PDA

View Full Version : The War of the Lions

Gungnir
2007-11-09, 09:24 PM
Anyone get the PSP re-release? I never played the original, and I felt compelled by it's classic-dom to buy it. Then I made Ramza into a Ninja during the first chapter. Dual Wield is really cheap with swords.

Merlin the Tuna
2007-11-10, 03:46 AM
I haven't played it, but I was a big fan of the original release. Any chance you've seen a game script for the PSP version? I'd be interested to see some of the translation changes. Most of the names seem goofier now, but I'm kind of on the fence about some of the stuff like "Surrender or die in obscurity!" versus "Lay down your swords or die clutching them!" There's coolness to be had in each one.

Gungnir
2007-11-10, 09:57 AM
I don't know what the last one sounded like, but I really like the dialogue in this one. They really hit the Olde Englishe thing right on the spot.

Korias
2007-11-10, 10:58 AM
I'm temtped to get a PSP to get this. Huge fan of the original, so I want to try out FFT Portable and with new classes.

Yes, Making Ramza a ninja with Equip Sword in the first chapter is cheap. Very powerful build. I'm really wondering about the new Dark Knight class. Remember Gafgarion? His class. Is it really in the new game?

Gungnir
2007-11-10, 12:11 PM
I'm temtped to get a PSP to get this. Huge fan of the original, so I want to try out FFT Portable and with new classes.

Yes, Making Ramza a ninja with Equip Sword in the first chapter is cheap. Very powerful build. I'm really wondering about the new Dark Knight class. Remember Gafgarion? His class. Is it really in the new game?

Prerequisites are:
Master Knight
Master Black Mage
Level 8 Samurai
Level 8 Dragoon
Level 8 Ninja
Level 8 Geomancer
Crystallize 20 enemies

Korias
2007-11-10, 12:12 PM
Prerequisites are:
Master Knight
Master Black Mage
Level 8 Samurai
Level 8 Dragoon
Level 8 Ninja
Probably Level 8 in Something Else

Wait, WHAT?
You have to master Knight AND Black mage, as well as Level 8 Samurai, Ninja, and Dragoon? That can't be right... No class has that much "OMG YOU NEED TO MASTER IT!" Pre-req. Except for the Mime, but that was an exception.

Tengu
2007-11-10, 12:23 PM
That's because, from what I've seen at gamefaqs, this Dark Knight is even better than Gafgarion - more abilities, both active and passive, and all of them look pretty powerful (attack that deals the more damage the less HP you have? Passive +20% HP bonus? Yes please).

There's also Onion Knight - requires 6 levels in Chemist and Squire, has a strong attack power and no abilities, can equip all armor and weapons and is the only one who can use very powerful Onion equipment.

Vulion
2007-11-10, 12:26 PM
I am a ginormous fan of the original (played through it all the way through, five times) and I would seriously by a PSP just to play the game.

Anybody know if the script for the game is out, cause I want to see how they translated it this time.

Also, I hear Mustadio has a crush on Agrias in this version.

Gungnir
2007-11-10, 01:11 PM
Also, I hear Mustadio has a crush on Agrias in this version.

Apparently, if you go to a certain place at a certain time, you'll get a cutscene where Colonel Mustard gives Agrias lipstick, which is supposed to be a good accessory for the ladies.

Ziggy's_Roady
2007-11-10, 01:29 PM
Plus, Balthier (SP?) from 12 is gunna be a playable character...

*Scrubs Daydreams*

Cloud, Ramza and Balthier.....

ZOMG!! I'm going to K-mart ASAP...and when I get $40...

Vulion
2007-11-10, 02:04 PM
I remember my first playthrough, I killed Altima by throwing a rock. Heh heh, good times.

Jibar
2007-11-10, 02:24 PM
Hmmm...
The original has been something I've always been interested in, but could never find anywhere.
I am however incredibly reluctant to go get a PSP, as even with Daxter and this, it just does not have the market to interest me.
Huh... should I one day accidentally come into posession of said PSP though, I'll have to pick this up.

Triaxx
2007-11-10, 08:25 PM
I don't know, combined with D&D Tactics, I might get a PSP for those three, and the PSP Harvest Moon.

Gungnir
2007-11-10, 11:21 PM
I don't know, combined with D&D Tactics, I might get a PSP for those three, and the PSP Harvest Moon.

By the way, is anyone else amazed by how long the Harvest Moon series has lasted? It's like, 40 years old and consists of farming and reading dialogue. Not that I'm knocking it or anything. I'll admit to having the DS one (it was $5!).

Gungnir
2007-11-18, 10:59 AM
Wow. Luso's Shout (+ 1 Speed, Atk and +10 Bravery) + Ramza's Tailwind (+1 Speed) + Haste makes for 6 turns in a row for Luso and 999 damage while he was an unarmed archer.

Setra
2007-11-18, 11:02 AM
<_< >_>

Anyone wanna trade a PSP for a DS?

Gungnir
2007-11-18, 11:52 AM
Is it one of the new red and black ones?

Lord Shplane
2007-11-18, 12:04 PM
Me = Getting this as soon as I sell my PS2.