PDA

View Full Version : Sorlock question

Houster
2021-04-06, 03:28 PM
Can you convert sorcery points to warlock pact slots? I'm trying to find a way to use eldritch smite more.
If so, how would that work? Could A wlk 5/ sorc 3 buy a 2nd level pact slot, even though there are only 3rd level pact slots at this point?

Man_Over_Game
2021-04-06, 05:37 PM
Can you convert sorcery points to warlock pact slots? I'm trying to find a way to use eldritch smite more.
If so, how would that work? Could A wlk 5/ sorc 3 buy a 2nd level pact slot, even though there are only 3rd level pact slots at this point?

The general consensus is No. (https://rpg.stackexchange.com/q/156737/45619)

For those that can't bother reading, the conclusion is that a Warlock Spell Slot has to come from a Warlock feature, not a Sorcerer feature.

AttilatheYeon
2021-04-07, 09:18 AM
Personally i'd allow it. As for the second part, if your DM allows it, you should still be able to have a lower level slot, you just cant create one during a short rest. Same as a Pearl of Power.

kore
2021-04-07, 10:32 AM
Based on your warlock level your warlock spell slots are one, and only one, level as designated by the class table. I would argue that you could create more warlock spell slots (for use with features like Eldritch Smite) with sorcery points but they would all have to be of the spell level relative to the warlock level and they could not be recovered during a short rest.