PDA

View Full Version : New character sheet - Used to make a bunch of sheets for previous editions

neceros
2021-03-27, 01:29 AM
Hey.

I used to make sheets for many systems a while ago. I'm back because I got affinity publisher and I wanted to use it. So. Ya.

Love feedback. Not quite sure about all of the 5e specifics right now if you've used my sheets in the past. Please let me know what is required and missing from it.

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1POEDppqz8ROFv4fzSNc40rZghwxFMPCc/view?usp=sharing

neceros
2021-03-27, 02:01 AM
Link added.

Arkhios
2021-03-27, 05:10 AM
Spellbook and spellcasting are compound words.

That out of my system, the general layout is pretty good. A lot better than the original in my opinion.

Valmark
2021-03-27, 06:14 AM
Armor doesn't give you a bonus to AC but changes your base- same thing with spells like mage armor or features like the dragon sorcerer's unarmored AC. I'd remove the 10 from the base and potentially the armor bonus' dedicated box.

That said, I think it's a bit worst then the base sheet- it has no space for the physical appearance (though it still has the box one can use as a portrait space). Add that stuff and it's not missing anything.

Something I like that is present on Mythweaver's sheets is that the saves and and skills are roped under their (typical) assigned attribute, making them faster to consult. Dunno if that's something others would find helpful though.

neceros
2021-03-27, 03:35 PM
Armor doesn't give you a bonus to AC but changes your base- same thing with spells like mage armor or features like the dragon sorcerer's unarmored AC. I'd remove the 10 from the base and potentially the armor bonus' dedicated box.

That said, I think it's a bit worst then the base sheet- it has no space for the physical appearance (though it still has the box one can use as a portrait space). Add that stuff and it's not missing anything.

Something I like that is present on Mythweaver's sheets is that the saves and and skills are roped under their (typical) assigned attribute, making them faster to consult. Dunno if that's something others would find helpful though.

Thanks I had forgotten about the armor thing. About character appearance, you find that mandatory?

Link to mythweavers?

Valmark
2021-03-27, 03:47 PM
Thanks I had forgotten about the armor thing. About character appearance, you find that mandatory?

Link to mythweavers?

This (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2290585) is an example sheet (one of mine, public access to anybody) to see what I mean by skills and saves being roped under the standard attribute score for them.

I'm not sure I'd call it mandatory- personally yes, I want a dedicated space to describe my character's appearance (and also the portrait), but I'd make do another way if I had to.

neceros
2021-03-27, 04:04 PM
Ok :D

I've updated the sheet at the same URL

Droppeddead
2021-03-27, 04:23 PM
Just a personal preference but it looks a bit cramped and heavy, if you get what I mean. There's a lot of text crammed into a rather small space which makes it look a bit spreadsheet-like.

I do like your page on spellcasting though. It's awesome to have the extra space for extra spells which makes it a lot easier to add extra spells from multiclassing or subclasses. I might just print and use that page, if nothing else. :)

neceros
2021-03-27, 04:37 PM
Ok. Another update. Tried to make room.

And yea I totally get what you're saying about the spreadsheet thing. I have to make mine minimalistic or I feel like I'm wasting space. I also just like spreadsheets LOL I played EVE online too much I guess

OldTrees1
2021-03-27, 07:00 PM
What is "Ability Save DC"?

I notice Passive Perception, Senses, and Skills are in separate areas.

neceros
2021-03-27, 08:18 PM

Not sure. Saw it on other sheets.

neceros
2021-03-27, 10:50 PM
Updated again! Let me know if anything sticks out.

Theodoxus
2021-03-27, 11:17 PM

I notice Passive Perception, Senses, and Skills are in separate areas.

My assumption would be things like Stunning Strike - they're abilities (rather than spells) that require a saving throw to avoid being affected.

It's not a bad thing to have on a base class. Personally, I include it next to the actual ability, but if you're not multiclassing, or you only have 1 class that has abilities requiring saves (say, Monk and Wizard like has come up in other threads), it's pretty smart to have it in a localized spot like that.

neceros
2021-03-28, 12:16 AM
My assumption would be things like Stunning Strike - they're abilities (rather than spells) that require a saving throw to avoid being affected.

It's not a bad thing to have on a base class. Personally, I include it next to the actual ability, but if you're not multiclassing, or you only have 1 class that has abilities requiring saves (say, Monk and Wizard like has come up in other threads), it's pretty smart to have it in a localized spot like that.

Is there a way to fix it? I like suggestions

Droppeddead
2021-03-28, 05:05 PM
Ok. Another update. Tried to make room.

And yea I totally get what you're saying about the spreadsheet thing. I have to make mine minimalistic or I feel like I'm wasting space. I also just like spreadsheets LOL I played EVE online too much I guess

I like this a lot more. It has an old school vibe to it and it's still a bit cramped but it's a lot better like this. Will have to wait and see for when I make a new character if I actually use it but I like the look. :)

neceros
2021-03-28, 06:47 PM
Another update. Getting some good suggestions!

neceros
2021-03-28, 11:58 PM
It's not a bad thing to have on a base class. Personally, I include it next to the actual ability,

Do you have an example of this?

Droppeddead
2021-03-29, 03:05 AM
Another update. Getting some good suggestions!

I like the chart for conditions and exhaustion. Is it possible to get space for Inspiration and Concentration as well?

neceros
2021-03-29, 03:56 AM
I like the chart for conditions and exhaustion. Is it possible to get space for Inspiration and Concentration as well?

If you don't mind, could you explain more the concentration request?

Edit: I've included what I think you mean. Let me know.