PDA

View Full Version : Crusher and Attack of Opportunity: 5 feet from starting square or ending square?

Cikomyr2
2021-03-22, 07:38 PM
Let's say you have the feat Crusher and you get an AoO on an enemy who is moving out of your threatening area. If you hit, you get to move them 5 feet in the direction of your choice. Is it starting from the initial position, or the ending position?

Protolisk
2021-03-22, 07:39 PM
I'd say it is from the position they were trying to break free from your reach that you get to decide to push them 5 feet, interrupting their movement.

They'd still get the rest of their movement after that.

Dalinar
2021-03-22, 07:41 PM
PHB says "The attack occurs right before the creature leaves your reach" so I'd say that Crusher would happen starting from the square they were in before they left your reach.

Cikomyr2
2021-03-22, 07:43 PM
PHB says "The attack occurs right before the creature leaves your reach" so I'd say that Crusher would happen starting from the square they were in before they left your reach.

So you could potentially push them in the reach of your allies before they even moved? :smallbiggrin:

whateew
2021-03-22, 08:17 PM
So you could potentially push them in the reach of your allies before they even moved? :smallbiggrin:

It appears so! Being able to pull an enemy diagonally towards you is quite funny, conceptually, but supported RAW. Could this possibly be combined with polearm master? They enter your threatened range like this, and I believe there is no need for that to be willing (unlike normal AoO)

Aett_Thorn
2021-03-22, 08:58 PM
It appears so! Being able to pull an enemy diagonally towards you is quite funny, conceptually, but supported RAW. Could this possibly be combined with polearm master? They enter your threatened range like this, and I believe there is no need for that to be willing (unlike normal AoO)

None of the reach weapons are bludgeoning, but it would work with a Quarterstaff (because of course it does) where you could move them within your reach to maybe somewhere they don’t want to be on their turn if they close with you.