PDA

View Full Version : Oh, how I mourn for Lair

13_CBS
2007-11-09, 11:28 PM
Seriously, this game had such great potential. But 'twas ruined by both overhype and frustrating controls (and perhaps more).

But I got to play a demo once, and good lord, I was blown away by the experience once I figured out how to control the stupid dragon. It was...quite majestic to fly over huge expanses of wastelands, listening to the awesome score in the background...

So much potential, so much lost.

:smallfrown:

hanzo66
2007-11-11, 03:30 AM
The Six-Axis from my experience is a pain to work with. Using it as the main control would not be comfortable at all.

Setra
2007-11-11, 04:02 AM
If only Sony had realized that motion control twas not meant for them.

Jibar
2007-11-11, 10:07 AM
If only Sony had realised a lot of things, they'd probably have a popular console now.

Lair was an interesting premise with exceptionally poor execution, like that Incredible Hulk movie that never existed.
Ever.

Oh well, at least the PS3 has got Ratchet and Clank and...
Well... Ratchet and Clank.

:amused:

Khanderas
2007-11-12, 04:35 AM
Lair was an interesting premise with exceptionally poor execution, like that Incredible Hulk movie that never existed.
Ever.
I kinda liked that movie. Hulk MAD, Hulk HEADBUTT stupid annoying plane!
Thats primal. Thats the Hulk. Sure its not the Spiderman trilogy but sometimes a movie is just about a very angry green man.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-17, 03:44 PM
I kinda liked that movie. Hulk MAD, Hulk HEADBUTT stupid annoying plane!
Thats primal. Thats the Hulk. Sure its not the Spiderman trilogy but sometimes a movie is just about a very angry green man.

you didnt hear him there wasent a hulk movie

Lord Shplane
2007-11-17, 03:49 PM
If only Sony had realised a lot of things, they'd probably have a popular console now.

Ever.

Oh well, at least the PS3 has got Ratchet and Clank and...
Well... Ratchet and Clank.

:amused:

Hey, the PS3 has plenty of good games.

Heavenly Sword, Resistance, all the same good cross platform games as the other systems, MGS 4, Killzone 2, Folklore, two different FFXIII games, Uncharted, White Knight Chronicles, and a lot more that I can't remember at the moment.

Just because it doesn't have Halo or Legend of Zelda doesn't mean it doesn't have good games.

Oh, and I might get Lair eventually anyway. It looks like it could be worthwhile once you get used to the controls. Of course, "Eventually" would be years from now when I can get it used for $15.

Demented
2007-11-18, 06:57 PM
Just give me Heavenly Sword for PC, 'kay?
I'll even learn programming and jury-rig a six-axis controller.
Please?

Reduce the Halo trilogy into several hours of HD FMVs.
(And hide the music in an easily-accessible PAK file.)
Do the same thing with Lair.
No, wait, just stick to the cutscenes with Lair. I'll pass on the combat.
That would be great.