PDA

View Full Version : Whats next for this Sorc build?

jaappleton
2021-03-20, 04:08 PM
I went Clockwork Soul.

I rolled stellar stats. 18, 17, 17, 17, 13, 11. (Seriously).

8th level.

Lv4 I went with Metamagic Adept.
Lv8 was Warcaster.

Metamagics are Twinned, Quickened, Subtle and Extended.

Half Elf, with +1 in Dex and +1 Con to bring my stats total to 20 Cha, 18 Con, 18 Dex, 17 Wis, 13 Int & 11 Str.

Mage Armor for 17 AC.

Three magic items. I was allowed to start with one Uncommon and one Rare for when the character joined the party, and I recently acquired a second Rare.

Shadowfell Shard (Rare)
Wand of Paralysis (Rare)
Bloodwell Vial +1 (Uncommon)

All my spells are pretty much about rendering enemies useless. Mind Whip, Slow, Counterspell, Banishment, etc.

I noticed that Shadowfell Shard is exceptionally broken in ways I hadn’t realized before.

It works when you use a Metamagic option on a spell and target the enemy with it. TARGET. It doesn’t even matter if the spell successfully hits the enemy. And the Disadvantage you impose? It’s against everything, not just your spells.

So my current showstopper is Quicken Mind Sliver and then Wand of Paralysis. Paladin and Rogue are going to adore that one.

Problem is, all three of these items take up my Attunement.

So what Feat should I go for at 12th level? So far I’m leaning Lucky or Resilient: Wisdom.

Any recommendations on my next Magic item to keep on my wish list?

borg286
2021-03-21, 09:53 AM
Check out my aberrant mind build. It has a magic item section that should give you some good options. My preference for attunement-less is broom of flying.
For feats consider alert so you go before the rogue.