PDA

View Full Version : Speculation 3rd, 4th, 5th D&D book for 2021

Gyor
2021-03-15, 10:13 AM
My guess for 3rd book is a Forgotten Realms Faerun World Campaign Book to tie in with the Forgotten Realms MtG set.

And the Draconic Subclasses and Feywild Races also indicate that as FR has the most Dragon lore and diversity of Dragons of any D&D setting, and Faerun, the core continent of the Forgotten Realms is literally named after the Feywild (or as older editions called it the Plane of Faerie). No other classic D&D setting has more Feywild ties then the Forgotten Realms. The Forgotten Realm is as close as your going to get to a Ravenloft of the Feywild (except that Ravenloft ties to the Shadowfell are no older then 4e, it used to be in the Ethereal Plane, FRs Feywild/Faerie connections go back to the beginning).

Next up for the 4th book my guess is an Adventure, as has become traditional for September, in the Feywild.

5th guess is Spelljammer or perhaps Planesjammer its distinctive enough from other settings, they have largely perfected the mechanics of it, and it can be used to connect different settings to each other so it has a practical value. It appeals to Grognards, but its easy to pitch to younger fans as a Pirates in Space type setting.

KorvinStarmast
2021-03-15, 01:20 PM
FRs Feywild/Faerie connections go back to the beginning). AD&D 1e?

5th guess is Spelljammer or perhaps Planesjammer its distinctive enough from other settings, they have largely perfected the mechanics of it, and it can be used to connect different settings to each other so it has a practical value. It appeals to Grognards, but its easy to pitch to younger fans as a Pirates in Space type setting. I'd prefer Planescape since it would I think allows a lot of springboards into Higher level Tier 3 and Tier 4 play.

Gyor
2021-03-15, 02:10 PM
AD&D 1e?

Next up for the 4th book my guess is an Adventure, as has become traditional for September, in the Feywild.

I'd prefer Planescape since it would I think allows a lot of springboards into Higher level Tier 3 and Tier 4 play.

Planescape would be an excellent guess as well, its a top tier setting in terms of popularity.

Anyways I just ran across the Dungeoncraft video where he mentions Krynn getting a revamped setting book, but I can't find anyone who also covered the event to corroborating this. He gives nothing to back this up and I suspect he may have misunderstood a reference to the Dragonlance Novels. Still its a possiblity it could be true.

https://youtu.be/UgwhRVIFcyA

verbatim
2021-04-23, 10:36 PM
Planescape would be an excellent guess as well, its a top tier setting in terms of popularity.

Anyways I just ran across the Dungeoncraft video where he mentions Krynn getting a revamped setting book, but I can't find anyone who also covered the event to corroborating this. He gives nothing to back this up and I suspect he may have misunderstood a reference to the Dragonlance Novels. Still its a possiblity it could be true.

https://youtu.be/UgwhRVIFcyA

I suspect that they were going to have a dragon themed Krynn book and then changed it to a dragon themed Faerun book after the lawsuit.

Rukelnikov
2021-04-23, 10:41 PM
Planescape would be awesome, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Spelljammer would be pretty cool too.