is to find a weak spot and quickly incapacitate an opponent who's otherwise engaged with one of you. Maybe I should coordinate with you, ((Rogue_7s character)). You walk up to them while I sneak around behind. Could be very effective.

Rogue 7
2007-11-10, 06:50 PM
"That seems to be fairly basic tactics, but the simplest tactics are always the best, I have found. I am called Kardrak. Your name is...?"

playswithfire
2007-11-10, 07:34 PM
Kleitos

Kleitos, though I'll answer to K if we're short on time.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-10, 11:03 PM
Zerkz

I am called Zerkz. Glad to meet you all. I also fight. I find that there is no substitute for greater strength of arm. The huge warrior hefts his mighty sword and flexes powerful muscles. But there are many kinds of strength. Strength of spirit, strength of mind. I sense strength in all of you; some of you may be almost as strong as me.

Mavian
2007-11-11, 01:39 AM
"Felonius Soulforged, of the Ironheart Clan"

Reaching down to grasp his backpack and slide into it, holding his breastplate in one hand, the dwarf is going to leave his position at the rail and head towards the rest of the group.

"Looks like the captain about ready to start getting the ship ready for docking, so I'd be prepared to disembark if I were you"

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-11, 10:35 AM
Zerkz

I was created ready.

Rogue 7
2007-11-11, 03:14 PM
"I am ready whenever you all are."

playswithfire
2007-11-11, 03:17 PM
Kleitos

As am I

Kyeudo
2007-11-11, 06:48 PM
You all make gather up your gear from your cabins and meet back on deck as the bulky freighter begins its aproach of Broken Edge. Ahead you can see the planet the village is built on, a giant, upside down pyramid of jagged rock the size of a large mountain. The ship rotates slowly, orienting itself to the gravity well of the aproaching planet.

Sailors scurry through the rigging, furling the mainsails and setting the backsail and downsail, slowing the vessal and bringing it down to the level of the planet. As the ship pulls alongside the wooden pier jutting from the edge of the planet, sailors expertly throw lines to men waiting on the pier who tie off the lines and haul the ship in against the padded beams. Once secured, the sailors carefuly fix the topsail to prevent the ship from falling to the bottom of the planet's gravity well, then lower the gang plank and start to off load some of the cargo.

At the end of the pier a small group of men stand, probably waiting for you. They are all human and most seem to be middle-aged, with a few older men in the group.

Rogue 7
2007-11-11, 06:56 PM
Kardrak
Kardrak disembarks and walks up to the men, his weapons sheathed, offering his hand.
"Greetings. I am Kardrak. I believe that you are the men who hired us to deal with these goblins?

If they are,
"I should like to know a bit more information about them- how many are there, and do you want them all eliminated, or will merely staving off their attacks suffice?" If we do have to hunt them down, where do they live, and what is the terrain like?"

Hyozo
2007-11-11, 08:30 PM
Liam

Glad to finally be on the planet, Liam leaps off the ship toward the men. "Greetings people of Broken Edge. I've heard you need a problem solved."

Kyeudo
2007-11-11, 09:43 PM
One of the half-dozen men steps forward as you aproach. He is of above average height, with short brown hair and sharp roman features.

"Greetings and welcome to our humble town. I am Arius Mathon, Mayor of Broken Edge, and these esteemed gentlemen are the rest of our town council." Arius turns slightly to indicate his companions. "May I present Dorian Argant, our Treasurer," The short, portly man with large black sideburns and a reserved expression nods in your direction, "Vernon Trebador, our Head Magistrate," the rail thin man in loose brown robes gives a small bow, "Jay Rookstone, Captain of the Town Guard," the heavy-set man with grey hair also bows, "Marik Alphinian, our Representitive of Trade" the youngest-looking of the group, a well-dressed blond-haired man in his early-thirties, gives you a formal bow, "and Faram Al'Theris, our Representive of Agriculture," The last man, a burly red-haired man with a rather sour look in his eyes, crosses his well-muscled arms as he is introduced.

"Please, let us go to somewhere a little more comfortable before we discuss the particulars of the job. The room we use for a council chamber is not far from here, and we can at least sit down while we talk."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-11, 10:09 PM
Zerkz

Zerkz looks at the councilmen appraisingly, useless old men, bureaucrats incapable of solving a single thing without the help of other more capable men. Of course they would take all the credit when the work was done, but he was accustomed to that. He would do the job he was hired to perform without complaint.

Lead the way.

Hyozo
2007-11-11, 10:25 PM
Liam

Liam is generally unimpressed by the council. A fat treasurer and a rude agricultural representative? It's no wonder these people need help. Not wanting to lose the oppritunity to help however, he keeps this oppinion private, and instead inquires "Which way to this council chamber then?"

Kyeudo
2007-11-11, 10:52 PM
The Mayor and the Town Council lead you into town. The town seems relatively prosperous, with a fair amount of people going about their buisness. You can hear people haggling over prices here and there, and the sounds of a blacksmith's hammer ringing against steel can be heard from not too far away.

Signs of fear and unrest can be seen everywhere, however. Down several of the town's dirt roads you can see the beginings of a wooden pallisade being errected around the town and members of what must be the town guard stand watch on many street corners wearing leather armor and armed with spears. People look at you with a mixture of nervousness and hope, some not even daring to look at you directly.

The Mayor leads you to a large home located in the center of town, well-built and spacious, but not overly ostentatious. Inside, there is a large, comfortable-looking living room furnished with several couches and padded chairs. As you enter, a pretty human woman comes into the room.

"Mary, could you leave us alone for now? This is council buisness and I'd rather not be disturbed."

"Very well. Tell me if you need anything."

She departs, smiling slightly at Arius before leaving. Arius motions for you all to be seated, taking a chair in the corner for himself. The council members take a seat on various couches and chairs, most near the Mayor's seat.

"I'm sure you have plenty of questions. Please, feel free to ask, and I'll fill you in on all the specifics."

Rogue 7
2007-11-11, 10:56 PM
"The main question is what exactly are we required to do? Are we supposed to exterminate these goblins or merely try and deter them from attacking? If it is the former, where are they located, and in what environment? Tackling an enemy in a cave is far different from tackling an enemy on open plains. If it is the latter, what are the defensible points of the village where we can safely fend them off? Either way, what sort of numbers are we talking about?"

Mavian
2007-11-11, 11:02 PM
"How well equipped are your guards, and how fast are your smiths converting from farm implements to weapons and armour?"

Slinging his pack and armor down onto the floor in front of him, the dwarf is going to take a seat on one of the chairs.

Kyeudo
2007-11-11, 11:12 PM
Captain Rookstone speaks up at this. "We want you to exterminate the goblins from an underground cave system located to the east of our town. We don't need them completely exterminated, although that would be preferable. We just need them unable to make any attacks against our people for a good while."

"Our trouble with them started just recently. The goblins were here when this town was first settled, but they left us alone and we left them alone. Now the bastards are have started ambushing small groups of our people and the town guard isn't equipped to deal with this new threat. We're doing what we can, putting up the pallisade and enlisting more guards, but it will be awhile before the wall will be finished or we have enough guards trained to do the job ourselves. Which is where you come in."

"Our guards are rather poorly equipped, as up until now they only needed to be able to deal with drunken sailors and an occasional cut purse. As for more gear, the trouble isn't equipping them, but training them. Most have trouble telling which end of a spear is the pointy end."

Rogue 7
2007-11-11, 11:23 PM
"I see. Are there up-to-date maps of the cave system, or will we be going in blind?"

Kyeudo
2007-11-11, 11:32 PM
This time Arius is the one to answer. "As the Captain said, the goblin's have inhabited the cave system since the town's founding, and we've done our best to stay clear of them, lest we invite trouble. The most we know of the goblin's cave system is where several of the entrances are."

Rogue 7
2007-11-11, 11:39 PM
"That will make things more difficult. This is going to be a very slow process, I think. If we aim for complete extermination, we are going to have to seal all other entrances in order to prevent escape, but we don't know if we will have gotten all of the entrances. Either way, we will have to go very slowly and make sure that we don't leave any groups that could ambush us from behind- that would be my prime concern about all this- an ambush from behind in cramped quarters is very difficult to deal with."

Mavian
2007-11-11, 11:44 PM
"We don't need to exterminate them completely, just take out whatevers holding the tribe together. Most goblins are sniveling cowards, and if we cut off their leadership, we cut down their will to fight."

Shaking his head at his mote, he continues.

