PDA

View Full Version : Beast [base class?]

Demons_eye
2007-11-09, 11:43 PM
Hay new guy here and i was reading and though of a new class. I really dont want to get flammed and am sorry for any misspelled stuff or grammer I really tryed my best and i waned help with this. also dont know how to make the chat thing

Beast
The beast class is that of a specail druid. Long ago they were driven from there homes becuase one person. He found out how to bring a animals spirt into a body of a person. After many years of trying they mastered this art and passed it down father to son. The beast were once only of nomadic elfs but after 1000's of years every race has had one or two beast. And there are more only they dont know how to find there iner beast.

Adventures
Beast are nomads. They mostly keep to them selfs but every once in a while they stray for there "packs" in surch for a adventure but most do not return.

Alignment
Beast can be of any alignment.

Religion
Beastdo not have a main religion. They belive that once the spirt has left the body it ethir moves on or stayes for some time.

Races
The beast were once only of nomadic elfs but after 1000's of years every race has had one or two beast.

Other Classes
The beast's get along with any class tho some might not get along with them. They do shon there cusins, the druids, but they do not wish harm to them.

Alignment
Any lawful

Hit Die

d10.

Class Skills
The Beast class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb(Str), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)

Skill Points at 1st Level
(2 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
2 + Int modifier.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Beast are Proficient with no weapons they use there hands to fight nor do they use armor
Improved Unarmed Strike
Beast get this free not need to pick it

Sense animal(Ex)
At the 2nd levell, a Beast can sense if there is an anmial nere.
Hiden beast(Ex)
At 4th level, A beast that falls under 5 health is taking over buy her inner beast (even is she is below 0 but if so she loses 2 hp a round is she is doing anything) She gains +5 to every stat and a +3 str she also gains +5 on atack rolls (you can not use a weapon in beast mode). (If she makes a will save she can chose not to change. More then 5 changes before level 8 she is lost to the beast and needs to be cured by a paladin of the 20th level)

Beastly Defense(Sp)
At 6th level, A beast may gain its str bonus to her AC
Hear the beast (Ex)
Beginning at 8th level, A beast can here her inner beast and starts to take on notissable traits of said beast ,also gain a 20 feet increse

Greater sense (Ex)
Beginning at 10th level, a Beast knows track and all her senses are greater this means she can not prvok a atack of opertonaty unless she is concentrated on a task. If she miss's a target becuase of a lesser invisabkity spell (or spell like abilty) she can atack again
Beast control(Ex)
At the the 12lvl A beast can learn control of her inner beast and she can become it (beast mode +7 to every stat and a +6 str she also gains +7 on atack rolls (you can not use a weapon in beast mode) one every day for her lvl + her srt modfier she no longer can become it if she has less then 5 life.

Beastly hide (Ex)
At 14th level, the Beast gains another +3 to AC

Claw and fang
At 16th level, The beast grows claws and fangs (talons and beak) and gains atack and damge bonus of +2 this is incresed by 1 for every level after this level.
Master claw and fang
At the 18th level, the beast has matered the claws and **** she grew and gains another +4 to attack rolls and 3 for damge rolls

Ultimate Beast (Ex)
At level 20 she gains total control over her beast and can trun into it at will but no more then 1 time a day and it only last her lvl in munites (beast mode) . She gains +6 in every stat +6 to str and also gains 6 on attack rolls. She must rest befor she can become her beast again. In this form she is a hybrid of the beast and race.
Animal form
At level 20 She can also turn into her animal she loses all bonus in fights but has no time limit in this form and speed is incresed by 20 feet.
{table=head]First column|Second column|Third column
Level| Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save| Special
1st| +1 +2 +0 +0| Improved Unarmed Strike
2nd| +2 +3 +0 +0| Sense animal
3rd| +3 +3 +1 +1|
4th| +4 +4 +1 +1| Hiden beast
5th| +5 +4 +1 +1|
6th| +6/+1 +5 +2 +2| Beastly Defense
7th| +7/+2 +5 +2 +2|
8th| +8/+3 +6 +2 +2| Hear the beast
9th| +9/+4 +6 +3 +3|
10th| +10/+5 +7 +3 +3| Greater sense
11th| +11/+6/+1 +7 +3 +3|
12th| +12/+7/+2 +8 +4 +4| Beast control
13th| +13/+8/+3 +8 +4 +4|
14th| +14/+9/+4 +9 +4 +4| Beastly hide
15th| +15/10/+5 +9 +5 +5|
16th| +16/+11/+6/+1 +10 +5 +5| Claw and fang
17th| +17/+12/+7/+2 +10 +5 +5|
18th| +18/+13/+8/+3 +11 +6 +6| Master Claw and fang
19th| +19/+14/+9/+4 +11 +6 +6|
20th | +20/+15/+10/+5 +12 +6 +6| Ultimate Beast [/table]

