PDA

View Full Version : Dual Spell Progression Prestiges

arkol
2007-11-09, 06:30 PM
Ok you all know the Mysthic Thurge. Before everyone jumps in telling me MT is bad allow me to say that is not my question.....

Right, so what I wanna know is if there's other classes like it? I know two other, the Arcane Hierophant and the Ultimate Magus (UM works in a slightly different way but it's the same concept). Is there any other?

cupkeyk
2007-11-09, 06:34 PM
True Necromancer(HoH) Fochluchian Lyrist (Adv)

Kurald Galain
2007-11-09, 06:36 PM
Yes. Eldritch Disciple, and Eldritch Theurge (cleric/warlock, and wizard/warlock, respectively).

UM is actually quite good. Not top tier, mind you, but good.

arkol
2007-11-09, 06:37 PM
Could you mention the sources of those prestiges. Having the books it's not the same as knowing all that there is inside them. Thanks :smallsmile:

I know UM is good. I'm actually playng one now. One could even say that, being less broken then a normal Wiz/Cleric/Druid it's actually a better class.

Fax Celestis
2007-11-09, 06:37 PM
Sapphire Hierarch (MoI), Soulcaster (MoI), Anima Magus (ToM), Tenebrous Apostate (ToM), Noctumancer (ToM), Cerebremancer (XPH), Ruby Knight Vindicator (ToB), Jade Phoenix Mage (ToB).

arkol
2007-11-09, 06:40 PM
Wow... those are a lot more then I thought....

Temp
2007-11-09, 06:41 PM
Psychic Theurge (XPH) still hasn't been mentioned.

..And that Faerun Drow thing.

Starts with a "Y"

AmberVael
2007-11-09, 06:43 PM
Psychic theurge can also be found here. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040925b)

arkol
2007-11-09, 06:43 PM
@ fax: Ruby Knight Vindicator only advances in a divine class.... and the Jade Phoenix Mage only in an arcane class..... although both advance as martial classes I wouldn't count that as "Dual Spell Progression Prestiges"

Reinboom
2007-11-09, 06:46 PM
This is a decent resource for dual progression:
http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-650186

Also, for finding prestige classes and anything else:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/tools

Temp
2007-11-09, 06:47 PM
@ fax: Ruby Knight Vindicator only advances in a divine class.... and the Jade Phoenix Mage only in an arcane class..... although both advance as martial classes I wouldn't count that as "Dual Spell Progression Prestiges" Most of these have already broken that rule with Incarnum, Binding Shadow Magic, Psionics, Invocations...

arkol
2007-11-09, 06:48 PM
I can only check a few at a time. I'm gonna check them all don't worry.

But before more people make more sugestion, what I'm looking for is stuff more akin to M.Thurge.

cupkeyk
2007-11-09, 07:01 PM
The Drow thing is Ythranshee. I think it's in BoVD or Heroes of Horror or champions of Ruin. LOLz, sorry I didn't exactly narrow that down. i sorta hate elves so I never actually play them and just skip over pages that involve them.

Kurobara
2007-11-09, 09:53 PM
It's from Dragon magazine (issue 311), so a lot of DMs probably wouldn't allow it (nothing particularly broken about it though), but there's Green Whisperer for Bard/Druid. Only 5 levels too, so if you ever had a reason to combine the two with another dual-caster PrC it can fill in the last few levels. I think I've actually seen an Arcane Hierophant build with it around here, was what made me look it up in the first place...