"And your never gonna plug all the holes to a goblin warren, probably got the whole cave system setup with interconnected tunnels just to prevent what your describin, not to mention usin those same tunnels to circle around any intruders."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-11, 11:50 PM
Zerkz

When you deal with goblins, you deal with the mob. Their strength is their numbers, not their command structure. Kill a chief and a lowling rises to take his place. We'll have no choice but to smash the buggers one at a time until they ain't got the numbers to mount another attack. Now, there's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 of us, most of us reliable. Reliable to kill goblins one at a time, that is. And like there's no real count on how many goblins there are, maybe 50, maybe 100, maybe 1000 or more.

He pauses for a moment as he considers this prospect.

We should have a f*cking wizard, he concludes.

Rogue 7
2007-11-12, 12:01 AM
"Well, isn't this magical? We've got a serious disagreement on Goblin leadership, a cave system we know nothing about, and are probably outnumbered at least five to one. I'll take half my payment up front, please."

Mavian
2007-11-12, 12:05 AM
"I don't know what kinda goblins you've been tanglin with, but your average goblin ain't gonna stick his neck out to cover his buddies ass without gettin somethin out of it for themself. I still maintain that you take out the chief and the tribe crumbles. Sure goblins like to swarm, but unless there's someone behind them poking them with a stick, they're more then likely gonna swarm away from any source of danger."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-12, 12:11 AM
Zerkz

That's no permanent solution. Live to fight another day, is the saying, not live to bake s'mores for everyone. They'll run away alright, but they'll be back. I'll second cash up front. Anything else you can tell us about these monsters?

If there's not anything else they can tell us about the goblins, Zerkz will move to skip ahead to the action. However, I suspect another of the PCs who is more intelligent (i.e. all of them) will have other, more prescient questions to ask the council. Zerkz isn't particularly interested in hearing the answers, though.

Rogue 7
2007-11-12, 12:12 AM
"I still would like your gentlemen's best estimates on the Goblin numbers."

Kyeudo
2007-11-12, 12:33 AM
Rookstone speaks again. "Their numbers can't be too much. They don't do much on the surface, so they must get all their food from what they can scavenge underground and I doubt that is much. How they can even make attacks is a wonder in itself. I'd say no more than twenty or thirty warriors at the most."

At the mention of payment up front, the portly Treasurer speaks up. "I'm afraid payment up front is out of the question. How can we be sure you won't take the money and jump ship on us?" he says quite cynicaly.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-12, 12:43 AM
Zerkz

Fine, I don't have the energy to argue about payment with you. I will do the job I was hired to do. 30 goblins will be a worthy challenge and nothing more. We'll begin when you deem it prudent.

Rogue 7
2007-11-12, 12:46 AM
"If you haven't noticed, this is a fairly small rock you've got here. Ships are fairly uncommon, I imagine. It'd be very difficult for us to run out on you guys, wouldn't you think? Saying that, I'll do the job without the payment. I was expecting upwards of fifty. It may take a few days, but we should get them all.

If you don't want to pay us up front, are there any healing items or equipment you might loan us so that we can collect payment?"

Kyeudo
2007-11-12, 01:22 AM
Marik, the Trade Representative, decides to speak. "Please, gentlemen, lets not be so hasty in negotiating payment. I'm sure we would be fine in providing some payment up front. How about we provide seventy-five gold pieces up front, with the rest upon confirmation that the job is finished?"

Rogue 7
2007-11-12, 01:26 AM
"I can accept that, if no one else has any objections?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-12, 01:30 AM
Zerkz

Can't ask fairer than that, I'm sure, says Zerkz with an air of indifference.

Kyeudo
2007-11-12, 01:52 AM
Mr. Argant seems ready to swalllow his tongue, but says nothing.

"Alright then. Since we are in agreement, I'd say this meeting is over, unless there are further questions?" Arius looks around the room briefly, seeing if anyone has anything further to add.

playswithfire
2007-11-12, 01:41 PM
Kleitos

Well, unless I missed it, you still haven't told us where these entrances are where we can start hunting them down. Other than that, I'm ready when everyone else is.

Kyeudo
2007-11-12, 01:46 PM
"The captain will provide you with a map of the area to assist in your endevours, after Dorian gets your payment out of the treasury. Any other questions?"

Rogue 7
2007-11-12, 02:11 PM
"Is there a market where we could possibly look for healing items, or are there any that you could provide us with?"

Mavian
2007-11-12, 02:18 PM
"Can we wait for tomorrow before setting out? I'm rigged up for sailing and need a good 8 hours of sleep before switching over to anything else. Unless there happens to be a boat in these underground tunnels, I'm useless at the moment."

The dwarf points to his bracers as he speaks.

Kyeudo
2007-11-12, 02:19 PM
Mr. Alphinian answers quickly enough. "There is an apothecary located near the blacksmith that should carry something of what you are looking for. As for resting up first, I'm sure you can get a room at the inn down by the pier. We'd like the job done quickly, but we'd prefer you not fail do to poor preperations."

Rogue 7
2007-11-12, 02:26 PM
I'll head down to the apothecary and pick up a potion of cure light wounds- 50 gp, right? If you want me to RP it fine, but I'd honestly prefer to skip it. Then, I'll head to the inn and turn in.

Mavian
2007-11-12, 02:30 PM
Nodding to the city council, Felonius is going to accept his coins, heave his armor and backpack back up onto his back.

"Unless there is anything else to discuss, or any more info on the goblins that you can give us, I'll take my leave."

If none of the council has anything else to say, he'll head towards the inn.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-12, 02:35 PM
Zerkz

That all sounds great. I think I'll take some exercise before heading to the inn.

He looks the councilmen over once more, distrustfully, then adds:

Oh, and call me crazy but, do you have any idea what might've triggered these raids? Seems strange that the buggers left you be for so long then suddenly started attacking people.

Sense motive +5 on their answers.

Kyeudo
2007-11-12, 07:54 PM
Surprisingly, this time the one to answer is Faram, the Representative of Agriculture. The man answers in a surly, irritated tone. "It wasn't us that stated this buisness, it was them. We've been clearing trees for wood for years, then all of a sudden they start ambushing our foresters and stab them full of holes. We've found three groups of foresters dead since this started, and we've done nothing to provoke them."

Zerkz

You get the feeling that he doesn't like any of your group for some reason, but he believes what he's saying is true. Dispite this, you can't help but feel like there's something more going on, something strange.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-12, 09:29 PM
Zerkz

Zerkz rises to his full, impressive height. He didn't much care for the man's tone, for more reasons than one. He raises his voice, but only slightly:

Have you got something else you'd like to say to me? Cause it sounds like you do, and I'd really, really like to hear it.

Sense motive +5 on his answer.

Kyeudo
2007-11-12, 09:56 PM
The big man rises from his seat, fists clenched. "If you want to hear it, then here it is: I don't think we need you at all. Our people built this town out of nothing. We've weathered everything the Storm has thrown at us, firestorms, rock showers, plague, and failed crops, and so far we've come through and to think that a bunch of midget barbarians is all it took to get the town to call for help is disgraceful. Feel glad that you even have a job. You can thank the rest of these cowards for that." With that Faram storms out of the building, slamming the door behind him.

Zerkz

The man is genuinely irrate. By your best guess, the rest of the town council probably out voted him when deciding what to do about the goblins.

Hyozo
2007-11-12, 10:04 PM
Liam

"Calm down Zerkz." Groans Liam in a tone slightly less convincing than usual. "Just because he isn't much more polite than you are doesn't mean he's hiding something." He then turns toward the council and adds "I would, however, like to know why you are taking efforts to fortify the town when the attacks are being made against the foresters."

EDIT: Nevermind, a few minutes too late.

Rogue 7
2007-11-12, 10:08 PM
"As long as I'm getting paid, I don't care much for your motivations. I can't say I'll attack innocents and noncombatants, but I'll make sure that the Goblins stay away. That's what you're paying me for."

Mavian
2007-11-12, 10:13 PM
"Just cause they're hittin the foresters know, doesn't mean they won't be hittin the town. Better to spend a little extra on defense, then to be pullin daggers outta your kids bellies. Besides, this way, if anything bigger than a goblin tribe comes outta the storm, they're a little more prepared to deal with it."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-12, 10:17 PM
Zerkz

Zerkz watches Faram's explosion with a bemused expression, allowing him to vent and storm out.

I thought the vein on his head would explode. Some men do not react well to confrontation. Fortunately for you, we professionals know how to handle a challenge.

playswithfire
2007-11-12, 10:28 PM
Kleitos

If everyone could calm down for a minute, I'm sure the question about the goblins' motivation was intended to provide us a rudimentary psychological profile of our opponents that could garner us an edge in either combat or negotiation. No offense or implication of lack was intended. Quietly, to Zerkz, Do calm down a bit; I need the money for this job. Also, phrasing's important if you want an answer.

