PDA

View Full Version : I'm A co GM and I need some Npc Help

Nosta
2021-04-05, 05:03 PM
We want to half 2-3 level 10 Adventuring Acadmey Teachers. I need help figuring out class and race.we want them to have a mic of both combat and non-combat abilities and too be able to teach a wide variety of things a fresh face hopeful adveturer should know

Kane0
2021-04-05, 05:17 PM
Do they need to be built like PCs? You can take some standard statblocks and that will save you some work.
Alternatively, if they aren't supposed to be all that strong you can use the Spellcaster sidekick class from Tasha's.
Otherwise, just make some dummy wizard builds.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2021-04-05, 05:21 PM
Half-Elf Lore Bard?
Wood Elf Ranger?
Hill Dwarf Knowledge Cleric?
Rock Gnome Wizard?

Sorinth
2021-04-05, 05:45 PM
What purpose do they serve for the PCs?

If they are supposed to be role models for the PCs, then I'd probably want them similar to the PC class selections. If they are supposed to be antagonist I would build them differently (Though would still probably change it up based on PC composition).

I find Artificer makes a great Dungeon Delver type character, so I'd have one be an Artificer whose side gig beyond teaching at the Academy is renting out Infusions for other adventurers.

Nosta
2021-04-05, 06:27 PM
Ok I'm think gnome Artificer
And ranger wood elf monster hunter
But need one morr

SITDM1
2021-04-06, 01:04 AM
OP, we discuss this question in depth on our podcast episode 19. (Sliding into the DM's) Give it a listen. A couple of the ideas we had: a Warforged Barbarian Combat teacher, a Tabaxi Rogue teacher for out of combat actions as well as in combat DPS training, a Dragonborn Cleric or Paladin for Buff/ Debuff training, and a Tiefling Wizard magic user teacher. You can also give the first few episodes of TAZ Graduation for some great teacher ideas.