25pt. buy
1st level gestalt
1 feat per level
background skills
feat tax rules
average starting wealth
max wounds/vigor
wounds and vigor rules

Under the following rules, I'm thinking about going Paladin//Sorcerer, or Paladin//Oracle. That being said, I'm all ears to other cool builds.

One thing to note, is that the DM wants it to have a classic feel. So while I know there are some really cool, wild and out-there builds, any suggestions should aim for a more classic D&D feel.

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Firebug
2021-03-17, 03:34 PM
Take the Hospitaler archetype on the Paladin side for an extra channel pool. Take 2 levels of Ninja or Teisatsu Vigilante (if Ninja bothers you) for Ki Pool.
Go with Spirit Guide Oracle and take Lore as your mystery for Sidestep Secret, and take Dark Tapestry or Wind as your spirit guide for a hour/level buff to Armor that gets better as you level.
Serve Irori with Ki Channel, get some Tea of Transference and pretend to be a better monk then a monk and a better healer than a cleric. Extra Lay on Hands, Ultimate Mercy and start raising dead all day long at level 5 (well, until you run out of temporary negative levels to take).

Bonus points if you RP as simply a 'Cleric of Irori' who happens to drink a lot of tea.

JNAProductions
2021-03-17, 03:41 PM
Okay. I'm looking over the classes, and leaning towards Paladin//Oracle.

I also want to focus more on casting than on fighting-are there good Paladin archetypes to support that?

I'd also rather not multiclass-two classes is enough for me.

Firebug
2021-03-17, 03:48 PM
The 2 level dip out to Ninja/etc was simply for Ki Pool to make Ki Channel function. You can drop all that(Irori, tea of transference) if you want, its just lets you spend gold (on the tea) to get back spells, smite evil, channels, lay on hands... basically everything important.

So, are you going to want to heal? Typically, Paladin|Oracle of some sort is mostly about taking damage off your friends(to yourself) and healing yourself more efficiently (fey foundling, swift action heals with LoH).

If you just want to be a caster, Paladin doesn't really add much except for Cha to saves and some other defenses.

You said you want more of a classic feel, what role/concept are you going for other than Oradin?

Maat Mons
2021-03-17, 04:54 PM
Maybe consider Eldritch Scrapper (if you go Sorcerer) or Warsighted (if you go Oracle). Either way, you can give yourself extra combat feats on the fly.

Definitely play as a human. Whether you go Oracle or Sorcerer, humans have the best favored class benefit.

Does Pathfinder Paladin offer much at mid- to high-levels? I'm not overly familiar with it.

If you're looking to focus more on casting, I do with Sorcerer over Oracle. Sorcerer just has a better spell list for direct offensive use of magic. The Oracle spell list has better buffs. But if you're not looking to use your magic to buff yourself and wade into melee, that's not much of a selling point.

I think the Enlightened Paladin archetype might be a fun combination with Sorcerer. It gives you Charisma to AC, sort of. I guess you could pair it with Oracle instead, but Oracle doesn't have any problem with wearing armor.