[roll0] Diplomacy (big man)
[roll1] Diplomacy (Zerkz)

Hyozo
2007-11-12, 10:28 PM
Liam

"Great, we've been employed for less than an hour and you've already managed to get one of the people employing us to wish they hadn't. I'm going to go make plans for how to fight the goblins effectively. Try not to get anybody else angry with us." After saying this, Liam leaves the building and heads toward the inn.

Kyeudo
2007-11-12, 10:38 PM
"Please excuse Faram. He can be somewhat hot-headed at times. Now, unless there is something else you'd like to ask, I believe we can ajourn this meeting." Arius pauses for a moment to make sure there are no more questions, then rises from his chair. "If you'll excuse me, I have buisness to attend to." He makes his exit further into the house. The remaining council members each stand and excuse themselves as well, leaving through the front door.

(It's hard to make Diplomacy checks on people who arn't here. Faram's already left the room.)

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-12, 10:38 PM
Zerkz

Excuse me for speaking plainly, but if that blowhard had his way, we'd all still be back at Reach begging for supper. Now, if you don't mind, I have an early appointment with some goblins in the morning.

Exit stage left.

Rogue 7
2007-11-12, 10:45 PM
See Kardrak's earlier actions.

Kyeudo
2007-11-13, 03:37 PM
After collecting your pay from Mr. Argant and a servicable map from the Captain, you all are able to find the inn the Marik mentioned with relative ease, as its the only inn in town. The place is a small, well-kept two story wooden building with a sign hanging over the door depicting a man dangling by one arm over a cliff with lettering under the sign proclaiming this the Over the Edge.

Inside, the common room is mostly empty of people. A few patrons sit here and there, drinking and talking with friends. Unlike most dock-side taverns, the place looks entirely reputable, but then this is an out of the way farming town, not a bustling port.

When you inquire about the price for a room for the night from the bartender, you find out that rooms are five silver pieces a night. There is plenty of time left in the day still to track down any gear you may want to buy, as it is only early afternoon.

Rogue 7
2007-11-13, 03:39 PM
Kardrak'll sit in a chair, order a beer and some dinner, and talk with anyone willing to strike up a conversation. If no one talks, however, he'll stay silent.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-13, 03:44 PM
Zerkz will purchase some adventuring equipment: Rope, backpack, bedroll, flint+steel, torches. Then, he reports to the inn and tries to scare up a game of darts with anyone who will play him. If he loses, he'll falsely claim that he's never played the game before.

Mavian
2007-11-13, 03:48 PM
After renting a room for the night, and stowing his gear, Felonius is going to dig out his Smithing tools. Coming back down stairs, he's going to nod to anyone in the common room.

"I'll be at the forge if you need me"

Exiting the inn, he'll then proceed to the forge and see if there is any place he can assist. He'll spend the rest of the day there unless someone comes and gets him.

Hyozo
2007-11-13, 04:13 PM
Liam

Hmm, apparently aside from the farming representative these people are calmer than most. Thinks Liam as he enters the inn. He purchases a drink, preffering flavor over alchohol content, and asks the bartender "Do you know if there's a library or some similar place in town? I'm one of the ones who've been hired to handle the goblin problem, and a bit more informationon what to expect is never a bad thing."

If the bartender tells him that there is one, he'll pay for his drink and go to the library to look for information, both about the usual actions of the goblins, and if there are any dragons or related species on Broken Edge. If there is no library, he'll compete with Zerks in the dart game.

Kyeudo
2007-11-13, 04:21 PM
Zerks: One of the patrons, accepts your challenge. Make a 4 ranged attack rolls.
Dart1:[roll0]
Dart2:[roll1]
Dart3:[roll2]
Dart4:[roll3]

Kadarak: Meal will be three silvers. It consists of fresh bread, stew, and your choice of drink. The stew is quite good, althoug you couldn't say what kind of meat its made from.

Felonius: When you enter the shop, the sound of hammering on steel is deafening. A brawny woman in a leather apron and rough shirt stands over the anvil, rough-shaping a spear point with a heavy hammer and tongs. A young boy, apparently an appentice, works the bellows to keep the coals hot and their temperature steady. The woman returns the cooling metal to the heat, then turns to you. Raising her voice to be heard over the whoosh of the bellows, she says "What do you want?"

Liam: "Library? Nothing in town like that. What use would we have for one? As for the goblins, I know about as much as anyone does. Anything you need to know?"

Mavian
2007-11-13, 04:27 PM
Stopped in to ask if you needed any assistance, and if not, if you got a spare forge I could set-up at." He holds up his gear, "Just got in off the boat, and its been awhile since I've pounded some metal"

He nods at the boy before moving to examine her work.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-13, 04:36 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

A tie! Not bad considering this is my first time playing. You're not half bad, though. Play again, the loser buys a round?

Kyeudo
2007-11-13, 04:37 PM
"I could use the assistance. I'm backed up with orders from the town guard since this goblin problem started. Let me see what you can do, and maybe I'll give you some work. See what you can do with finishing off that spear head."

Hyozo
2007-11-13, 04:44 PM
Liam

"I'm mainly wondering what kind of tactics they use in combat, assuming anyone has whitnessed them. I would also like to know if there have been any actions taken by the people of Broken Edge that the goblins have shown a strong distaste for." states Liam, hoping to gain some insight on what to prepare for.

Mavian
2007-11-13, 04:47 PM
"Spearhead eh? Haven't done these in awhile." Grinning the dwarf is going to spin his hammer in his hand before grabbing his tongs and stepping up to the forge.

Craft(Weapon)[roll0]

"So, these goblins everyone seems to be worried about, what's the story?"

Rogue 7
2007-11-13, 04:48 PM
Zerkz's third dart quivers in the wood next to Kardrak's head-
"Nice throw, Zerkz."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-13, 04:49 PM
If he agrees to the challenge, I'll manifest metaphysical weapon on my next four darts:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Too slow Rogue 7, had a brain storm and revised my idea. Also, if the guy doesn't agree to my challenge, no darts are thrown at all.

I dunno, that two might still count...

Touche.

Rogue 7
2007-11-13, 04:52 PM
I dunno, that two might still count...

Hyozo
2007-11-13, 04:56 PM
But not the NPC's natural 1 on HIS third dart? Granted it is effectively a four, but it's still a fumble.

Rogue 7
2007-11-13, 05:01 PM
Missed that one. I'll just say I was eating and missed it.:smallwink:

Kyeudo
2007-11-13, 05:21 PM
Zerks: "Sure, why not. I don't mind a free drink." The patron, an older man with greying hair and steady hands, collects the darts and throws again.
"Looks like this round's on you, my friend."

Liam: "For us to know what tactics they use, we'd need to have survivors. We haven't had more than short encounters with the goblins, at least not until the started killing anyone who went near the forrest, so knowing if they dislike anything we're doing would be kinda hard."

Felonius: She talks as you work. "The goblins started killing anyone who near the forest about a month ago. At first, people just vanished without a trace. We thought they might have gotten lost in the woods, but then our best hunters disapeared. Then everyone thought that it might be some kind of storm-spawned creature carrying them off. We stopped letting anyone go to the forest alone, and made sure no one went too far in. Then, about a week ago, we found the forresters. They were out cutting wood for the cold season, but they never came back. We found the bodies this time. They'd been stabbed to death by spears. That's when they started construction on the pallisade. The work parties take a contingient of guards with them when they have to cut more logs, and no one thinks of going into the woods anymore."

When you finish with the spear head, she examines it carefully. "Not bad work, for a show off. You'll do."

Hyozo
2007-11-13, 06:05 PM
Liam

"I suppose that makes sense. I thought there might have been more minor conflicts before this started. Usually there is at least some form of noteworthy anger or threat before senseless murder of everybody who comes within a certain area." he says after hearing the bartender's reply, then after a moment of considderation he adds " If there haven't been any survivors who've seen the goblins fight, how do you know that the goblins are responsible? Have the goblins done anything to indicate that they're the ones behind the attacks, or is there simply nobody else it could be?"

Kyeudo
2007-11-13, 07:25 PM
Liam: "The bodies of the forresters were found stabbed to death by small, stone spears. Who could be using those but the goblins?"

playswithfire
2007-11-13, 07:37 PM
Kleitos

Arriving shortly after the others, Kleitos found the dart game the most immediately entertaining thing in the tavern and watched the match with interest. Seeing Zerks' loss, Kleitos quickly steps up to the victorious patron.

