PDA

View Full Version : Can wizards copy a cleric spell scroll?

Sandeman
2021-03-15, 05:26 AM
I am playing a wizard. Another player is playing a Cleric. Can he create a scroll of Remove Curse?
Can I copy it to my wizard spellbook?

Unoriginal
2021-03-15, 05:37 AM
I am playing a wizard. Another player is playing a Cleric. Can he create a scroll of Remove Curse?

He can scribe a scroll, but you can only copy spells in your spellbooks if they're on your Wizard spell list.

diplomancer
2021-03-15, 06:08 AM

He can scribe a scroll, but you can only copy spells in your spellbooks if they're on your Wizard spell list.

So, as Remove Curse is a Wizard spell, the answer to OP's question is yes. Once a scroll is created, the creator's class is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the class list(s) to which the spell belongs. You couldn't do it if the cleric had created a scroll of Cure Wounds instead, but a Bard could use it to cast Cure Wounds with it.

If he'd created a scroll of Spirit Guardians, I'm not sure whether a 5th level Oath of the Crown Paladin could attempt to cast it. Are Oath Spells on the spell list before the required level is reached? I believe the RAW answer is no, but as a DM I'd allow it.

Sandeman
2021-03-15, 06:25 AM
That cleared up things.
Thanks!