View Full Version : Epilogue - Ideas for 20th Level Retired Adventurers

Albert
2021-03-26, 05:50 AM
What are some ideas for 20th level characters who retire once the campaign is over? Would Clerics give up the adventuring life? Fighters lead invasions into the outer planes? Monks pass on their skills to future generations? I'm curious what such legendary figures would do once all is said and done.

Do people have plans for their existing characters once they stop adventuring?

Aliess
2021-03-26, 06:13 AM
Go down swinging. I think "retiring" for a level twenty character is off the books. You're such a powerful force in the area that everyone will want your help or want you gone. Although that could be an interesting campaign in itself come to think of it, trying to live a normal life and staying out of local/global politics.

Alternatively...
Form a new society to eternally keep watch and make sure the threat you just defeated never comes back.
Willingly sacrifice all of your power and go back to being just a normal person.
Travel to a plane or time where nobody knows you and keep your head down.

Waazraath
2021-03-26, 06:26 AM
The masters teaching their skills to the next generation seems an obvious one (whether it is by starting a monestary, wizard school, or fighting academy); or become the high priest of your faith, or arch druid? Rule from the throne you won by trampling all foes under your sandals? Live your life in luxury in a remote location? Ascent to hero-deity status?

MoiMagnus
2021-03-26, 06:33 AM
In the last D&D campaign we finished (non 5e), the "retirement plans" were:

Cleric => Close ally of his god Bahamut, fighting at his side, potentially future god.
Paladin => General of legends, most likely joined his god Egide (protector of civilisation) after his death.
Rogue => Queen of the multi-dimensional empire we build, eventually ended up working for Asmodeus as a ruler of hell
Other Rogue => Became a mysterious shadow protecting the universe by being at the right place at the right time, while being forgotten by all.
Wizard => Archimage at the academy of the empire, eventually retired to the dreamland (a new plane of dreams created at the end of our campaign) as an agent of Sapience (goddess of knowledge).

In our current 5e D&D campaign, the retirement plan is probably going to be "rule the world after having resurrected an overpowered civilisation, and hopefully not accidentally having destroyed the world in the process" (this might include being eventually defeated by a group of heroes or a chosen one, but hopefully this will only occur long after we win and get to enjoy an obscenely wealthy life).

Sandeman
2021-03-26, 07:02 AM
You can let them become NPCs.
If you start a new campaign, the players will love running into or even just hearing rumors of the old charachters.

Rafaelfras
2021-03-26, 07:28 AM
When we made the transition to 5th ed from 3.0 I asked my players to tell me the fate of their characters. We made a 100 years time skip
My wizard disappeared after a mysterious explosion of his tower. He took an fake identity and became the master of my currenct wizard, his descandant.
Our cleric became the high priest of Selune until the day of his death he is now an angel.
Our ranger is still alive and is a high member of the harpers, he, my former wizard and our bard work closely together, his daughter is a master wizard in a wizard school
Or sorceress founded said wizard school and was headmistress until her death
As a worshiper of Kossuth the god of fire she became a Efreet.
Our paladin of Tyr founded a cavalry order that almost disappeared with Tyr absence in 4th ed. She went a faith crisis. She became an angel after her death.
Our bard dragon disciple is a head of the harpers.
Our druid disappeared with the star elves.
Our rogue became a crime boss and now is a cursed ghost guarding it's cursed treasure.

J-H
2021-03-26, 07:48 AM
I did this with my players when Castle Dracula ended. The same characters have moved on into a new campaign, but only after a time-skip, and getting some benefits (skill, potions, etc.).

They decided to found the Belmont Order where Dracula's castle once stood, rebuild the area, attract peasants, set up an organized military force, and train monster-hunters. Some of them also went adventuring.

Pandamonium
2021-03-26, 08:26 AM
I'm giving some views from the player side for what I'm thinking I want to work towards.
That is also what I have done to characters retiring in groups i DM for, I ask what they want to do after retiring.

I have plans for the 3 characters i'm currently playing in different groups:
-Wizard: Will probably try to ascend to god-hood or become an arcane Archeliche.
-Cleric of War: He has decided to fight until he dies on the battle-field against a worthy foe. Will probably die to bad luck way before that.
-Fighter/Kensai: Plans to retire to obscurity after killing the epic lich we are going up against, his sword having fulfilled its purpose. Possibly coming out to teach new heroes.

Thrasher92
2021-03-26, 08:30 AM
The characters in my campaign had established their own kingdom. They all retired working on "Blessings" to build up the people of the kingdom.