Like my friend said, he's new at this. Mind giving me a chance to cut his losses? One round, double or nothing. To make it worth your while, I win: you buy 1 round for me and my friend; you win, I buy the three of us two rounds and you can tell us how else a man has fun in this city, deal? Kleitos retrieves the darts from the board and steps to the line thinking Well, I may be buying, but eh, all in good fun and I owe Zerks a bit any way for dialing back his speech to the council

If he accepts and Zerks doesn't stop me:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kyeudo
2007-11-13, 08:05 PM
Kleitos: "Your on, although this is all the fun in this town right here."
"You two should come here more often."

playswithfire
2007-11-13, 08:14 PM
Kleitos
Signaling for three beers to be brought over, Well, have to see how tomorrow goes. We may be here a while or we may be done in a day or two. Kleitos pays for the beers when they arrive.

Hyozo
2007-11-13, 08:21 PM
Liam

"To be honest, anything with hands." States Liam bluntly "It doesn't even need to know how to work stone if it can steal from the goblins. The only evidence there is that the goblins are even involved is that they use the same weaponry, and stone spears are probably the second most simple weapon there is. I'm not saying they aren't responsible, I'm saying they might not be. The only thing that would weigh on me more than convincing the people that they're safe when they really aren't would be killing a score and a half of innocents in the process."

Kyeudo
2007-11-13, 08:28 PM
Kleitos: The bartender brings over three tankards of ale, and collects his silver piece."What brings you to Broken Edge?"

Liam: "We've lived on this rock for more than twenty years and haven't seen anything else on this rock that could have done this. Why would anyone want to make it look like goblins killed the forresters?"

Mavian
2007-11-13, 10:42 PM
Felonius:

Back in the forge.
"Like I said, its been awhile since I've gotten to pound metal." Grinning he's going to twirl his hammer again, "but I'm fairly certain I've gotten all the kinks out now"

Craft Weapon [roll0]

"Bloody goblins, never can trust the little buggers. Odd though that you only ever found one group of bodies... How many people have been lost?"

Kyeudo
2007-11-13, 11:13 PM
Felonius: The woman goes back to work, sticking several new bars of steel in the coals to heat. "We found the bodies all on the same day. All three groups of foresters working that day were killed. As for how many we've lost, about twenty people so far, if you count the ones that went missing in the woods."

Hyozo
2007-11-14, 08:12 AM
Liam

"If they're the only others on this rock who have hands, I guess it makes more sense to assume it was them than to assume the village's people were responsible. I was just saying that if there is, or even might be, something else that could be responsible, I wouldn't want to slaughter the goblins until i had slightly more evidence it was them." He pays for his drink, then looks to Zerkz and Kleitos and asks "Would either of you be willing to compete with me, or do I have to take on the one who is actually good at it?"

If either of them, or the old guy, accepts the challenge, my rolls are:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Not the best, but better than the other two have been doing.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-14, 01:53 PM
Zerkz pays for a second round of beers. He's more than willing to settle his debts. To the old man:

So what do you make of this goblin business? On the outside, seems pretty cut and dry, but I get a sense there's more than meets the eye here.

After he gets his answer, he'll toss a few darts with Liam:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Nice! Drinks on me anyway. Don't want you to think I'm a total ass- I got nothing against any'a you, by the way. It's those councilmen, they drive me crazy with their endless yammering. Like they say, how can you tell when a politician's lying? His mouth's moving.

Kyeudo
2007-11-14, 02:05 PM
The man's voice grows soft and a little husky at the question. "This goblin buisness has been a sad affair. I'm a carpenter by trade, so I knew most of the forresters that were killed. I lost some good friends that day, and I want to know why. I've lived on the same rock for the last twenty-four years, and in all that time we've had no trouble with the goblins at all. It just doesn't make any sense to me either. If they wanted us gone, they could have wiped us out easily eight years ago when the rock shower slammed into town."

The man perks up as he changes the subject. "As for the town council, they seem to do their best. They've managed to get re-elected every year for the last few years. Dorian Argant is probably the most disliked of them all, but he has a level head when it comes to money."

Rogue 7
2007-11-14, 02:30 PM
Increasingly concerned by the number of darts flying in his direction, Kardrak finishes his beer, and heads on up to bed, knowing that getting a good night's sleep will be important for the mission tomorrow.

Kyeudo
2007-11-15, 01:22 AM
Felonius: As the sun sets below the plane of Broken Edge, the smith calls a halt to the work. Diggin in a small leather pouch tied to her waist, she pulls out a few coins (1 gp and 2 sp) and hands them to you. "Thanks for the help today."

Everyone: You all settle in for the night. The rooms are nothing special, with just a bed with a straw matress, but at least they are better than accomodations aboard the aethership that got you here. You awake to the sounds of people commencing with the work of the day once more, the clang of the blacksmith's hammar, the sound of people talking, and the slightly more ominous sound of saws and shovels coming from where the pallisade is being errected.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-15, 03:11 PM
Zerkz prepares himself for the days work, doing a few exercises then going downstairs for breakfast.

Mavian
2007-11-15, 03:27 PM
Soulmelds

Adamant Pauldrons shaped to Shoulders
Dissolving Spittle shaped to Throat

Buckling on his armor and grabbing his pile of equipment, Felonius heads downstairs towards the common. Grabbing a table, he drops his shield and backpack down beside his chair, before ordering whatever the kitchens cooking for breakfast.

Rogue 7
2007-11-15, 03:48 PM
Kardrak wakes up, stretches out, meditates, and heads downstairs to begin the day.

Taking 20 to obtain psionic focus.

Hyozo
2007-11-15, 04:03 PM
Liam

Liam thinks about the attacks for nearly ten minutes before donning his chainshirt and steel cap. He then goes down the stairs and orders a meal. He sits near Kardrak and Felonius and begins to speak. "Do we have a plan of action? Personally I think we should go into the forrest instead of the caves. I'm not entirely sure the goblins are responsible at all, and either way they'll be more familiar with the terrain than we are. It just makes more sense to me to search the place where the killing occurred than to kill the suspects in their home."

Kyeudo
2007-11-15, 04:19 PM
Hint:

Did everyone forget about the map you were given?

playswithfire
2007-11-15, 04:20 PM
Kleitos

Kleitos wakes up, reminds himself that gambling is not always wise, but is always fun (and best done after receiving payment so you know you can afford it. After making sure he hasn't lost any of his equipment, he heads downstairs in time to hear Liam's suggestion. Well, on the one hand, we've been hired to kill goblins, not solve mysteries and we've got a map of the caves where the goblins are supposed to be. On the other hand, it shouldn't be hard to find where the killings happened and potentially track more directly from there to the homes of the killers. I'm fine with either plan.

Hyozo
2007-11-15, 04:38 PM
Liam

"We've been hired to put a stop to the attacks. The goblin slaying isn't our job, simply what they believe it will be likely to necessitate. Like I said The goblins are familiar with the caves, whatever is making the attacks in the forrest, goblin or not, is familiar with the forest. If the terrain doesn't change the fact that We will be less familiar with it than they are, I see no point in attacking the ones who are probably resopnsible instead of searching for the ones who are certainly responsible."

Mavian
2007-11-15, 04:41 PM
"What's a few goblins in the long run, they breed faster then rabbits anyways. But lets see this map we got, it'll at least give us an idea of where we're headed."

Kyeudo
2007-11-15, 05:43 PM
The map is crude, but servicable, and seems to be roughly to scale. It clearly shows the layout of the town, the surrounding farmlands, and the edge of the planet. The town sits along the south western edge of the planet. To the north of town, the terrain apparently turns to forested hills after several miles, while to the west the farmland extends to the edge of the woods, roughly 20 miles from the edge of town.

The entrances to the cave system are clearly marked. There are three of them all of them withing about a mile of each other. One entrance is about 25 miles due east of Broken Edge, with the other two to the northeast and southeast of the first. The northeast entrance seems to be in the begining of some rolling hills, while the southeast entrance is the furthest away from town.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-15, 06:57 PM
Zerkz

Maybe a day's trek out into the forest to see what we can turn up would be wise. If we find nothing, I think we should head to the caves.

Mavian
2007-11-15, 07:02 PM
"You mean head north, check out the forest, see what we can find, and then head for the northeastern most of the caves?" Felonius nods slightly, "Not what I set up for today, was planning on mashing some goblins, but it's a good plan."

