PDA

View Full Version : PRC entry with spellstitched

Elves
2021-04-08, 10:59 PM
For interest's sake, here's a list of prestige classes whose spellcasting entry requirements can be fulfilled at +0 LA by becoming spellstitched necropolitan and choosing the right SLAs (from skimming this spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1geywITbI4M-Up08SGD-rUHlnobR66aIgKqu7mILkmhU/pubhtml)).

Diabolist
Thrall of Orcus
Thrall of Zuggtmoy
Thrall of Dagon
Alienist
Argent Savant
Elemental Savant
Wayfarer Guide
Malconvoker
Fiend Binder/Fiendbinder
Magic Filcher
Spell Sovereign
Force Missile Mage
Arachnomancer
Cosmic Descryer (Epic)
Knight Phantom
Techsmith
Wearer of Purple
Dread Witch
Pale Master
Doomdreamer
Skypledged
Sea Witch
Stormcaster
Child of the Night
Shadowcrafter

You can also fulfill requirements that aren't sor/wiz spells by having the caster who applies spellstitched take spell list expanding options like Arcane Disciple, perhaps by paying them to psychic reform it in and then back.

Many of these PRCs I'm not familliar with, but I notice this theoretically allows 2nd level entry for malconvoker, knight phantom, skypledged and sea witch.

Do you see any build possibilities here?

Zarvistic
2021-04-09, 01:45 AM
What about the skills?

Elves
2021-04-09, 03:19 AM
The ones I mentioned don't have that problem. The rest you'd have to check. Early entry is one thing, but the other advantage to template entry is if the casting class you want to use doesn't grant the required spell.

liquidformat
2021-04-09, 08:00 AM
I think you are good to go on malconvoker and sea witch but I think becoming a necropolitan might interfere with the being a raptoran requirement of skypledged.

Two others that you are missing are Master of the Unseen Fist and Mindspy. MotU in particular would be a lot of fun on a swordsage build since maneuvers should work with Telekinetic Wielder.

Elves
2021-04-13, 01:21 PM
but I think becoming a necropolitan might interfere with the being a raptoran requirement of skypledged
Necropolitan is a template not a race so you're a necropolitan raptoran.

Two others that you are missing are Master of the Unseen Fist and Mindspy. MotU in particular would be a lot of fun on a swordsage build since maneuvers should work with Telekinetic Wielder.
Would be cool but spellstitched SLAs are limited to evocation, necromancy and conjuration :/

Delta_tea
2021-04-13, 01:36 PM
I just went through a similar idea with Necropolitan. While it doesn't state an LA cost, it does have a similar cost:

Ritual of Crucimigration
3000 gold for the Ritual
1 level lost
1000 XP additional lost

So basically the character needs to be at least level 3 with 3001 total exp to end up at level 1 with 1 experience. If it hits 0 exp, it is destroyed.

If you go by wealth by level, this option isn't affordable until at least level 4.

liquidformat
2021-04-13, 01:50 PM
Necropolitan is a template not a race so you're a necropolitan raptoran.

Yeah reading through necropolitan it would work for some reason I thought it was like dragonborn and scrubbed the character of some of the racial stuff.

Would be cool but spellstitched SLAs are limited to evocation, necromancy and conjuration :/

huh, for some reason I thought spellstitched could use any spell, that does reduce the power of spellstitching...

Elves
2021-04-13, 02:23 PM
If you go by wealth by level, this option isn't affordable until at least level 4.
WBL is at the start of the level usually. So you do the rite in the middle of 3rd level when your wealth is over 3k and get reset to 1st level, allowing 2nd level PRC entry.

The problem is if you're expected to pay the cost of spellstitched which is several k more. But maybe the wizard will let you take a loan, it's not explicit there that you have to be the one to pay.