PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "Eternal" Light ability

Falcon X
2021-03-21, 11:30 PM
I'm creating a triune of spell abilities representing Dawn, Dusk, and Eternity.
Dawn does radiant damage and Daylight spell effects.
Dusk is Dawn's negative opposite, channeling Ash. It smite's fire and snuff's fires and lights.

I'm looking for spells or special abilities that could be used for the eternal side? It's connected to a Balenorn Lich if it helps.
Ideas so far:
- A constant, wide-range dull light that illuminates invisible things
- The ability to spare people from death
- An aura that protects against fear
- The Luminous Armor spell from Book of Exalted Deeds

I'd ideally like existing spells, item enchantments, or class abilities that already have precedence in D&D, though I'll take non-existing ideas too.

Particle_Man
2021-03-22, 01:17 PM
So a sort of linked effect of Continual Light, Invisibility Purge, Stabilize, Remove Fear and parts of Luminous Armour? Perhaps all under Permanency?

Jack_Simth
2021-03-22, 01:42 PM
Kissed by the Ages, Dragon 354? Makes someone ageless, provided they remain in contact with a specific magic item selected when the spell is cast.

aglondier
2021-03-22, 05:09 PM
Pathfinder has a spell, Hidden Illumination...

Falcon X
2021-03-22, 11:16 PM
So a sort of linked effect of Continual Light, Invisibility Purge, Stabilize, Remove Fear and parts of Luminous Armour? Perhaps all under Permanency?
Nah. I was listing examples of ideas I had for this effect. I don't intend to have them combined, but rather just want one or two good abilities that fit the theme.

Pathfinder has a spell, Hidden Illumination...
This is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I probably want something more potent, but if I can't find it naturally, I'll use this as part of the seed for a homebrew item.

Kissed by the Ages, Dragon 354? Makes someone ageless, provided they remain in contact with a specific magic item selected when the spell is cast.
Also a really great idea. Thanks!