Rogue 7
2007-11-15, 07:43 PM
"I concur- that sounds reasonable."

playswithfire
2007-11-15, 07:49 PM
Kleitos

Works for me

Hyozo
2007-11-15, 09:40 PM
Liam

Liam looks at the map and thinks for a bit."That certainly does seem like a good plan, but we should probably invest in a few tents. Even if we weren't going to go into the forest, the nearest cave seems over a day's walk away. The way I see it we should go into the forest, head east from there, and If we don't find anything in the forest we set up camp and go to the caves tommorrow."

Maybe not applicable in this case for some reason, but according to the PHB, a human with a light load can walk 24 miles a day, and as a Boy Scout I feel I'm qualified to say that even that is pushing it.

Rogue 7
2007-11-15, 09:53 PM
"Agreed. Liam, would you care to split one between us? I don't snore."

Kyeudo
2007-11-15, 10:06 PM
icedragons

The DMG's figures are based off the physics of the D&D world. Walking in D&D is the same as taking a single move action each round and no other actions, meaning an unencumbered human can walk 30 ft in 6 seconds. D&D uses a 6000 ft mile (I crunched the numbers to figure this out), so it takes a human 20 minutes to walk one mile. This a human with a 30 ft movement speed covers 3 miles an hour, or 24 miles in one day. It wouldn't work in the real world, but in D&D it works fine.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-15, 10:28 PM
Zerkz

Cramped quarters. One of the only situations where size is a disadvantage. I suppose I should by my own tent, no?

Kyeudo
2007-11-18, 05:34 PM
OOC:(So, everyone is buying tents and heading to the forests north of town. Is there anything in particular you are attempting to find?)

Rogue 7
2007-11-18, 08:24 PM
((Dead bodies, I think. That or anything that might look like the Goblins didn't do it.))

Hyozo
2007-11-18, 08:31 PM
((I was thinking more along the lines of looking for where attacks may have been made, trying to find footprints and compare them to goblinoid footprints, hoping that whatever has been attacking anything they believed they could kill misjudges us, things like that.))

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-18, 10:38 PM
((Or, perhaps even better, to provoke an attack from the monsters responsible))

Hyozo
2007-11-18, 11:00 PM
((Or, perhaps even better, to provoke an attack from the monsters responsible))

((Actually, that's fifty percent of "hoping that whatever has been attacking anything they believed they could kill misjudges us" The other fifty percent is them deciding not to attack us if they are out of our league. :smallbiggrin: ))

Kyeudo
2007-11-19, 12:45 AM
Everyone gears up for the excursion to the forest, purchasing whatever supplies they need before heading out. The trip is not terribly long or difficult, the rutted logging road being fairly well maintained, and you soon arrive in the forest. The trees, tall pines and spruces with groves of aspens spread through out, seem tranquil for a place where so much trouble has origionated.

Using the map, you are able to locate the nearest place where one of the forester teams was killed. The area shows the signs of long work. Tree stumps dot the clearing, and the ground has been rutted and packed hard by the wheels of timber wagons. Here and there, however, one can find signs of a struggle. Tools scattered in haste and not recovered lie here and there next to partialy cut trees, and dotted about the clearing can be seen evidence of bloodstains.

Hyozo
2007-11-19, 09:09 AM
Liam

Liam looks over the area of the struggle, searching for footprints of whatever made the attacks. If he finds anything he will alert the others to it's presence.

[roll0]

Mavian
2007-11-19, 02:00 PM
Felonius is going to prowl around the perimeter of site, shield and morning star out, keeping his eyes looking out to spot any advancing trouble.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-19, 02:05 PM
Zerkz is on guard.

Rogue 7
2007-11-19, 02:24 PM
Axes out, examining the area for anything suspicious.

Spot:
[roll0]

Kyeudo
2007-11-19, 05:11 PM
After a few minutes searching the ground for tracks, Liam doesn't find any distinctive footprints. The ground is covered with wheel ruts and plenty of human footprints, but finding any other sort of tracks will take either more time or alot of luck.

Meanwhile, the only thing visible in the woods beside the trees is the occasional bird or squirrel.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-19, 09:09 PM
Zerkz

Well, either we scour the area with a fine-toothed comb or try to make ourselves a bit more conspicuous. Whatdya say?

Rogue 7
2007-11-19, 09:18 PM
"If we head in the general direction of the caves, making loud noises, that will probably do it. We will, of course, need to post a guard tonight."

Hyozo
2007-11-19, 10:08 PM
Liam

"As good as patience is, I doubt it will get us far here. Let's continue eastward. However, if we plan to provoke them, let's stay close together." Liam concentrates for a split second on protecting his allies, and a weak protective aura begins to emit from him.

((Activating toughness aura, the group gains DR 1/magic while within 30 feet of Liam.))

Mavian
2007-11-19, 10:13 PM
Felonius shrugs and spits, burning a small hole into the ground.

"Yeah, this was really eventful, lets head towards those caves and see what we can see."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-19, 10:25 PM
Zerkz

As we head toward the caves, Zerkz sings loudly (and badly) a rowdy bar song.

In the city of Reach
Where the girls are so pretty
I found one to teach
me the way of the city

She showed me the uptown
She showed me the slums
She showed me the downtown
Then she showed me her bum!

...it goes on.

Kyeudo
2007-11-19, 10:27 PM
The party treks eastward towards the cave entrances. The forest seems fairly normal, with the simple sounds of chirping birds and chattering squirrels and chipmunks. Everyone make a Spot check.

Mavian
2007-11-19, 10:31 PM
Spot Check: [roll0]

Felonius rolls his eyes at Zerks
"If yer gonna sing that badly, could you at least ruin a better song?"

Rogue 7
2007-11-19, 10:56 PM
Kardrak attempts to counter Zerkz's song by humming a tune of his own-

"...It's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se,
But the girls in the city are oh so pretty..."
((OOC- cookie for the reference))

Spot Check
[roll0]

Kyeudo
2007-11-19, 11:01 PM
OOC: Avatar, the Last Airbender, sung by Uncle Iroh during the first season I believe. Possibly second season. I believe he was playing a mandolin like instrument at the time.

Rogue 7
2007-11-19, 11:10 PM
((OOC- you are correct, sir! A cookie for this man! I think it was the first time he and Zuko were alone during the second season- "Nothing like a fat man dancing for his dinner!" Been keeping up with season 3?))

Kyeudo
2007-11-19, 11:19 PM
OOC:

Yeah, pretty much. I can't wait for Zuko to start teaching Aeng firebending. That seems what the series is setting up for right now.
Lets move further conversation to the OOC thread.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-19, 11:54 PM
Spot:

[roll0]

Nice! Oh, and that episode is from season 2, not 1.

Hyozo
2007-11-20, 08:07 AM
[roll0]

Liam

"As enjoyable as songs may be, I'd prefer songs by somebody other than the tonedeff giant who only knows the songs he learned in bars." Notes Liam, covering his ears as he speaks. "I think you may be trying to irritate the wrong people."

Edit: Can I have that be a listen check instead? [/joking]

Kyeudo
2007-11-20, 01:14 PM
Zerkz

You spot a small mole burrowing up from underground in the brush. It looks fairly normal, until you see its beady little eyes take on a silvery glow.

Everyone can now make Listen checks if they want (although you may want to fail them to try and block out Zerkz singing).

Mavian
2007-11-20, 01:16 PM
Listen = [roll0] Minus any negatives for the singing.

The dwarf reaches into his pack, and comes out with a small ball of cotton, which he separates and shoves into his ears to block out the singing.

Rogue 7
2007-11-20, 01:24 PM
I'm going to intentionally fail that one. Humming to myself to keep that awful tune out of my head.

Hyozo
2007-11-20, 01:56 PM
[roll0] Plus whatever probably nonexistant bonuses I get for trying to concentrate on any sound other than Zerkz singing.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-20, 02:14 PM
Zerkz

The big warrior stops singing and holds up a large, gnarled fist signaling silence and caution.

Mark that creature... We're being watched, gents, and I think I was right before- there is something more than meets the eye going on here. Some sorcery...

He indicates the strange mole in the bushes.

Quickly, somebody smarter and faster than me, snag it before it gets away and reports to its master.

Rogue 7
2007-11-20, 02:33 PM
Kardrak stops his humming and stands ready, bringing his arm back to throw his handaxe if he so needs.

"A mole? Overly suspicious there, friend. Still, better safe than sorry. I don't qualify as "fast", by any means, so someone else should do that.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-20, 03:45 PM
Zerkz

No mere mole, I'm positive on this one.

