PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Time: - Easter Egg Hunt and other strange tales.

8wGremlin
2021-04-03, 05:03 PM
I'm seeing a lot of these Easter/Alien cross-over memes at the moment, now I want to run a Dnd one-off.

A strange star falls from the sky, the local town mayor sends a group of adventures to find out what it is and see if they can get the star metal from it.

Low and behold the small hamlet they encounter nearby is completely empty, but they do find a small cache of large broken eggs... and a trail that leads to the local mine...

Alien vs Party

What are your strange tales for simple one shots.

Jon talks a lot
2021-04-03, 05:13 PM
I want to write a one-shot where everyone is dead, except the party, who would be level 10-12.

They would wake up amnesiac and quickly discover themselves to be the last ones alive.

Encounters would be a mixture of fiends and undead. The BBEG I have in mind would be a powerful devil, possibly a pit lord, who, through aeons of scheming, had managed to craft a device to annihilate all the people on the material plane. It somehow misfunctioned, leading to our current party. They would then have to defeat the BBEG and use the artefact to reverse the destruction.

They would then die, realising that the reason they had survived was that they were dead in the first place, and such powerful magic as the device the pit lord used wreaked havoc on the afterlife, and they slipped out in the chaos.