The Wizard established a public school system and an outreach program that would effectively teach the "Magic Initiate" Feat to the kingdom's citizens.

The Druid would go around and bless all of the animals and crops, The Plants got Plant Growth and we house ruled an "Animal Growth" ritual that increased the likelihood of an animal to conceive. This increased the amount of food products available, because 20% of the new extra portion would go to the kingdom and passed out to those who need the food. This gave each citizen a +2 to Constitution.

The Monk started a version of "The Olympics". He made like 20 districts and built a massive arena to have people go through cool contests with prizes and fame. This gave the winners a feat based off of what the competition was and they had fun planning out what kind of contests the citizens would be in.

The Cleric focused on a program for elderly care and orphans, sort of combining the two into 1 building and having the elders watch over the young. The young would do chores and the elders would run the house, all would get welfare from the government. I ruled this as a bonus to Wisdom for the citizens.

The Fighter started "The Defenders", basically a SEAL Team 6 kind of unit that would react quickly to any threat to the kingdom, they would reinforce and needed locations, and they would give lectures to the citizens about what monsters are, where to find them, how to deal with them should you find one. The Defenders also installed alarm systems and bells in every village and town. This gave a proficiency in Arcana, only in checks to know information about monsters, and it increased the population growth of the kingdom.

The Bard set up a music program, built a few theaters, and invented the guitar. His efforts gave all of the citizens a prophecy in one instrument, and a bonus to Charisma.

____

Now, they set all of this up and wanted to start a new campaign, with everyone playing citizens from their old country (of course). No, they didn't get to have all of the bonuses, which would have been +2 Con, Magic Initiate, Athlete Feat, +2 Wisdom, Arcana Prof, and +2 Cha, that would be crazy. I explained that the REASON that humans get to have the variant feature of +1 to 2 stats and a feat is because of Heroes like you! Otherwise, they wouldn't get the variant feature.

They were a little disappointed but they understood that starting with +2 to 3 different scores and 2 feats would be rather broken.

Clistenes
2021-03-26, 04:17 PM
Depending of the adventures the characters has lived, they may be the most famous people in the whole world, or they may be anonymous...

I mean, if you went to Barovia, killed Count Strahd von Zarovich and dispelled the mists, nobody outside of Barovia would know what you did, and even if the news leaked out, people would think of you as "the guys who killed some vampire...", and nobody would care enough about it to try to take revenge... you could go home and spend the rest of your life quietly, or you could try to set yourself as the new ruler of Barovia...

If you raise an army of Demons, Devils and Celestials in order to stop Demogorgon and kill him for good... pretty much all the multiverse know you now, and you are very important player in the BIG leagues, no matter if you like it or not... You either become a divine proxy, the demigod king of your own demiplane, or you get a permanent Mind Blank effect, change your face and name and hide in the safest place in the Upper Planes you can achieve (like, move to Goldfire in Solania, or the Fortress of the Sun in Thalasia, or Heliopolis in Buxenus...).

If you are in some middle ground, like you are famous among mortals in your country or continent, then you can either hide and pretend to be a normal person with the aid of powerful magic (or retire to some demiplane or outer plane) or you can become a very important public figure (archmage, high priest, grandmaster of a knightly order...etc.), which means you don't really retire...

What "I" would do? Travel the world, the Planes and other Crystal Spheres; get a Rod of Security so I could rest when I get tired of traveling, and once I find a place I really like, settle there hiding my true power, trying to pass for a low to middle level adventurer so I can protect people against some local threats without becoming too famous...

BloodSnake'sCha
2021-03-26, 05:17 PM
This is what happened to the characters in the last campaign I ran.

The monk open a school to rival his master(he hated his master and wanted to beat him up, he failed when he tried it before at level 17).
His master, happy to see his student progress in life and becoming a fellow master(his master was the worse type of enemy, he was a true optimist) agree to have computation between their students only if they will have shared and cooperative lessons.

He continued with training his students and in his journeys in the asteral plane he did in his meditation he found a race of sentient dolphins by talking with their monks in the asteral plane.

The ranger/fighter/lock tun away from home after his noble father wanted to give him more official role in the family and his older brother gave him half his company.
He went to the followers of Eilistraee to train adventurers that wanted to go to the underdark. A big number of his students where chosen by the moonblade and most of them died while holding it, making it stronger every time they die.

The druid came back to his tribe and restored the forest and later helped the monk getting to dolphin monks(they were so far only an archdruid is able to swim there.