While in beast form you gain regeration and you become nothing not lawfull or chaotic or good or evil

Hmm i gess there are 5 beast to chose from wolf lion bear Eagle and Cat

NakedCelt
2007-11-10, 12:07 AM
There's bad spelling and grammar, and then there's spelling and grammar so bad it's hard to read. Yours, I'm afraid, falls into the second category. There is no such thing as a d14. You need to be much, much more specific about what beast characteristics the class takes on and when. I can't figure out what most of this means. There's a big, big difference between being able to emulate a weasel and being able to emulate a rhinoceros. This class takes no note of that. To make a table, copy the following:
[table=head][b]First column[/b]|[b]Second column[/b]|[b]Third column[/b]

First row, first column|First row, second column|First row, third column

Second row, first column|Second row, second column|Second row, third column

Third row, first column|Third row, second column|Third row, third column[/table]
That should give you this:{table=head]First column|Second column|Third column

First row, first column|First row, second column|First row, third column

Second row, first column|Second row, second column|Second row, third column

Third row, first column|Third row, second column|Third row, third column[/table]Yours becomes:{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|[b]Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Sense animal

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Hear the beast

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Beastly Defense

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Hidden beast

5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|

6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|Greater sense

7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+2|

8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+2|Beastly hide

9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+3|

10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+3|Master claw

11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+3|

12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+4|

13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+4|

14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+4|

15th|+15/10/+5|+9|+5|+5|Beast control

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+5|+5|

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+5|

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+6|

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+6|

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+6|Ultimate Beast[/table]

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 12:11 AM
kk and yaya sorry I know its bad but I do really try to corect my self but its hard. And what i mean but take on the traits its if your beast is say a lion you would grow hairy and your pupuils would be shaped like a lions. you kinda have to play it on ear you are sposes to say the animal. I should have said that i gess. What ever one you chose those traits you get.

hmm still having trubble with the table.... am not that good with a computer

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 12:20 AM
ok anyone else got tips for me (kk got table thank you NakedCelt)

Defiant Element
2007-11-10, 12:51 AM
Out of interest, are you using Mozilla Firefox? Because if you are, the dictionary feature will spell check for you.

As to the class itself, it's an interesting concept, but I think you need to flesh out more how the actual beast manifestation works, as well as other things like saves. To be perfectly honest though, I really can't understand a lot of the ability descriptions :/

DracoDei
2007-11-10, 01:01 AM
Need to give them Improved Unarmed Strike and probably enhanced unarmed damage like a monk at lower levels. I agree that Firefox would help if you don't have any other way to run it through a spelling checker.

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 01:02 AM
hmmm. am not useing fire fox

As for the manifestation it would be slow as the person fights more they gain they are intouch with there inner beast. As for some thing like the hidden beast well i was going for that the beast spirt is inside you and dosent want to die so it trys to keep you alive, but your body cant handdle it at the time it has to change more befor it can, Ie the Transformation.

and ya i thouht of those too but i didn nt want to make it over powered

More tips i want to work this out as clear as i can. I have never made one befor.

Defiant Element
2007-11-10, 01:22 AM
To be perfectly honest, this is probably overpowered as is. By the end, you're gonna have enormous amount of AC (the Strength Modifier to AC) + the d10 hit die + Beastly Hide + the enormous stat bonuses for being in Beast Form (You also need to more clearly delineate the difference between Form and Mode since it's unclear (at least to me at the moment). I feel like you could pump every single stat point into Strength and come out with a character who can spend as much time is as necessary in Mode (or is it Form?) with simply enormous bonuses to both damage and AC.

Also, you have Alignment listed twice, and the two listings are contradictory.

Finally, does it have any impact what your "inner beast" is? And how does one come to possess the spirit of a particular animal?