Kyeudo
2007-11-20, 05:54 PM
Now that Zerkz has pointed it out, the mole is readily apparent. The little animal is sitting inside its hole with only its head and shoulders above ground. It looks rather ordinary, except for the silvery glow coming from its beady little eyes.

Rogue 7
2007-11-20, 06:11 PM
"Wish I were a gnome right about now. Heard they had some weird thing with burrowers. Do we want to try and surround it?"

Kardrak'll gradually move to get behind the mole, and cautiously motions with his axes for the others to do the same.

Kyeudo
2007-11-21, 12:45 PM
While your group focuses upon the strange little mole in front of you, an arc of black energy erupts from the undergrowth behind you and connects with Klietos (make a Will save). The source of the energy is another small mole, previously hidden in the brush. Everyone can roll Inititive and their first action.

Mavian
2007-11-21, 02:42 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Esssentia:
1 Dissolving Spittle, 1 Admant Pauldrons.

Felonius moves until he gets within 30 feet of the first mole and then hocks a ball of spit at it.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Hyozo
2007-11-21, 05:46 PM
Liam

"What is going on? Magical vermin?" Shouts Liam as he approaches the attacking mole and attempts to impale it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-21, 08:14 PM
Zerkz

Why that little...

Zerkz charges the thing and unleashes a mighty blow.

1d20
1d20+5
in case of hit:
[roll0]

Edit: I have no idea why those first two rolls didn't work. You can roll for me, or let me know what the heck I did wrong.

Hyozo
2007-11-21, 08:47 PM
Oops. I made a couple mistakes. The spear, being two handed, should do one more damage. I also forgot to roll for initiative.
[roll0]
Also: 20 Damage? At level 1? Liam was right when he decided he really would not want to get in a fight with Zerkz!

Kyeudo
2007-11-21, 08:57 PM
Zerks is effectively a 2nd level character right now and is wielding a sword that is bigger than he is. He should deal alot of damage.

Rogue 7
2007-11-22, 12:03 AM
Kardrak
Initiative- [roll0]

Cursing loudly, Kardrak runs up to the mole/whatever shot Kleitos (depending on initiative- if he goes first and no one has gone to the mole, he'll attack that one, if there are people there, he'll attack the second one.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-22, 12:08 AM
Anybody care to explain what I did wrong writing my dice tags? I'd like to know if my mighty blow hit!

And yeah, Zerkz has a +1LA making him big strong man. Swinging giant sword? Yes. Darts and singing, FAIL.

Oh, and if I drop this thing I get a cleave attack on the other bugger, I think. Is it within 5 feet?

Kyeudo
2007-11-22, 01:57 AM
Anybody care to explain what I did wrong writing my dice tags? I'd like to know if my mighty blow hit!

And yeah, Zerkz has a +1LA making him big strong man. Swinging giant sword? Yes. Darts and singing, FAIL.

Oh, and if I drop this thing I get a cleave attack on the other bugger, I think. Is it within 5 feet?

Answer:

Looks like you editted them in, which the forum roller won't allow. I'll just roll them using my home dice for you for now. You get a 2 for Inititive, but a 21 to hit. No, they arn't withing 5 feet of one another. They are more like 30 feet apart, with you in the middle.

Since Playswithfire will be gone until the end of this week, I'll just NPC him for now.

Inititive:
Klietos: [roll0]
Moles: [roll1]

Will Save: [roll2]

Kyeudo
2007-11-22, 02:08 AM
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Kyeudo
2007-11-22, 02:14 AM
Inititive 16: Kleitos mentaly shrugs off the effects of the black energy and whirls around, firing at the mole attacking him. Sadly, he whirls too far, and his shot is wide.

Inititive 12: Both moles project arcs of black energy. One again assaults the mind of Kleitos, while the other attacks Kardrak. (Make a Will save)
Klietos Will Save: [roll0]

Inititive 12: Felonius hawks a glob of green spittle at the nearest mole, dissolving the little animal into a steaming puddle in seconds.

Inititive 11: Kardrak axe splits the remaining creature in half with a swift stroke of his axes.

(Sadly, Zerks and Liam are unable to act before the moles have been finished off. 60 Xp for everyone, including Kleitos.)

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-22, 10:53 AM
Zerkz

At least they're lightweights. The councilors didn't tell us anything about that that, though. Maybe we should search the area for more of them. Or we should go back to town to tell them about this. Or both, in either order. Can anybody here track?

Kyeudo
2007-11-22, 12:25 PM
Kardarak

You think that the moles are Brain Moles, a creature that feeds on psychic energy when it can. The creatures are fairly common psionic pests.

Hyozo
2007-11-22, 07:57 PM
Liam

"I'd rather not needlessly prolong our trip Zerkz. I doubt these vermin can use spears, so they probably aren't responsible for the attacks, and since they attacked without being provoked, I doubt we'll have to search for more of them if there are more of them to be found. We should simply continue with our plan, preferrably without musical aid, and ask about the moles once we've solved the problem of the attacks."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-22, 10:13 PM
Zerkz

You're the boss, boss.

Rogue 7
2007-11-22, 11:20 PM
"Unless any of these vermin are psionic, I doubt that the villagers will encounter much trouble. I think these are called Brain Moles- they're attracted to psionics, which I posess. Probably my fault they attacked, but no one seems to be any worse for wear."

Kyeudo
2007-11-23, 01:44 PM
Could Kardarak please make a Will Save, like I asked earlier?

Rogue 7
2007-11-24, 12:15 AM
Whoops, sorry.

Will Save: [roll0]

Kyeudo
2007-11-24, 04:12 PM
Kardarak shrugs off the attempted theft of his mental energies, but Kleitos is not so lucky. His reserve of power points was completely drained by the second mole.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-25, 01:20 PM
Zerkz

Zerkz looks at Kleitos suffering from the drain.

You look tired, friend. We don't need to go on without you- do we?

playswithfire
2007-11-25, 04:49 PM
((Grr; darn moles; back from vacation))

Kleitos

Briefly stumbling from the mental assault, Kleitos looks at the others and says Well, I didn't have much to offer psionically anyway, but it's not going to be anything now.

Rogue 7
2007-11-25, 06:50 PM
"If you're sure, shall we continue until we reach the caves?"

Hyozo
2007-11-25, 10:18 PM
Liam

"I don't know much about these psionic powers, but I'd suggest we continue with our plan unless doing so would be harmful to Kleitos. That is to say, moreso than it already is likely to be to all of us. Kleitos, you're the only one this problem currently affects, what do you think we should do?"

Mavian
2007-11-25, 10:20 PM
Hocking up another ball of spit to dissolve what's left of the second brainmole, Felonius shrugs and turns back to the rest of the group.

"I've got no qualms about proceeding, faster we finish this the better for the town."

Kyeudo
2007-11-25, 11:27 PM
(Which of the three cavern entrances are you heading towards?)

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-25, 11:49 PM
I think whichever is closest to our current local, i.e. the place where the woodcutters were attacked in the forest. If anybody has a better suggestion, feel free to overrule.

Rogue 7
2007-11-26, 01:08 AM
Aye, I think so. I've got a hunch that it's the north entrance, but I don't know for sure.

playswithfire
2007-11-26, 08:06 AM
Kleitos

I'll be fine. Let's get going.

Closest cave sounds fine to me

Kyeudo
2007-11-26, 11:36 AM
As your group moves deeper into the forest the sounds of the forest begin to fade, becoming quieter the farther you travel towards the nearest cave entrance. With the danger of goblin ambushes ever present, the silence is eerie. (New Spot checks please)

Hyozo
2007-11-26, 11:42 AM
[roll0]

Liam

Glad that the mole's attack left Kleitos mostly unharmed, Liamcontinues looking for anything which might be a threat. The silence barely bothers him when he considders Zerkz's alternative.

playswithfire
2007-11-26, 11:47 AM
Kleitos

Embarrassed that he was the only one affected, Kleitos begins searching around for new threats

Spot (me) [roll0]
Spot (psicrystal) [roll1]

Rogue 7
2007-11-26, 12:06 PM
Kardrak proceeds cautiously, waiting and ready, scanning for any threat.
spot: [roll0]

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-26, 12:21 PM
Zerkz

Warily, Zerkz continues on.

[roll0]

Mavian
2007-11-26, 04:53 PM
Whistling to himself, Felonius pulls the cotton wads out of his ears and continues on with the rest of the group.

Spot: [roll0]

Kyeudo
2007-11-26, 08:49 PM
A sudden cold darkness descends upon the entire group and you hear a high pitched chittering sound. The shadow seems to suck the heat straight from your bodies. Sitting in a nearby tree, red eyes gleaming even through the supernatural shadow, are a pair of what look like black squirrels, staring at you malevolently.

