PDA

View Full Version : Temple of the gods rule check

KCWONDER99
2021-03-13, 07:10 PM
I was recently trying to come up with a spell-based smuggler character for my game (I'm thinking divine soul sorcerer). I was trying to think of interesting methods of smuggling and I prefer to match existing spells to accomplish my goals rather than create new ones.

While logically they could pass borders with teleport or teleport circle, I wanted someone who could make their own ship and run it. From checking into this I was wondering if they could use the temple of the gods spell to fashion a ship on a beach then move it into the water to sail for 24 hours.notably you get to chose the appearance of the temple, allowing for masts, sails and a rudder from my reading.

From my reading I think it should be possible but I'm happy to be corrected if I am missing some basic premise. I was thinking of having them renew the spell during the 24 hours to keep afloat after a rest if they are still on the ocean but I know that's against the 'on ground' that the first line mentions and I'm not married to it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2021-03-13, 07:26 PM
I would totally allow that, provided you worship a god of the sea. But 24 hours isn't anywhere near long enough to get anywhere. I'd opt to cast it every day for a year to make a permanent ship instead.

Wizard_Lizard
2021-03-14, 05:46 PM
That's.. an epic idea... I'd allow it.

Lunali
2021-03-14, 05:52 PM
I think I would allow a slightly less strict reading of the spell so they could create a ship at sea, specifically in the area around their ship just before they have to pass through a checkpoint of some kind.

KCWONDER99
2021-03-14, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'm happy it seems to work RAW