PDA

View Full Version : Wii or DS?

emilie222
2007-11-10, 08:27 AM
Hiya
I seen the new my sims game and it looks good but i don't know which console to get it on the nintendo Wii or the DS. Which one do you think is better and why?
Emilie

The Prince of Cats
2007-11-10, 09:51 AM
That depends on a few factors. The main one to my mind is the question of where you will want to play. The DS gives you the option to play it on the bus, the train (even the toilet) or in bed, while the Wii links you to a single room and TV. The DS has a pair of small screens, the Wii has one big one. The stylus is a more precise pointing tool, the Wii-mote doesn't cause such hand-cramps.

If you have both consoles, there are your options. If you have neither, good luck finding a Wii. If they are as hard to find where you are as they are here...

Setra
2007-11-10, 04:14 PM
It depends.

How often do you have time to start up a console game and start playing?

How often are you in a place where you cannot play a console?

This presuming you like the games from each system the same.
Sorry, must insert that I'd rather have a PSP somewhere

Dhavaer
2007-11-11, 12:38 AM
Having used a friend's Wii and just bought a DS, I can say I like the DS better. Although that might be because of the game, rather than the system.

Alex Kidd
2007-11-11, 02:12 AM
Get a DS it's probably the best of the current systems, it has more good games for casuals than the Wii and far more for the hardcore. Plus if MySims is your kind of thing I imagine you'll also really like Animal Crossing: Wild World which is far better.

That said if you're set on MySims the consensus is that the Wii version (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/936499.asp?q=mysims) is better than the DS version (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938127.asp?q=mysims), though neither is that good.

Jothki
2007-11-11, 04:02 AM
The OP seems to be asking whether My Sims is better on the DS or the Wii, not whether the DS or the Wii is better in general.

Unfortunately, I haven't played either version, so I can't help more directly.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-11-11, 03:40 PM
Wii mainly focuses on casual gamers, but has a few good games. Metroid Prime: Corruption, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess to name a few.

Out of the two I would say the Wii, but if you can afford it go with the Xbox 360. Gears of War, Bioshock, Halo 3, Forza 2, PGR 4, FEAR, Call of Duty 4, Saints Row, GRAW 1 and 2, Blue Dragon (kind of sucks though), Half Life 2: The Orange Box, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Rainbow Six Vegas, and will soon have Mass Effect, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fallout 3, Halo Wars, Fable 2, and a crapload of other games that I forgot. Not to mention backwards compatible Xbox 1 games like Halo: CE, Halo 2, Star Wars Battlefront II, the 3 Splinter Cell games, Indigo Prophecy (very obscure game, but it is amazing), and a bunch that I don't feel like naming.