The fey warlock got here body back in the finale encounter. She was a cursed unicorn (fey, not celestial) and she joined her parents in the forest, restoring it by just being there. She trained manticores.

To know what happened to them I asked the players in the end what their character will do now and described what happened based on what they did from level 1-20. They got the good ending.

Rukelnikov
2021-03-26, 07:47 PM
The only character I have that ever really retired did it after being semi-abducted by Lolth and sent to a different sphere (spelljammer spheres). Regaining his rightful kingdom was his motivation for at least half of his adventuring days, and he was abducted after having ruled for almost 2 decades (moon elf btw).

After he and the other pc (the queen) finally made it back to faerun (which took about 100 in game years), they didn't make their return known save for a couple of their most trusted friends and his most trusted advisor (now governing a small province in the north of the kingdom). They went back to see how the kingdom changed. His descendants were fighting among themselves alla GoT after the ruling king (his firstborn) was assassinated, so after learning how the assassination went, and speaking to his son who didn't want to come back to life, decided this was not his kingdom anymore, and that crown had brought him enough perils to want to have it again, so he decided not to directly interfere in their infighting, and let things run their course.

So we made a small enclave-like floating landmass were we built a small castle and have it floating invisible over the High Forest, where he spends most of his time travelling disguised, meeting the local folk and helping them with a gandalf/elminster kind of approach.

His only direct involvement came at the end of the war, and it was not to turn the tide of it (as an elven high mage he easily could have), but to save his grandson who was about to be killed by the new queen, he stepped in told her he would not allow her to do that, and got his grandson to safety. He got flak from the three parties involved, mostly from his grandson he saved.

So now he is truly retired, and has actually appeared as an NPC in a campaign that passed thru the High Forest (not DMed by me, but by the DM that ran the epilogue).

MaxWilson
2021-03-26, 08:15 PM
The masters teaching their skills to the next generation seems an obvious one (whether it is by starting a monestary, wizard school, or fighting academy);

It turns out that a 20th level wizard spamming Summon Greater Demon ten or so times a day can gain 1st level adventurers up to 20th level in only a few months. A 7th+ level Warlock can do it even faster, if he has access to fast healing (e.g. Jorasco warlock 7).

Rukelnikov
2021-03-26, 09:51 PM
It turns out that a 20th level wizard spamming Summon Greater Demon ten or so times a day can gain 1st level adventurers up to 20th level in only a few months. A 7th+ level Warlock can do it even faster, if he has access to fast healing (e.g. Jorasco warlock 7).

Either that or he makes the gravedigger a fortune :P

Evaar
2021-03-26, 10:04 PM
Another good idea in 4e, each of the epic destinies (basically mini-subclasses that you took from levels 21-30) also included an "Immortality" section which was just about how that character realizes their destiny and retires. It was purely flavorful suggestions based on whatever epic destiny you picked.

Like for the Demigod destiny:

Divine Ascension: When you complete your final quest, your divine nature yearns to complete your apotheosis. Upon ordering your mortal affairs, the astral flame smoldering within you detonates, consuming all that remains of your mortal flesh. The astral flame leaves behind a fledgling god, flush with the power only the truly divine can comprehend and wield. You ascend, blazing like the sunrise (or darkening the skies like an eclipse, if your inclinations run dark). Streaking into the Astral Sea, you are taken up into the realm of an established god who welcomes your strength. You join that god’s pantheon and take on an aspect of the god’s portfolio. Soon enough, your transcendent senses discern mortal prayers directed at you.

Or the Archlich:

When you complete your final quest, an age of the world concludes. It is time to make way for new heroes. However, you do not go too far. You watch the world and all that goes on upon it by means of a cadre of spies and magical sensors. You reside in a secluded citadel deep underground or in a far corner of one of the planes. You are content to let the events of the world roll on, watching; however, you are not completely indifferent. Now and then, you can provide a clue to help those in need.

Or the Arcane Sword:

Martial Seclusion: When you complete your final quest, you sequester yourselfin a place where
few are likely to find you. Here you create your own private sanctum, a place of peace where you can train day and night, eventually becoming one with your blade and your magic.
Dojo Master: When you complete your final quest, you might decide to teach others something of what you have learned. Instead of a private sanctum, you create a school where you teach the best swordmages of a generation the secrets of your craft.
Relic Sword: A few stories relate how some Arcane Swords meld into and become one and the same as their sword, creating a named artifact that persists in the world through all its future ages.

