PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Racial variants from Dragon #320

Elves
2021-03-21, 08:26 PM
This thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?527093-Hammerdin-of-Moradin-a-guide-to-epic-hammer-throwing) put me onto some great racial options from Dragon Mag that I haven't seen widely mentioned. All of these keep the racial stat modifiers intact.

Source: Dragon #320, p 84-88

Exiled Dwarves: The standout, trading minor racial traits for the human bonus feat. Better than humans for many chars.
Declining Elves: Trade elf racial abilities for two free Weapon Focus feats. Goes well with Weapon Aptitude and those Lightning Mace type feats.
Techno Gnome: Trade SLAs for Alertness, could be ok for a prereq.
Unsheltered Halflings: Trade save bonus for free Dodge feat and one of the +save feats. Would beat strongheart if you need those as prereqs.
Complacent Human: Trade bonus feat for +2 to an ability score. (I thought this fluff was funny, copypasting: "Decadent humans are known to train their bodies for sport and beauty, or their minds for intellectual debate, but they no longer care much for the real world applications of their abilities. Thus they tend to be talented, but not particularly accomplished.")

schreier
2021-03-21, 09:18 PM
Is there a question?

Elves
2021-03-21, 10:05 PM
No, it's something people might find useful.