PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 3.5e Dragonlance- Mink- The great taunter (some homebrew) Ro/Ra/Ass

Bobur
2021-03-15, 04:14 AM
Hi everyone, I wanted to share a build that I am currently playing and wanted to
a) just share it with you
b) get some feedback
c) ideas for Lv6 + feats

Core/Dragonlance setting

MINKhttps://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1346042983523737607/e1tzvgwd_400x400.jpg

I am playing a Chaotic/Good Kender (halfling) that is all about getting into places, gathering information, organizing stuff, and finding people. He is also exceptionally good at taunting enemies.
He was also trained in magic, which comes back in some UMD boni and the assassin spells.
Special: Kender weapon: Schitak - A Shortbow with a short sword attached + a buckler.

8STR, 18Dex, 14Con, 14Int, 8Wis, 14Cha (32 Point buy)
(+1Dex on Lv4)

Build:
Rogue1/Urban Ranger2/ Rogue2 / Assassin X...
I am about to reach Lv4 soon.

Feats:
Impr. Taunt: (Kender taunt as a sup. mind ef. ability, that is language dep. Works once / EC on each enemy. Bluff vs sense motive or -2AC/ATK, they get +4 racial bonus on the bluff check)
The enemy must see and hear you.
W finesse: So that we can use that blade
Multishot From the 2nd Ranger Lv - to skip Point blank shot - I hope to get Precise shot as an enchantment on the bow. - Impr precise shot on some Lv beyond 11 would be nice but I dont think we even reach that Lv.
Lv6: ... Not sure yet. Impr Ini is always great. Heroic-surge from Dragonlance (1 extra attack or move action /day for each 4Lvs you have) ... SKill focus UMD, Lucky (+1 to all saves)? Maybe my DM would allow a +1d6 Sneak attack in return for a feat. I am hoping for some ideas from you. Leadership? We have a tower, I have some CHA... not really the leader type though - and we try to avoid additional characters in combat.

Homebrew changes:
Urban Ranger:
Favored enemy: Arcane spellcasters (because my character was enslaved by an evil wizard (and trained))
Wild empathy > Crowd walking (move through crowds with ease, +4 tumble when moving through an enemy square)
Assassin: No evil req, no ass guild, etc. +2 Skill points, slightly modified spell list
Death attack > Distracting taunt Once per encounter, you can taunt a spellcaster within 30ft. As an AOO or readied action you make a taunt-check. The Spellcaster has to make a concentration check against 10+Taunt+Spell Lv or lose the spell.
Poison use> Street smart: +2Gather info/bluff
Poison resistance> Taunt improvements: As a move action, no language needed but INT4, higher debuff.... and a UMD bonus +1 on LV2,+2 on 5,+3 on 8.

Taunting is a lot of fun to roleplay. ^^ And I enjoy this nimble highly skilled little guy so far. Doesn't do a lot of dmg though since my 2nd SA die is delayed until Lv5. ^^° And with low STR and small weapons...

Open for feedback, c&C, and ideas for Lv6/9 feats.