PDA

View Full Version : Character concept, How to make it work?

kentma57
2007-11-10, 11:45 AM
I want to build a Dwarf, Bard, monk, Drunken Master. I am trying to make this build work, one problem is that once you stop takeing monk levels you can't get more. Though I might be able to spend a feat to get monk multi-classing or level stacking. Assuming that does not happen do you have any suggestions?

Hazkali
2007-11-10, 11:54 AM
Hmm, after you've finished with all the Drunken Master levels, you could always multiclass into another prestige class that stacks with monk levels when calculating certain abilities.

ErrantX
2007-11-10, 01:22 PM
I would suggest either posting this question over on the General D20 gaming board as that is a more suited board, or go to the Wizards of the Coast forums and post your question to the Character Optimization board. Post your build and what you're going for, either board you go to, and then we'll see what happens.

-X

Jaerc
2007-11-10, 01:24 PM
You might try the WotC CharOp forums for clearer answers.

Bard 6/ Monk 2/Drunken Master 10/Barbarian 2 is a decent build thematically, though the power curve is sorta low.

Hoorex
2007-11-10, 01:57 PM
I think there is an ebberon feat that allows you to take monk levels whenever you want. Monastic training or something...

Hazkali
2007-11-10, 05:33 PM
I think there is an ebberon feat that allows you to take monk levels whenever you want. Monastic training or something...

There are also some feats in Complete Adventurer books which stack together you levels in X class for Monk stuff, but you can only get them for Ranger, Paladin, Sorcerer or Rogue, although putting a couple of levels into rogue after the main bulk of the build might be useful.

kentma57
2007-11-10, 09:26 PM
thanks for the suuggestions, and you are right it should have been in the general d20.

The_Snark
2007-11-10, 10:31 PM
You could also try Tattooed Monk after Drunken Master. Worth it solely for the pun, really.

osyluth
2007-11-10, 11:45 PM
In Oriental Adventures monks can multiclass freely, but I doubt that helps you.