PDA

View Full Version : Roy stinks

dehro
2007-11-10, 06:59 AM
I mean...after 4 months of being a corpse he's bound to...

I'm pretty sure the giant will come up with some awesome reason wherefore Haley (and Belkar, why is everybody forgetting belkar?) can not be scryed, but I wonder how the'll be able to stop Roy from rotting and melting away, since neither of them has magic... a bag of holding "and preserving" maybe?

something else entirely... is belkar still bound by the curse/spell now that roy is dead?

Raziel398
2007-11-10, 07:09 AM
We already know that V and Durkon can't scry Haley and Belkar because of Xykons Cloister.. and as for Roys body, yes it's Ressurection time (as opposed to Raise Dead time)

dehro
2007-11-10, 07:30 AM
We already know that V and Durkon can't scry Haley and Belkar because of Xykons Cloister.. and as for Roys body, yes it's Ressurection time (as opposed to Raise Dead time)

Uhm...I' not familiar with d&d to the extent as to know this...I guess however that Resurrection rules out the corpsy stench...maybe a new body?

I find it a bit difficult to believe that Haley and Belkar have stayed put in a place they know Hinjo is unlikely to be able to rescue them. but then, you might be right. afer all not every single fact in a plot has to be dipped in awesomeness.

Iranon
2007-11-10, 08:06 AM
It's quite easy to reasonably preserve a body irl; in a D&D setting magical ointments to the effect might be reasonably easy to procure.

Useless tidbit: Morticians with decades of experience in the job state that dead people decay more slowly than they used to. All the preservatives in our food these days may not be healthy while we live, but eventually they will keep us fresh for a little longer.

geekyhedgehog
2007-11-10, 08:25 AM
That's today, not OotS, but maybe they have magical preservatives..........?

the_tick_rules
2007-11-10, 11:46 AM
well you do you need the whole body or just a couple pieces, like just hold onto a bone or something? as for the spell even though roy has control over the mark, i'd day it still exists.

boomwolf
2007-11-10, 12:28 PM
They followed :belkar: idea and got a giant pickle jar, then put roy inside and the jar in a BoH?

Lord_Butters_I
2007-11-10, 12:52 PM
Raise dead essentially brings the person back to life with their old body, and if it's deformed then so is the person. It just reconnects body with soul. Ressurection creates a brand-new body, and just requires a tiny fragment of the corpse. True Ressurection doesn't even need that; the cleric casting it just needs to be able to pinpoint exactly who is being ressurected.

ysp
2007-11-10, 01:31 PM
How much of Roy needs to be within a mile from Belkar so not to turn of the mark of justice?

Lord_Butters_I
2007-11-10, 01:40 PM
How much of Roy needs to be within a mile from Belkar so not to turn of the mark of justice?

I have no fact to back this up, but I would say the one-mile limit applies to the biggest piece of roy left.

ysp
2007-11-10, 02:35 PM
Wouldn't be any piece? or his head? What do you think?

SoD
2007-11-10, 02:48 PM
There's a level 1 (I think) spell, if they find an arcane spellcaster who can cast it (gentle repose [again, I think]) which preserves dead stuff. Just a possibility. I mean, with Belkar pointing his daggers while standing on the wizards dead assisstant, he might be willing to cast for free.

the mysterian
2007-11-10, 03:49 PM
belkar is a gourmet chef, he definitly knows how to preserve meat.

David Argall
2007-11-10, 03:50 PM

We can only guess, and, more important, Belkar has no idea. Assuming Roy has started to fall to pieces, Belkar may be very worried about that.

ysp
2007-11-10, 04:04 PM
There's a level 1 (I think) spell, if they find an arcane spellcaster who can cast it (gentle repose [again, I think]) which preserves dead stuff. Just a possibility. I mean, with Belkar pointing his daggers while standing on the wizards dead assisstant, he might be willing to cast for free.

The spell "Gentle Repose" is a second level cleric spell and a third level for a sor/wiz.

dehro
2007-11-10, 04:09 PM
We can only guess, and, more important, Belkar has no idea. Assuming Roy has started to fall to pieces, Belkar may be very worried about that. or cut of a finger of roy, put it in his pocket and hope for the best... yuk... gross..:smalleek:

Raise dead essentially brings the person back to life with their old body, and if it's deformed then so is the person. It just reconnects body with soul. Ressurection creates a brand-new body, and just requires a tiny fragment of the corpse. True Ressurection doesn't even need that; the cleric casting it just needs to be able to pinpoint exactly who is being ressurected. so I guess it all comes down to how good a clerich Durkon is.

ysp
2007-11-10, 04:21 PM
Sorry, but I think you mean cleric.

dehro
2007-11-10, 04:38 PM
Sorry, but I think you mean cleric.

yah..indeed

Dwarkanath
2007-11-10, 05:03 PM
belkar is a gourmet chef, he definitly knows how to preserve meat.That has to be the goriest, creepiest, but eminently plausible (and possibly practical) idea I've heard yet.

-- Dave

ysp
2007-11-10, 05:37 PM
That has to be the goriest, creepiest, but eminently plausible (and possibly practical) idea I've heard yet.

-- Dave

I agree, great idea isn't it?

the mysterian
2007-11-11, 02:55 AM
That has to be the goriest, creepiest, but eminently plausible (and possibly practical) idea I've heard yet.

-- Dave

eminently means? and thank you i pride myself for my talent in burning gory, creepy images into people's brains.