View Full Version : -delete-

jaappleton
2021-04-01, 07:10 AM
I got had by an April Fool’s joke.

Damn, I’m a chump.

Sorry guys.

Zhorn
2021-04-01, 07:14 AM
Aww. Could have edited your post into a blue text and made it look like you were in on the joke.

jaappleton
2021-04-01, 07:16 AM
Aww. Could have edited your post into a blue text and made it look like you were in on the joke.

Nah. Would have been cruel.
Also it’s kind of a pain to do the blue text while on mobile.

Aett_Thorn
2021-04-01, 07:26 AM
Okay, but maybe THIS is the April Fool's joke, and what you said was false is actually true. How could we tell now?

Zhorn
2021-04-01, 07:30 AM
Okay, but maybe THIS is the April Fool's joke, and what you said was false is actually true. How could we tell now?
While it is true jaappleton gets the inside scoops that put him ahead of the meta, I don't think they'd use april fools jokes that are that meta...

... but damn if that isn't a good theory ...

... I feel played :smalltongue:

Imbalance
2021-04-01, 07:35 AM
Wait, isn't Mario supposed to get killed by a Voltswagon today? Feels like it could all be related.

Segev
2021-04-01, 08:37 AM
Care to at least share the April Fool's joke with the rest of us? Knowing it's a joke means we won't be fooled, and maybe it's funny. (You've at the least piqued my curiosity.)

nickl_2000
2021-04-01, 08:39 AM
Care to at least share the April Fool's joke with the rest of us? Knowing it's a joke means we won't be fooled, and maybe it's funny. (You've at the least piqued my curiosity.)

There was a twitter (twitted, really I wrote twitted the first time?) post by a company announcing an official new Spelljammer book they had for sale with a link. When you click the link it Rick Rolled you.

Frankly, it's a cruel joke. :smallsmile:

Zhorn
2021-04-01, 08:43 AM
There was a twitted post by a company announcing an official new Spelljammer book they had for sale with a link. When you click the link it Rick Rolled you.

Frankly it's a cruel joke. :smallsmile:

Oh... oh that's just awful :smallfurious:

jaappleton
2021-04-01, 08:53 AM
Oh... oh that's just awful :smallfurious:

It looked fairly official and all, too. Hence why I fell for it.

And I have a strong suspicion (not informed) they’ve been working on Spelljammer for awhile. It’s highly requested, it’s Perkins favorite setting by far, so I took the bait when I saw it on Twitter.

My bad.

loki_ragnarock
2021-04-01, 09:06 AM

And I have a strong suspicion (not informed) they’ve been working on Spelljammer for awhile. It’s highly requested, it’s Perkins favorite setting by far, so I took the bait when I saw it on Twitter.

My bad.

No worries, man.

I only realized what day it was when I saw a headline that they found a million RTX 3080s on The Ever Given.

If I hadn't started with that, I'd have probably gone through the day trusting the news I read, too.

Zhorn
2021-04-01, 09:08 AM

Oh for sure. My current theory is it is a key reason they got Amanda Hamon a short while back, getting in someone with experience on a spacefaring system like Starfinder would serve well for working out what rules and systems would or would not work for bringing Spelljammer to 5e.

Unoriginal
2021-04-01, 10:33 AM

My bad.

They also announced Ghostsof Saltmarsh with a joke announcement first, if anything this is a good sign for Spelljammer.

nickl_2000
2021-04-01, 10:41 AM
They also announced Ghostsof Saltmarsh with a joke announcement first, if anything this is a good sign for Spelljammer.

It's actually a really good way to gauge interest. If people go nuts and get angry about the "joke" maybe it shouldn't be a joke. If they don't care, then it's simple just a joke.

Segev
2021-04-01, 11:34 AM
Appropos of nothing, but all of a sudden I have "Spelljammer! A Mystic adventure! Spelljammer! A quest for all time!" running through my head, to the tune of the old dub of Cardcaptors's opening theme. :smallcool: