PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Scribe Wizard & Creation Bard?

Citadel97501
2021-03-25, 04:47 AM
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else has looked at using the Performance of Creation with the Scribe's Wizard for making a horrifying ritual caster? It seems to me that you will basically be able to cast any ritual spell for free and at the normal speed of the spell? I am not sure what benefits this would have during play but off hand it seems extremely cheap to make a crap load of Magic Mouth designs from the Arcane Programming thread, which I will link below.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?539861-The-Arcane-Programmer-Guide-(-Official-Rules-Techniq (Arcane Programming)ue-)

ProsecutorGodot
2021-03-25, 07:31 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, awakened spell book (which is the relevant ritual casting feature of the order of scribes) only allows you to increase the ritual speed of a single spell per long rest.

Performance of creation creates a non magical item of a certain value. Could you explain a bit more how this is supposed to interact?

Grod_The_Giant
2021-03-25, 07:38 AM
I'm guessing they want to use Performance of Creation to conjure up a spellbook with the desired ritual? That's the only thing I can think of.

(Which is not to say that I think it works-- I would absolutely rule that spells scribed in spellbooks are too magical to be created like that, AND that you can't create knowledge you didn't already have.)

Willowhelm
2021-03-25, 09:17 AM
I think they’re looking at making the ritual components for free (creation bard) and the speed with the wizard. So cost-free ritual casting at high speed.

ProsecutorGodot
2021-03-25, 09:25 AM
I think they’re looking at making the ritual components for free (creation bard) and the speed with the wizard. So cost-free ritual casting at high speed.

It doesn't seem all that useful to cast magic mouth faster, but for costly consumable components creation seems useful.

It would still only speed up one spell per long rest. Worth noting that it must also be a wizard spell in your spell book, not that it matters for magic mouth since it's on both spell lists.

Personally, if I wanted to make this character, I'd just go for ritual caster Wizard on a straight bard to pick up any ritual spells Bard didn't have.

Citadel97501
2021-03-25, 01:49 PM

Yes, you got the concept and it was pretty late last night so I missed that last sentence limiting it to once per long rest.