MaxWilson
2021-03-27, 01:29 AM
Either that or he makes the gravedigger a fortune :P

Heh. Maybe, but probably not.

Consider Shadow Demons. They're pretty anemic in sunlight (disadvantage, no bonus damage), not particularly fast (30', fly 30'), Their AC is bad enough (AC 13) that you can hit them at long range even with disadvantage, and with only 66 HP, it doesn't take that many rounds of shooting them to kill them. You might not even lose any HP at all, especially if you've got Mobile feat or Expeditious Retreat or something. (Don't get me wrong, Shadow Demons are plenty good under the right circumstances, but being deliberately summoned into a wide-open area of bright light like a training arena where you're outnumbered by 4 to 1 is not one of those circumstances.)

Now, each Shadow Demon is worth 1100 XP, so killing just one Shadow Demon is almost enough to raise you to 2nd level by itself, and after you hit 2nd level, a single Shadow Demon is quite unlikely to actually kill you. So on Day 1 of training, the (7th level warlock) trainer has the level 1 trainees warm up on an Abyssal Wretch (50 XP) followed by another Abyssal Wretch (50 XP), then there's a 1 hour break and then they kill a Shadow Demon (1100 XP) and all the first-level PCs hit 2nd level (300 XP each). Then they fight another Shadow Demon, and take a break, if they started at 9am then by the time it's 3:30pm (late lunchtime) they've all got fourteen kills (two Abyssal Wretches and twelve Shadow Demons) under their belts, and 3325 XP each, and they're all third level. They've had about six hours of classroom instruction and under fourteen fairly exciting minutes getting used to the idea of killing demons. The instructor tells them to go home and read the chapter on Tanarukks, which they'll be starting on tomorrow.

In theory, by fighting ~20 Tanarukks a day (requires a 7th level warlock who takes 9 short rests), you can gain 11,500 XP each, which takes you from 1st to 20th level in less than a month.

kingcheesepants
2021-03-27, 08:47 AM
Had a level 20 campaign end recently. Most of the characters retired to lives of luxury but at least one of them continued to explore the secrets of the arcane, turned himself into a lich and is now working towards apotheosis as the BBEG of another campaign. it was fun times when the players realized that this was no ordinary lich but was in fact the overpowered wizard from their previous campaign who could cast 4 spells a round (each of which had a ridiculous number of modifiers and could straight out kill their current PCs), magic resistance, super high saves and an effective AC of like 28. But they're already hard at work figuring out how to counter the guy that they built to be uncounterable.

Rukelnikov
2021-03-27, 08:26 PM
Heh. Maybe, but probably not.

Consider Shadow Demons. They're pretty anemic in sunlight (disadvantage, no bonus damage), not particularly fast (30', fly 30'), Their AC is bad enough (AC 13) that you can hit them at long range even with disadvantage, and with only 66 HP, it doesn't take that many rounds of shooting them to kill them. You might not even lose any HP at all, especially if you've got Mobile feat or Expeditious Retreat or something. (Don't get me wrong, Shadow Demons are plenty good under the right circumstances, but being deliberately summoned into a wide-open area of bright light like a training arena where you're outnumbered by 4 to 1 is not one of those circumstances.)

Now, each Shadow Demon is worth 1100 XP, so killing just one Shadow Demon is almost enough to raise you to 2nd level by itself, and after you hit 2nd level, a single Shadow Demon is quite unlikely to actually kill you. So on Day 1 of training, the (7th level warlock) trainer has the level 1 trainees warm up on an Abyssal Wretch (50 XP) followed by another Abyssal Wretch (50 XP), then there's a 1 hour break and then they kill a Shadow Demon (1100 XP) and all the first-level PCs hit 2nd level (300 XP each). Then they fight another Shadow Demon, and take a break, if they started at 9am then by the time it's 3:30pm (late lunchtime) they've all got fourteen kills (two Abyssal Wretches and twelve Shadow Demons) under their belts, and 3325 XP each, and they're all third level. They've had about six hours of classroom instruction and under fourteen fairly exciting minutes getting used to the idea of killing demons. The instructor tells them to go home and read the chapter on Tanarukks, which they'll be starting on tomorrow.

In theory, by fighting ~20 Tanarukks a day (requires a 7th level warlock who takes 9 short rests), you can gain 11,500 XP each, which takes you from 1st to 20th level in less than a month.

Its a cool idea, but I think you are being a bit optimistic about the low lvl characters capabilities, maybe start with easier stuff. I'm sure they can make it to 20 within 3 months.

