PDA

View Full Version : Revised Magic System for Homebrew Game: Spell Points and Vancian Combined

Destro2119
2021-03-17, 10:08 AM
So some context: my game world is set in the aftermath of a major Elsimoran revolution (That Guy Destroys Psionics) where Psions were purged or assimilated. This resulted in the magic system of the world being altered to be a bit more like Psionics, as the Elsimoran agents incorporated psionics based arcane methods to destroy the Psions. I plan to use this system as the standard for my campaign where the PCs are all agents of this organization. Here it is below:

Casters* use spell slots, but they have a separate pool of spell points equal to casting stat modifier + CL. They expend spell points to bolster the spells using metamagic feats, expending a number of spell points equal to the spell LA of the feat. More importantly, they can expend a number of spell points equal to spell level (?) to replace a spell with a different one in their spell book of the same level. At a certain level, they can expend spell points to recover a spell of their choice from their spellbook a la this feat: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-p...a-spell-slots/. Spells also still scale automatically by CL (so as to not nerf blasters).

How about it? Please leave reviews!

PS: We are utilizing the Legendary Games version of the Wizard, Cleric, and Bard, FYI.