PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Divine Dungeon home brew

IasGull
2021-03-29, 07:25 AM
Hello, me and my friend are trying to make a home brew on the book series The Divine dungeon.

And i am bit new to creating my own home brew so i am very bad at estimating the CR on my stuff so i am going to give you a taste of what we have brew.

The monsters are inspired on the how they act and the ability is so resemble so much as it can to the book series

please give some comments about if it's to strong or need more balancing.

Flesh Cat Ish Cr 3-4?

Large monstrosity, Lawful evil
Armor class:11
Hit Points: 60
Speed: 40

Str: 14 Dex: 16 Con: 16 Int: 6 Wis: 12 Cha: 8

Senses: darkvision 60 ft
avoidance. If the Flesh cat is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a saving throw to take only half damage, it instead take no damage if succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails

Heavy armor penetration: if the target is wearing a heavy armor do the flesh cat get +5 to hit and advantage on the roll
(my friend wanted to remove this and replace it with force damage on all attacks intesd)

Multiattack. Flesh cat can make two attacks
Claw Melee weapon attack. +6 on hit D/6+3 Slashing damage + D/4+1 Force damage
Bite: Melee weapon attack +6 on hit D/8+1 Piercing damage + D/4+1 Force damage

Withering Cat Cr 3-4?

Large monstrosity, Lawful evil
Armor class:12
Hit Points: 50

Str: 12 Dex: 14 Con: 16 Int: 6 Wis: 16 Cha: 6

Senses: darkvision 60 ft
avoidance. If the Withering cat is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a saving throw to take only half damage, it instead take no damage if succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails

Multiattack. Withering cat can make two attacks
Necrotic Claw Melee weapon attack. +6, 3D/6+2 Necrotic damage and lose 1D/4 hp that can’t be regained until finishing a long rest, On a successful Con save take half damage and none effect Dc 13
Bite: Melee weapon attack +6 on hit D/8+2 Piercing damage.

Snowball Cr 5 Boss is what i am aiming for

Large
Armor class: 13
Hitpoints: 117

Str: 15 Dex: 16 Con: 18 Int: 8 Wis: 13 Cha:5

Darkvision 60 ft
Avoidance. If the Snowball is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a saving throw to take only half damage, it instead take no damage if succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails
Can cast fog cloud at will, invisible while staying more than 5 ft away while in fog
Misty step: Briefly surrounded by silvery mist, it teleports up to 30 ft unoccupied space that it can see 2/day
Blood Frenzy: Snowball have advantage on Melee attack rolls against creature that doesn't have all hit points
Magic attacks: natural weapons contain magic for overcoming resistance for non-magic slashing, piercing and bludgeoning attacks

Multiattack Snowball can perform multiple attacks two Gore and one bite.
Bleeding creatures must make a constitution save vs dc 13 at the end of their turns, or lose 1d/6 maximum hit points. beating dc 18 ends this condition

Gore: Melee weapon attack +9 to hit. 4D/8+6 slashing a creature must make a Con saving dc 13 throw or it starts to bleed.
Bite: Melee weapon attack +9 to hit, 4D/6+6 Piercing