PDA

View Full Version : Crafter Concept Character

carrdrivesyou
2021-03-14, 11:27 AM
I had a thought about how to make a travelling crafter. I ended up with Genie Lock 1, Forge Cleric 2, and Armorer Artificer 5.

The idea is to outfit the genie bottle with a proper forge and other crafting tables, then using them while on the road. I was thinking elf for race, for the trance effect to make the best use of time.

Thoughts?

Unoriginal
2021-03-14, 06:50 PM
I had a thought about how to make a travelling crafter. I ended up with Genie Lock 1, Forge Cleric 2, and Armorer Artificer 5.

The idea is to outfit the genie bottle with a proper forge and other crafting tables, then using them while on the road. I was thinking elf for race, for the trance effect to make the best use of time.

Thoughts?

What do you mean by "proper forge" in that context?

carrdrivesyou
2021-03-15, 08:25 AM
Proper forge meaning a kiln, anvil, cooling station, oil quench, furnace, etc.

ProsecutorGodot
2021-03-15, 08:49 AM
Proper forge meaning a kiln, anvil, cooling station, oil quench, furnace, etc.

Of your DM is on board you won't have issue, just be aware that as a default the only permanent fixtures in your vessel are low tables and cushions. You could technically bring a forge in by carrying it piece by piece, even easier if you reduce the objects before hand somehow.

whateew
2021-03-15, 10:59 AM
Maybe you don't need a whole forge? Take Smith tools and a class that can cast heat metal, you can be a fireless smithy who does it mainly with transmutation magic.

Alternatively, take the battle smith and flavour your steel defender as a quadrupedal walking forge - it can attack, but its animated by a living forge inside, and in down time you can open it up for a small little forge. This is a big ask tho, so DM dependant

HPisBS
2021-03-15, 11:56 AM
Of your DM is on board you won't have issue, just be aware that as a default the only permanent fixtures in your vessel are low tables and cushions. You could technically bring a forge in by carrying it piece by piece, even easier if you reduce the objects before hand somehow.

That's simpler than you may think. Just infuse a Bag of Holding, put the forge in there, and take it back out once inside the vessel. That way, you'd be limited to <500 lbs of stuff at a time, and (presumably) pieces that you can fit the 2 ft diameter mouth around.

Combine that with Enlarge/Reduce and you should be able to do it all at once, no problem.

Unoriginal
2021-03-15, 12:01 PM
How does your DM rule the question of air in your vessel?