Witty Username
2021-03-28, 12:48 AM
"Adventure among the stars, where hamsters are giant and men become legends."

Wizard_Lizard
2021-03-29, 03:50 PM
The plan for my pc is to get immortality, and then go on a massive tour of everywhere in existence and then make a big garden and tend to it for the rest of eternity. They're a wizard.

Clistenes
2021-04-09, 04:39 PM
The plan for my pc is to get immortality, and then go on a massive tour of everywhere in existence and then make a big garden and tend to it for the rest of eternity. They're a wizard.

Good plan... I would add a massive library and collection of art and curiosities (built with all the stuff gathered during the massive tour...). He can even go on trips to buy more books, pieces of art, souvenirs, curiosities and cooking recipes to break the routine when he gets bored of doing the same thing every day...

Make sure he has some constructs able to tend the garden, clean and cook. I would research how to make several Simulacrum-like constructs able to keep interesting conversations... if he has to Plane Shift or Teleport every time he wants to have a chat he may spend weeks without speaking out of pure laziness ("I have watered the plants and I have an hour until dinner... do I Plane Shift to Bytopia and Teleport to the Greg's pub to have a drink and a chat with the gnomes...? Nah... Not worth spending four spells just to have a beer and gossip for like, forty minutes...")

A 3.5 character I once played had a hobby of collecting pieces of creatures with rare knowledge like Githzerai, Aboleths, Mindflayers and Genies to create Simulacrums and discuss the mysteries of the multiverse with them...

PhoenixPhyre
2021-04-09, 05:24 PM
All adventurers from previous campaigns in my world become NPCs whose power level is (within a bit) the same as they were in their last session.

I've only had one group make it to level 20 (rest ended due to real-life complications), and that one is technically non-canonical from level 11 on. But their end states were:
* One (GOO warlock) discorporated and his soul rejoined his patron, a Far Realms[1] pseudo-nautiloid god who was his soul's wife[2].
* One (rogue) became simultaneously a crime (drugs, mostly) lord and the political head of the local fantasy UN
* One took up the reigns of a new druid grove and married the tree-spirit inhabiting a human body[3] that controls the forest there.
* One retired to her new monastery/dojo, teaching martial arts to all comers.

But I've had lots (12 groups worth, with 2 ongoing) of retired NPCs. And they're all over the map. The last session of every campaign always includes an After Story--pure narrative where I determine what their characters' long-term goals are and we narrate where the character ends up (in principle, future campaigns can always alter things after that point). One of the most influential characters was this bard, known now (250 years later) as the Immortal Bard. Because he's ageless. Doesn't gain power, so he's basically a level 3 bard. But after 250 years of meddling, he has dirt on just about everyone. And is really really good at running away. And has lots of quite-powerful friends. Another set (level 15 or so) are the rulers of a country they set up. Where "rulers" really mean "you can do whatever you want as long as you don't screw up too badly and make us have to care. If you do, we'll crush you horribly. You'll be lucky if the barbarian catches you--he'll just kill you messily. The goblin bard...yeah. That'd be bad. So don't screw up too badly." Oh, and the rogue of that group runs the main international banking organization, staffed with a bunch of paranoid goblins. Theft or fraud on the bank is an act of war, and they'll come squish you hard.

[1] Well, sort of. Cosmology's a bit different. But that's the closest equivalent.
[2] Story was that the patron's husband, also a pseudo-nautiloid god, was shattered uncountable eons ago and a fragment of his soul entered this reality and merged with a young half-elf kid. So he was mostly this half-elf...who also knew he was an ancient god-like entity, descended to warn the world about the "threat from Beyond". No special powers, and most of everyone, party included, thought he was just nuts.
[3] It's complicated...sort of a voluntary symbiosis on both parts. And the marriage didn't happen for enough years to make it not weird, since the host was like 12 when she fused with the (ancient) spirit.

follacchioso
2021-04-10, 12:28 AM
A wizard or bard can cast true polymorph once per day, transforming their garden furniture into all sorts of CR9 creatures. It's enough to create a personal zoo, and train any party of adventurers.

Lord Ruby34
2021-04-10, 10:50 AM
My two characters that explicitly retired at high levels both had reasonable endings, at least from my point of view.

My older human diviner opened the "Academy of Heroes", which he ran as headmaster for thiry years before his "death" when he sealed himself in stasis two weeks before his natural death by old age with instructions to his Eladrin friend on how to get him out in the event that the world was threatened again.

