PDA

View Full Version : Double Bladed Scimitar (elf/eberron ) - TWF

furby076
2021-04-03, 11:44 PM
Does this weapon work with TWF or is it considered a 2 handed weapon for purposes of abilities and feats? Meaning, will dual wielder and two weapon fighting work with this? I presume not, but trying to find confirmation.

If not, what's awesome about this weapon?

Bloodcloud
2021-04-03, 11:47 PM
Basically, it does two weapon fighting without needing two weapon fighting.

furby076
2021-04-03, 11:56 PM
Do two weapon fighting rules apply then? having dual weapon fighting style (apply dex bonus to dmg) and two weapon fight apply?

Gale
2021-04-04, 12:15 AM
A Double-Bladed Scimitar is a single two-handed weapon. It doesn't interact with Dual Wielder or Two-Weapon Fighting at all. Rather, it follows its own rules.

You can make an attack with it as a bonus action that does 1d4 + your ability modifier. This is inherently superior to Two-Weapon Fighting, since it doesn't give you your ability modifier to damage unless you also take the Two-Weapon Fighting style.

In place of Dual Wielder, a Double-Bladed Scimitar has its own feat called Revenant Blade. It allows you to increase either your Strength or Dexterity by 1, gives you a +1 to AC while you wield it, and allows you to use the treat the weapon as if it has the finesse property. The feat can only be taken be an elf though.

All in all, the Double-Bladed Scimitar is a great weapon, and a superior choice to Two-Weapon Fighting in most instances. It's the only weapon in the game that lets you innately attack with it as a bonus action without requiring a feat or Two-Weapon Fighting. Revenant Blade is also a far better choice than Dual Wielder since it increases your ability score in addition to give you a +1 to AC.

Dork_Forge
2021-04-04, 11:56 AM
As others have said, it doesn't interact with TWF at all, it's a two handed weapon.

Something I noticed whilst rereviewing the wording though, I don't think you can split your movement between the attack action and bonus action attack? I never noticed the word immediately in it before, which is different from the Extra Attack text.

furby076
2021-04-06, 10:46 PM
thanks all