(Taking the shortcut of rolling Inititive and saves for everyone)

Zerkz
Inititive:[roll0]
Fort Save:[roll1]

Kardrak
Inititive:[roll2]
Fort Save:[roll3]

Liam
Inititive:[roll4]
Fort Save:[roll5]

Klietos
Inititive:[roll6]
Fort Save:[roll7]

Vathral
Inititive:[roll8]
Fort Save:[roll9]

Squirrels
Inititive:[roll10]
Damge:[roll11]

Zerkz and Liam each take a point of Strength damage from the numbing cold, and everyone takes 9 points of cold damage.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-26, 09:09 PM
Zerkz

The big warrior grimaces as his vital life force is drained. By the void... those little buggers.

How high up are the evil squirrels? If it's at all reasonable, Zerkz will charge and jump to attack one. Even without a 20 foot running start, it's in the realm of possibility to hit one if its under 20 feet up. If the thing is higher than that, he'll use a double move to climb the distance. If, however, a squirrel appears at ground level, he will charge and attack that one. If it's impossible to hit any of them, he'll simply take full defense.

In any case here are his rolls:

In case of a [roll0]
In case of a [roll1]
In case of an [roll2] (add 2 if he can charge)
In case of [roll3]

Yeesh, I hope there's no call to jump, although given Zerkz height, he'll probably still get it if the thing is 10 or 11 feet up.

Hyozo
2007-11-26, 09:22 PM
Liam

With his pain, the aura around Liam swiftly changes to a more sothing effect. (assuming they haven't all been killed by initiative 9) Liam charges at the squirrels attempting to impale one and shouts "First there are psychic moles, now there are spellcasting squirrels? What's next? Archer porcupines?"

[roll0] +2 if able to charge the squirrels.
[roll1]
Activating Vigor aura.

Mavian
2007-11-26, 10:14 PM
OOC:

No rolls for Felonius?
Essentia: 1 point Dissolving, 1 Point Admant

Muttering under his breath, Felonius spits again at the newest rodent to attempt to attack him. "Well, at least everything seems to be coming in pairs"

Rolls:

Ranged Touch [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Kyeudo
2007-11-26, 11:00 PM
(Sorry about that.)

Felonius
Inititive:[roll0]
Fort Save:[roll1]

Felonius gets to enjoy the dubious honor of taking 1 point of Strength damage along with Zerks and Liam.

Rogue 7
2007-11-27, 12:16 AM
"Blue Blistering Barnacles! If this is the small wildlife, I'd hate to have to deal with the big ones!"
Kardrak lets out a sulphurous curse and

a. Attempts to charge the squirrels.
[roll0](add 2 if charging)
[roll1]

b. If they're out of range, he'll drop his axes, pull out his bow, and attempt to shoot the little buggers.
[roll2]
[roll3]

OOC- yes, I will be emulating Captain Haddock's form of swearing for this game. Sailor motif, you see.

Methalor
2007-11-27, 12:50 AM
9 points of damage?! I'm at -4 and falling....

As the cold overwhelmed him, Vathral crumpled to the ground, stunned. He could feel his consciousness slowly slipping away as he felt his heart slow from the mindnumbing chill. He could not squeak out a plea for help, only grunt as his knees involuntarily bent and he was sent, crashing, to the ground. Darkness set in, and he knew no more of what transpired.

playswithfire
2007-11-27, 08:13 AM
Kleitos

Doing his best to shrug off the cold, Kleitos readies his crossbow and fires at the closest squirrel.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Kyeudo
2007-11-27, 01:27 PM
Chittering exitedly, the two squirrels break their gaze from you. As you watch, the darkness blanketing the area coalesces with supernatural swiftness into small nodules of blackness, which the squirrels clutch in their small paws. The small creatures scamper up into the branches of the tree.

Hide: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

(I must appologize for using these creatures. Apparently, they were intended to be used as a mass challenge for higher level parties, not as a minor challenge for a low level party. As a consolation prize, 50 xp to everyone.)

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-27, 02:49 PM
Zerkz

Blazes! This forest is a death trap! Goblins are obviously the least of these people's worries.

Zerkz makes an attempt to spot the squirrels or anything else that might attack.

[roll0]

When he doesn't see anything and everybody has benefited from Liam's vigor aura:

That's fine. I still feel strong enough to fight off some pipsqueak goblins, unless the rest of you are too hurt to go on.

Hyozo
2007-11-27, 05:25 PM
Liam

"I'm not as well as I could be, but I've been worse. It was certainly humiliating to be harmed so badly by a squirrel, but It'll probably be worth it to be able to tell tte council that the rodents are the most dangerous thing on this rock." States Liam, who begins to grin at the end. He checks to see if the rest of the group has recovered as much as they can before continuing. "We've been walking through this forrest for hours and the only things we've seen are hostile vermin. Let's continue on toward our destination before those rodents come back."

Kyeudo
2007-11-27, 08:38 PM
After more travel, the forest becomes less oppressive, especialy after you move out of the hills. The sun is begining to dip beneath the rim of the planet as you finaly come to where the map says the cave entrance should be.

In the middle of a clearing in the trees lies a large sinkhole. Looking like nothing so much as a large hole in the ground, it decends about 10 feet before meeting stone. A large crack, wide enough that a medium sized creature could squeeze down with some difficulty, decends even further into the earth.

Rogue 7
2007-11-27, 09:14 PM
Kardrak

"Shall we set up camp and get a night's sleep before we head down and start attacking gobbos?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-27, 09:23 PM
Zerkz

I see they were using the term entrance loosely. The hulking warrior makes a deferential nod to Liam. What'dya say boss?

Hyozo
2007-11-27, 10:04 PM
Liam

"We traveled very far today and those squirrels caused some suffering for all of us. I think a night of rest before the confrontation will be appropriate, though I would not suggest setting up camp directly outside the cave inhabited by the likely murderors." Liam states, smiling at Zerkz's nod.

Mavian
2007-11-27, 10:22 PM
Wandering over towards the hole, Felonius is going to run his eyes over the stone, searching too see if it appears to have been worked, or if there are any potential traps.

Search Check: [roll0] +2 wis, +2 Stonecunning
If Possible, I'll take 20, which equals a 24.

Kyeudo
2007-11-27, 10:54 PM
The stone apears to be mostly unworked. Evidence of footholds chipped into the rock can be seen, as well as the wear of years of creatures using the entrance.

Mavian
2007-11-27, 11:03 PM
"Yep this is definitely an entrance to somethin, see how the occupants have chipped out grooves here and here" He points to them with the head of his morningstar. "Doesn't seem to be trapped though, which is a point in our favor."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-28, 04:23 PM
Zerkz

So let's put a little distance between us and this hole. I'll take first watch.

Kyeudo
2007-11-30, 03:25 PM
You find a spot to settle down for the night not too far from the entrance. You set up watches, but the night passes rather uneventfully. The sun rises, and you feel refreshed, although still sore from the attack of those black squirrels yesterday.

Hyozo
2007-12-01, 09:55 PM
Liam

"Okay, is everybody ready to do what we're being paid for? Who knows, if the goblins are responsible, perhaps this expedition will also serve to explain how one can travel through that forest without attacks from magical vermin." Laughing slightly, he mentally prepares himself for the coming conflict, and waits patiently for anyone who may need an extra hour for preparations.

Rogue 7
2007-12-01, 10:47 PM
"Shall we decide on the order in which we march into the abyss? I would personally nominate the Giant to lead, but if you have any objections, Zerkz, it's not a problem. I'll personally take the rear."

Kardrak will also take 20 to gain psionic focus.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-01, 10:52 PM
Zerkz

I wouldn't have it any other way.

The mighty warrior grins and hefts his massive sword.

Methalor
2007-12-02, 12:10 AM
"As the experience with those squirrels taught me, my body is not near as resilient as I might have hoped. My powers work best removed from the front line, so I would suggest I be closer to the rear."

playswithfire
2007-12-02, 08:50 AM
Kleitos
I'll follow behind Zerkz, if that's acceptable, and do my best to spot trouble before it can surprise us

Mavian
2007-12-03, 11:39 AM
Soulmelds and Essentia
Dissolving Spittle: 0
Theft Gloves: 0
Azure Toughness: 1
1 Free

"I'm fine in the middle, but if you think there is the possibility of a trap or such, let me get a look at it first."

