PDA

View Full Version : The Drawings in Serini's room

Mad Humanist
2021-04-06, 01:28 PM
I am wondering if those drawings (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1225.html) in Serini's room are some big clue as to what will happen. They look like a child's drawings.
Could they be by the Orange voice? What's going on there?

Yanisa
2021-04-06, 02:03 PM
I have acces to high res, but because it's patron/paid exclusive it feels wrong share it completely. Instead I did attempt earlier to explain them, together with Ron Miel:

I only have the low rez version, but it reminded me of this:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/23/4d/01/234d012ad48f2d89a3d7c6873b4f37e4.jpgHigh res version here. It could be something like that, the larger reddish shape is a circle with 3-4 triangles. Which could be a beast with spikes. The smaller green and red seems to be a O atop a squarish U. Which could be a basic humanoid body + head shape.

Also the right painting is clearly a dragonlike creature. Batwing, lizardtail, round body and round head with a squiggly line for a jaw (sharp teeth).

The middle painting is two symbols. They look like a 2 with a horn and S-shaped tail, and 4 with a 3-shaped tail.

P.S. Explaining pictures in tekst is hard.

Maybe it's the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 ?Possible, especially if you see it a kids drawing. The spacing is a bit weird, like the 1 being on atop of the 2. Or the 3 being super close against the 4. Or the 5 just hanging in the middle half a line down. Also the the 3 and 5 miss a part of their upper line, the 2 is too angular and the 5 is too round to be called "proper" Arabic numerals. A child doodling/learning numbers can easily explains all these things.

As for the order, it's 1 2 5 4 3, with the 1 being a line higher because it's on the 2. And the 5 being half a line lower. Maybe relevant, maybe we are literally speculating over a child's scribble. :smalltongue:

Short answer: Child drawings seems likely. The drawings have a dragon/monster theme. With some symbols or numbers in the middle.

Mad Humanist
2021-04-06, 02:12 PM
But if they are a child's drawings, that suggests Serini is not as alone as she appears.

Or maybe they are drawings by troll children. Aunty Serini gives them paper and crayons and they give her works of art to take home.

Mike Havran
2021-04-06, 02:14 PM
The Orange Voice calls Serini ''Boss'' which isn't very childlike.

Mad Humanist
2021-04-06, 02:16 PM
The Orange Voice calls Serini ''Boss'' which isn't very childlike.

No and it isn't very Dad/Partner like either. So Orange is unlikely to be the father of the "children".

Squire Doodad
2021-04-08, 08:29 PM
But if they are a child's drawings, that suggests Serini is not as alone as she appears.

Or maybe they are drawings by troll children. Aunty Serini gives them paper and crayons and they give her works of art to take home.

That's a very wholesome explanation that hadn't occurred to me. I like that, I'm going to headcanon that until we get any explanation here.

Emanick
2021-04-08, 09:07 PM
No and it isn't very Dad/Partner like either. So Orange is unlikely to be the father of the "children".

Plenty of dads (and moms) have bosses. I don’t think we can rule out the idea that Orange is the parent of whoever drew those drawings.

DevotedPaladin
2021-04-09, 02:24 PM
Looking closer in this room it appears that every single dart thrown at that dart board has completely missed even the board itself which is odd for an epic level character with racial bonuses to thrown projectiles. It does seem likely that someone else (who is very bad at darts) is using these same quarters

arimareiji
2021-04-09, 03:24 PM

Instant headcanon. (^_^)b

Fwiw, I have heard spouses playfully refer to their partner as "boss". Crack headcanon: Those are Orange/Serini's kids' drawings, despite Serini referring to herself as "Aunt". :smallbiggrin:

Looking closer in this room it appears that every single dart thrown at that dart board has completely missed even the board itself which is odd for an epic level character with racial bonuses to thrown projectiles. It does seem likely that someone else (who is very bad at darts) is using these same quarters

Hadn't noticed before zooming in, but the darts are also embedded in what appears to be stonework. If Orange is a copper dragon (my favorite hypothesis) who can shapechange (as required by my new crack headcanon), it suggests they're Adult or older.
(Giving them 23+ strength. Having a 10 dexterity wouldn't cause terrible aim, but even athletes can be klutzy in something they don't normally do.)

Edit: Explaining reference to age category.