My Oath of the Ancients Paladin/Lore Bard was unable to ever settle down anywhere, and ended up roaming the world, fighting the good fight until she disappeared from the known world.

Other characters from those groups did things like found nations, retreat into seclusion deep within the feywild, or return to lead their tribes to goofy adventures. One Tabaxi trickster opened a bank, just so they could skim off the top as another way to become stupid rich by tricking people, but legally this time.

Honestly, retirement in D&D could look like anything, but it should be character driven and unique to that particular character. You can get pretty wild with them.

Damon_Tor
2021-04-10, 12:12 PM
What are some ideas for 20th level characters who retire once the campaign is over? Would Clerics give up the adventuring life? Fighters lead invasions into the outer planes? Monks pass on their skills to future generations? I'm curious what such legendary figures would do once all is said and done.

Do people have plans for their existing characters once they stop adventuring?

They have the power to reshape the world, so ask them how they plan to do that. I like setting subsequent games in the same world hundreds or thousands of years later, and the players have the opportunity to see the lasting effects of their adventures. The fighter who makes himself a king by his own hand may have founded a mighty dynasty, a nation that still thrives in the future of the setting. The wizard may have gone on to discover new spells he named after himself, discoverable in tomes and scrolls across the world. The cleric may have been uplifted to an exarch, serving as a minor deity in the service of his god, with worshippers of his own.

Wizard_Lizard
2021-04-11, 01:45 AM
Good plan... I would add a massive library and collection of art and curiosities (built with all the stuff gathered during the massive tour...). He can even go on trips to buy more books, pieces of art, souvenirs, curiosities and cooking recipes to break the routine when he gets bored of doing the same thing every day...

Make sure he has some constructs able to tend the garden, clean and cook. I would research how to make several Simulacrum-like constructs able to keep interesting conversations... if he has to Plane Shift or Teleport every time he wants to have a chat he may spend weeks without speaking out of pure laziness ("I have watered the plants and I have an hour until dinner... do I Plane Shift to Bytopia and Teleport to the Greg's pub to have a drink and a chat with the gnomes...? Nah... Not worth spending four spells just to have a beer and gossip for like, forty minutes...")

A 3.5 character I once played had a hobby of collecting pieces of creatures with rare knowledge like Githzerai, Aboleths, Mindflayers and Genies to create Simulacrums and discuss the mysteries of the multiverse with them...

Yeah exactly! And to stop getting bored they can just.. go do it again in a couple of hundred years and see how everything's progressed, perhaps give out some quests...

KorvinStarmast
2021-04-13, 07:51 AM
Do people have plans for their existing characters once they stop adventuring? If my Lore Bard survives to level 20, she may (our party alrady has a 'one ship shipping line' run by a reasonably reliable ally NPC) expand her shipping business to cover the entire southern ocean's coast.

She'll for sure start her version of a 'record label' (however that works in this D&D world) specializing in artists who create and perform maritime songs, pirate songs, and folk songs. (She'll also start a second label for the heavy metal fans; it will be named for a former party member who is a Warforges War Domain Cleric).

She'll have taken Simulacrum and Teleport at level 14 (Magical Secrets), and then Wish and True Resurrection at level 18 (she already has True Polymorph). Every so often, a concert can transition into a big tent revival sort of event, complete with the return from the dead of a loved one in the audience. :smallbiggrin: (Of course, a cash donation ahead of time is expected, as well as provision of material components ...)

a. Whenever she goes on tour, performing and supporting one of her label's artists, she's got a perfect "understudy" (her simulacrum) to perform some of the shows if she gets tired or wants to sing a duet. If any sculptor wants to do a statue of my bard, the simulacrum will pose in the studio for the necessary 'hours on end" - if the comission calls for it, it will pose in the nude. (My bard will be in a local salon getting a massage, or a mud bath, or having cocktails with the city's elite, and maybe working a business deal here and there for the shipping business ...)

b. When promoting her own tours, she'll do a little 'wish/simulacrum cheese' and (appear to) make a lot of personal appearances in the venues a few days ahead of a given play date. The theme is, as with any entertainer, Shameless Self Promotion. The idea is to seem to be everywhere at once. (A song by the Plimsouls that will be in her standard set for live performances, but done in a maritime style)

c. She'll sometimes True Polymorph into an Ancient Bronze Dragon, and fly around, just because she can. In time, she'll hopefully find a Bronze or Copper dragon to mate with and have babies.
Once again, the simulacrum can assist with the child rearing duties ...