PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Legendary Games] Legendary Sorcerer Playtest

A.J.Gibson
2021-04-07, 04:04 PM
Legendary Games is back again with another base class rewrite: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g8xDA0RDJ4EUT0ZPYOJWY1w-S0Z3FxbvvfSlBfxxeIY/edit?usp=sharing

Some of the bloodlines and archetypes are still being worked on, and will be added later.

This is (hopefully) less of a power upgrade to the sorcerer and more of an upgrade in the number of ways it can be played. The sorcerer suffers from the same problems as the magus, where a few builds are far superior than others.

A.J.Gibson
2021-04-12, 10:43 PM
Update:
Several changes has been made to LSorc. Heart of Arcana has been nerfed hard, several problematic feats were axed, and new cantrips have been added along with a new cantrip-damage-boosting feature to make the crossbow of shame a thing of the past. The Disciple of Violence archetype was also given a rewrite to give it an actual identity as a switch-hitter gish. Three additional bloodlines were added today: Demonic, Diabolic, and Primal.

Calthropstu
2021-04-15, 04:42 PM
I see a lot of at-will abilities that seem pretty op. The class itself seems like a straight sorcerer upgrade. Since sorcerers are one of the strongest classes, I don't really see them needing this. Is this a "let's throw this out and see how it does before we release corefinder" type of thing?

A.J.Gibson
2021-04-15, 04:52 PM
I see a lot of at-will abilities that seem pretty op. The class itself seems like a straight sorcerer upgrade. Since sorcerers are one of the strongest classes, I don't really see them needing this. Is this a "let's throw this out and see how it does before we release corefinder" type of thing?

I'm not really involved in corefinder at the moment. The goal of the class is to not so much make the sorcerer stronger, but to make it so that all of it's builds are on par with existing strongest builds (human arcane bloodline false priest etc) and to make the class a little more flexible. That said, I have removed a lot of the weird, unnecessary ways sorcerers are gimped (like delayed spellcasting, no diplomacy class skill). If there are specific abilities you think need to be nerfed, then please say so on the docs. I've already nerfed/cut a few things people have objected to, and there are a few more I'm giving the side-eye.

One thing I've learned in these playtests is that it's best to start a little overpowered and then nerf down, rather than the reverse. If you write something overpowered, people will tell you. If you write something underpowered, people usually assume they've missed something and will just ignore it.

A.J.Gibson
2021-04-27, 02:47 PM
The complete playtest, minus one archetype that David Ross is working on, is now up. PT should end in a week or so.