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 01:24 AM
yaya that what i though. When in beast from you are the animal ie your beast a lion? you can become the lion. mode you sre some sort of half lion that kicks but. Form can last all day. Mode i need to tweak I gess it sould be anmial form really? And well really i gess if you even have a spider as a inner beast you can get away with it all i dont see any problems with that if there is tho tell me

and as for how well one guy allowed a spirt to posses him (animal spirt) But the spirt could not match the persons complex thoughts and only match its Rage and power. So they got the beast modes

Defiant Element
2007-11-10, 01:30 AM
So then which abilities are Form-specific and which are Mode-specific? Or do you have all of the advantages of Form while in Mode (in addition to Mode's unique characteristics)?

Also, when you say that Mode lasts Level + Str. Modifier, is that minutes or hours or what? I assume it's minutes since it wouldn't really make sense otherwise, but even then, in one day, you can have Mode Active (and to be perfectly honest, Form is pretty overpowered to begin with) for quite a while per day in the scope of things. Given that you shouldn't "need" Form that often, and given that with this class your Strength Score should, by level 20 probably be in the mid-high 20s, you can keep Form active for around 125 minutes give or take. That's 2 hours... depending on how often you battle per day, you might be able to constantly have Form while in battle.

On another note, you have a lot of dead levels.

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 01:35 AM
ok ok i ment rounds but i see that i need to tweak this more. (I played dnd before but never made it past lvl 10 not that far yet ' 0_o) Well hmmm you got some good pionts and I am gona have to sleep on it. Its Like 1 am here, also I dont know what dead levels are and are they bad?

Defiant Element
2007-11-10, 01:46 AM
By dead levels, I simply meant levels where you gain no new abilities. If you look at the progression table, 7/9 abilities are grouped in the first 10 levels, and you have two big chunks (4 levels each) where your character doesn't improve (at least not in a way directly impacted by the class itself).

As to the duration comment, rounds makes the total duration even longer... so...

Also, a couple of nitpicky things. First, in regard to Hidden Beast, Charisma doesn't really make sense for the attribute that would control whether or not you can regulate the change. Instead, it should be a Will Save, in literal context, you are having a battle of wills with the beast within you, if you win (i.e. if you're Will Save is greater than the requisite DC), you get to decide whether or not the change occurs, whereas if the beast wins, it takes control. Also in regards to Hidden Beast, how long does the transformation take to occur. It seem illogical that you would get an Attack of Opportunity... you'd be shifting... if anything, they should get an Attack of Opportunity against you, perhaps they do if they can overcome the awe/fear they experience at seeing the transformation? In fact, after the transformation occurs, it would make sense that you would be disoriented and thus might be flatfooted or lose a round or something.

Additionally, Spot should be a Class skill, as should Knowledge (Nature). It might be interesting to have Sense Motive be a class skill as well since animals are better at intuiting emotions.

NakedCelt
2007-11-10, 01:49 AM
yaya that what i though. When in beast from you are the animal ie your beast a lion? you can become the lion. mode you sre some sort of half lion that kicks but. Form can last all day. Mode i need to tweak I gess it sould be anmial form really? And well really i gess if you even have a spider as a inner beast you can get away with it all i dont see any problems with that if there is tho tell me

and as for how well one guy allowed a spirt to posses him (animal spirt) But the spirt could not match the persons complex thoughts and only match its Rage and power. So they got the beast modes

Looks like "beast form" is, well, the animal form, and "beast mode" is like a hybrid. Check out the Lycanthrope entry in the Monster Manual, and see if it gives you any inspiration on how to make rules around this kind of thing.

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 02:12 AM
kk ty again man

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 02:32 AM
there made some changes but i wanted to know sense you cant wear armor or weild weapons. By how much should I reduce the increases?

Also am hurting to get this allowed soon so i have to get it to make sense and be balenced. I all ways play online with friends but I am geting the board game today so if anyone else can piont stuff out
Thank you every much

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 07:38 AM
Kk i need 4 none pixie guys to say am balnced (DMs rules) so i need to balnce this and find 4 guys who say so any more tips?

D Knight
2007-11-10, 11:39 AM
by the way monks can not heal anyone not even at 20 also i do not think their is a varent for monk that does that. you might be thinking paladin. but great job and this looks like a well thought out class.

Demons_eye
2007-11-10, 02:53 PM
I didnt get it this well done by myself
thank you every one