PDA

View Full Version : Player Help April fools wish

Nalistri
2021-04-01, 12:34 PM
Hello folks so interesting thing today we will get a april fools wish. What should i wish for? max word limit ten no wishing for more wishes

Unoriginal
2021-04-01, 12:37 PM
Hello folks so interesting thing today we will get a april fools wish. What should i wish for? max word limit ten no wishing for more wishes

Wish for happiness.

HPisBS
2021-04-01, 12:41 PM
I wish:
to be able to change my character build at will.

Man_Over_Game
2021-04-01, 12:42 PM
Wish for happiness.

I know that Wishes are supposed to have some sort of backlash in relation to how impossible of a request it is, so I'd be interested in seeing what this would do to someone.

Would it basically serve as a negative feedback loop, where the more depressing your life is, the worse you'll suffer for being happy (and those that are already happy will get/lose nothing)?

I wish:
to be able to change my character build at will.
Hobgoblin (https://media.wizards.com/2021/dnd/downloads/UA2021_FeyFolk.pdf) Battlemaster?

HPisBS
2021-04-01, 12:56 PM
I know that Wishes are supposed to have some sort of backlash in relation to how impossible of a request it is, so I'd be interested in seeing what this would do to someone.

Would it basically serve as a negative feedback loop, where the more depressing your life is, the worse you'll suffer for being happy (and those that are already happy will get/lose nothing)?

Your Intelligence and Wisdom drop to 7. How you use all of your time and energy is dictated by your masters, but they provide delicious bread and fun circuses and keep the scary things away, so you're happy to do whatever they say.

Simic Battlemaster?
-
Hobgoblin (https://media.wizards.com/2021/dnd/downloads/UA2021_FeyFolk.pdf) Battlemaster?

Then Pallid Elf Shadow-Stalker Assassin, then Warforged Artillerist, then Goliath Rune Knight, then...

elyktsorb
2021-04-01, 01:05 PM
I wish for a good hot chocolate.

Waterdeep Merch
2021-04-01, 01:11 PM
Prosperity for myself and threefold for the granter.

My trick for avoiding repercussions is making sure the genie either makes out in the deal or is punished horribly for it.

da newt
2021-04-01, 01:49 PM
Omniscience.

Nalistri
2021-04-01, 03:27 PM
Some pretty good ones on here.

HPisBS
2021-04-01, 04:21 PM
Omniscience.

That sounds... overwhelming.

I wish:
to immediately intuit the true answer to my spoken questions.

- or "... to questions I ask." Either/or.

LudicSavant
2021-04-01, 04:24 PM

A good (or rather, poetically cruel) wish backlash is something that results directly from the fulfillment of the wish -- like your wish had been executed by a paperclip maximizer (https://www.lesswrong.com/tag/paperclip-maximizer) with no concern for human values and just took the path of least resistance.

Path of least resistance to "happiness" might be to just put them into a neurochemically induced stupor. Or to offer a very brief feeling of happiness induced by a magical Enchantment.

javianhalt
2021-04-01, 04:27 PM
Free ASI for every race at level 1 to reduce VHuman / Custom Lineage dependency

Greywander
2021-04-01, 11:32 PM

This reminds me of the Rick and Morty episode where they turned this idea on its head. A lofty and vague wish has any number of possible methods of fulfilling the wish, while a specific and realistic wish might not have any actual solutions. Wish for happiness and maybe a cute kitten walks by and you spend the next thirty minutes petting and playing with it; wish fulfilled. Wish to increase your max lift weight by 10 pounds and the universe breaks in half before turning you into a forklift.

If it's an April Fools wish, it seems like you should wish for something as a joke, while also realizing you might have to actually deal with the fallout of your wish. So probably don't wish you were a bird (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDnht964HyE). Or wish you were in Dixie. Wishing you knew what to wish for is probably fine.

Wizard_Lizard
2021-04-02, 03:39 AM
To live, by most acceptable definitions, more or less decently.

togapika
2021-04-02, 04:02 PM
Or wish you were in Dixie..

I believe they're just called "The Chicks" now...

I just want to know what job I should be doing for a living. Y'know like what I'd be good at, or a job I could work without hating it.

LudicSavant
2021-04-02, 04:39 PM
So probably don't wish you were a bird (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDnht964HyE).

Oh god what did I just watch

This needs a warning sign on it that it will haunt your nightmares for eternity :smalleek::smallbiggrin:

Trafalgar
2021-04-02, 07:12 PM
I wish for 3 William Shatners performing Elton John's Rocket Man...

https://youtu.be/lul-Y8vSr0I

loki_ragnarock
2021-04-04, 01:19 PM

This needs a warning sign on it that it will haunt your nightmares for eternity :smalleek::smallbiggrin:

I looked for a longer clip because I desperately needed context.

... the longer clip did not help.

Greywander
2021-04-04, 01:37 PM

I looked for a longer clip because I desperately needed context.

... the longer clip did not help.
I believe it's from Azumanga Daioh. I haven't watched the show/read the manga myself, but I've heard it compared to Lucky Star (a popular slice of life anime). I don't really understand what's happening in those clips myself, but I've seen enough weird stuff in anime that something like that doesn't faze me anymore. Talking animal mascot characters in particular are fairly common, so the weird surfboard cat thing isn't actually that odd comparatively.