PDA

View Full Version : Bitten by wererat while wearing hellhound cloak

Drizztguen
2021-03-14, 10:49 PM
During one of my recent sessions one of my PCs was bitten by a wererat and got infected with lycanthropy. The PC was also wearing a Hellhound cloak at the time and was in hellhound form.

During that same session they also failed their Charisma check on the cloak and got stuck in Hell Hound form for a period of time. The other PCs were able to cast remove curse on him and he transformed back into a teifling.

The PC succumbed to lycanthropy later that night, but within a few hours the other PCs cast greater restoration which removed the lycanthropy curse.

As a result of having both curses simultaneously I allowed the PC to keep the 15 dexterity increase from the wererat infection for 24 hours. I’m thinking about adding something else, too, but I’m not sure what.

I’m wondering if anyone has a suggestion: I would think it’s rare to be bitten while transformed into another form. And the PC is a tiefling...

Lunali
2021-03-14, 11:12 PM
Probably won't change what you want to do in the future, but the remove curse should have removed both curses.

As for the future, it might be fun to change the curse on the cloak to make the 6hrs cumulative, eventually turning them into a werehellhound.

DwarfFighter
2021-03-15, 02:47 AM
Ah, memories. My character got bit by a were-rat and as the full moon approached he felt compelled to seek out cheeses, and traps!

-DF

Drizztguen
2021-03-15, 06:11 AM
Probably won't change what you want to do in the future, but the remove curse should have removed both curses.

Oops! Thank you for pointing that out, I missed that little, three letter word “all” in the spell description.