Hyozo
2007-12-03, 04:01 PM
Liam

"I guess that places me in the middle as well, which suits me and my talents perfectly. If we've decided on our order, then lets go. Also, when we meet the goblins, remember that we are niether paid by the head nor sure that they're responsible, at least give them a chance to talk." Liam gathers his possessions and, with his armor donned and a spear in his hands, prepares to enter the caves.

Rogue 7
2007-12-03, 04:14 PM
"Got it. So, that's Zerkz, Kleitos, Felonius, Liam, Vathral, and Myself?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-03, 04:49 PM
Zerkz

Sounds good to me. Let's do this.

Kyeudo
2007-12-03, 05:38 PM
Your descent into the caverns is uneventful. The hole is large enough that a human or similarly sized creature can squeeze through, though with difficulty. As you are in no rush, you manage it eventualy. Watching Zerkz get through the hole might have been comical, if the task ahead of you wasn't so grim.

Once inside, the lack of natural light becomes aparent. Those of you with darkvision can see that the tunnel is clearly natural, but the floor is worn by the passing of countless feet. For those without, you can see nothing but the tunnel overhead.

Rogue 7
2007-12-03, 06:10 PM
"Anyone else got a torch?"

Kardrak will pull one out and light it with a bit of flint and steel.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-03, 11:14 PM
Zerkz lights a torch as well and passes it backwards, favoring his great sword over the brand.

Mavian
2007-12-03, 11:21 PM
A torch is a good way for us to get spotted in advance, and walk into an ambush. So be careful of how much of that light you let show.

Hyozo
2007-12-04, 08:08 AM
Liam

"I have a few sunrods, but I don't think that will be necessary if we have two torches lit. Felonius, while you are right, a torch is fairly revealing, I doubt we could get far without alerting the goblins to our presence anyway. It might be best not to sneak at all."

Kyeudo
2007-12-04, 12:56 PM
It is noticably cooler inside the cave than in the forest below, even in the cool of morning. The flickering torchlight throws strange shadows across the walls, making the walls seem to shift and ripple. The tunnel is fairly straight and slopes gradualy downward, heading to the east as far as you can see. The cieling is low, so the taller people amoung the group must stoop slightly to remain upright. Zerkz has to bend his head almost to his chest.

You begin your descent, moving cautiously into the depths of the cave.

OOC:(Do any of you have weapons drawn? I also need Search and Listen checks from Zerks and Kleitos.)

Rogue 7
2007-12-04, 01:04 PM
OOC- Kardrak'll have his axe in one hand, torch in the other.

Mavian
2007-12-04, 02:15 PM
Felonius has his axe in one hand, and his shield in the other

Hyozo
2007-12-04, 03:02 PM
Liam gathers his possessions and, with his armor donned and a spear in his hands, prepares to enter the caves.

In other words, yes.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-04, 07:06 PM
Zerkz is wielding his greatsword.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-04, 07:08 PM
Spot Check:

[roll0]

Methalor
2007-12-04, 07:46 PM
OOC - Vathral would have his crossbow drawn.

playswithfire
2007-12-04, 08:52 PM
Kleitos

Crossbow at the ready, Kleitos looks around the area.

Search [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Kyeudo
2007-12-04, 09:23 PM
Kleitos stops Zerkz just before he would step trough a simple tripline, hidden in the poor light of the tunnel. Dangling from one side of the thin cord, near the stone wall, is several slender crystal chimes. If someone stepped upon the line, the chimes would ring, sending a clear tone echoing down the tunnel and alerting any guards that may be nearby.

Kleitos's keen ears pick up the faint sounds of several creatures conversing. What they are saying is impossible to make out, but it sounds like some dialect of the goblin tongue.

OOC:(BTW, what languages does Kleitos speak? You don't have them listed on your character sheet.)

playswithfire
2007-12-04, 09:58 PM
OOC: Totally forgot about languages. I usually pick Elvish, Dwarven and Orcish in that order to have a chance at understanding other party members, so I guess the other two would be Elvish and Dwarven, though I doubt it'll be helpful here.

Kyeudo
2007-12-04, 10:00 PM
OOC:(That's fine. I wouldn't have faulted you even if you had said Goblin.)

Mavian
2007-12-04, 11:09 PM
"Let me see that wire, I may be able to disarm it without setting it off, but be ready just in case."

Pouring a piece of his soul into his gloves, Felonius is going to attempt to disable the trip wire.

Disable Device: [roll0]

Kyeudo
2007-12-04, 11:11 PM
With the simple ease of carefuly grabbing the chimes and cutting them from the line, the crude alarm is disarmed.

Rogue 7
2007-12-04, 11:20 PM
"Maybe we should have just stepped over that instead of disabling it? If anyone passes, they'll be more likely to notice a disabled trap."

Mavian
2007-12-04, 11:23 PM
"True, but why risk someone stumbling and setting it off, besides, if the notice it, that means they're behind us, and that probably mean we're in trouble anyway."

Rogue 7
2007-12-04, 11:30 PM
"Fair enough. Though, if they're behind us and they see the alarm broken, they'll DEFINITELY know something's up. Ah well, can't be helped, I suppose. Shall we continue?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-05, 12:08 AM
Zerkz

My clumsy arse may have stepped on the wire anyway, so it's just as well Felonius disarmed it. Let's go.

Zerkz continues down the corridor.

Kyeudo
2007-12-08, 01:40 PM
As you continue down the corridor, the sound of goblin voices becomes audible to all. From the sound of things, there are two of them, and they are somewhat bored, jabbering to one another idlely.

(Goblin)
"What you think? Think we see any humans?"

"I dunno. Me hope not."

"You seen Bob?"

"He been gone two weeks. Maybe got lost in forest."

The sound comes from around a bend in the tunnel, and does not sound far off.

OOC: Seems several of you haven't picked languages yet. You should do that. :smallwink:

Mavian
2007-12-10, 10:02 AM
"Well, we managed to find the goblins, and appearantly they're hoping they don't see us. And one of them has been missing for 2 weeks aswell, any thoughts."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-10, 12:37 PM
...Fight them?

playswithfire
2007-12-10, 01:06 PM
Kleitos
I'd offer to try and talk to them, but I don't speak the language. If we do fight them, though, I recommend trying to take at least one of them alive since at least one of us does understand them and we may get some useful information out of them.

Rogue 7
2007-12-10, 01:14 PM
Kardrak
"I'd say we have Felonius talk to them first. We might have some luck passing ourselves off as a negotiation team, and if not, My axe would enjoy the taste of goblin blood."

Kyeudo
2007-12-11, 01:45 PM
(Goblin)

"Me no think Bob got lost in woods. Bob probably got drunk, fall in hole."

"Maybe humans get Bob?"

"Maybe. Me feel sorry for Bob if that happen."

Mavian
2007-12-11, 03:30 PM
"Hmm, appearently goblins have been going missing aswell. Maybe it was the rodents in the forest. Get ready either way, I'll yell some questions at them but they may still attack"

Nodding to the rest of the team, Felonius spits and then steps to the front of the group, keeping behind the wall out of view.

Goblin

Hey, Scumsuckers. You been attacking humans in the forest?

Kyeudo
2007-12-11, 05:09 PM
(Goblin)

"Humans! Sound the alarm!"

"Filthy Humans! You go 'way"

Crystaline chimes begin to ring down the corridor, followed by more chimes further away.

Rogue 7
2007-12-11, 05:26 PM
"Joy..."

How wide's the tunnel at this point?

Hyozo
2007-12-11, 07:53 PM
Liam

"Problems Felonius? Do they not like your accent?" inquires Liam in a less than serious tone as he prepares for combat, shedding an aura which toughens the skins of his allys. "They know we're here. Let's get to them before their allies do."

Mavian
2007-12-11, 08:18 PM
"All I did was ask them if they knew anything about the disappearances. Stupid Goblins"

Felonius makes sure his morningstar is in hand before shouting in goblin,

Stupid Mushbrain, all we wanted to do was talk.

Kyeudo
2007-12-11, 08:37 PM
(Goblin)

"You go 'way, Humans!"

"Me no want to talk with evil humans!"

The tunnel is rougly 5 feet wide where you are. you have no clue about the conditions around the corner.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-11, 11:30 PM
Zerkz

They had their chance. Now, let them come.

Hyozo
2007-12-17, 04:09 PM
Liam

Liam waits a few moments, then acknowledges "I don't think they're coming, and that's probably a good thing consissering how this passage isn't very wide. Would you mind moving again Zerkz?"

Mavian
2007-12-21, 01:20 PM
Felonius:

Felonius turns and hells down the hallway again.
(Goblin)

We have cake for anyone who will come talk to us....

Before turning back to his companions,

"Maybe that'll get'em"