PDA

View Full Version : Question about Hexblade's curse

kaervaak
2021-04-01, 05:53 PM
Can two hexblade's apply their curse to the same target?

Normally, if the same affect would be applied to one target, they do not stack, but hexblade's curse is very personalized. It only grants benefits to the hexblade who used it and no-one else. So if two hexblades tried to curse the same target, would it work or would only one of them stick?

Composer99
2021-04-01, 05:58 PM
As far as I'm aware, the only rules about stacking effects are found in the chapter on spellcasting in the PHB. Also as far as I'm aware, only spells are subject to those rules.

As such, multiple hexblades would normally be able to apply their curses to the same creature. If it matters for a game in progress, check with the DM in case they decide otherwise.

kaoskonfety
2021-04-01, 06:58 PM
Reviewing hexblades curse I see no conflicts or "stacking", both curses should be fine.

- the benefits are only for the warlocks, not a debuff on the target, so there are no stacked modifiers.
- Accursed spectre requires you to "slay them", and, in theory, only one of you can do that.

***RAW may not match this, but I see no issue

RSP
2021-04-03, 09:20 PM
Pretty sure you’ll never have any stacking anyway, as HC is only applied when the Warlock makes a damage roll against the target.

I may be missing something but I can’t think of any situation where both Warlocks would be rolling damage at the same time. Maybe OAs, if the DM rules they happen concurrently, but thats about it.