PDA

View Full Version : Casting tiny servant from familiar?

Citadel97501
2021-04-09, 05:36 PM
Hello all, I was just wondering if there was some way to cast tiny servant or an equivalent spell from your familiar?

I was thinking this would be fun as a method of theft? Why break in when you can make the gems come to you?

Willowhelm
2021-04-09, 05:46 PM
The familiar can cast spells with a range of touch if they’re within 100ft of you so I think it is legit. There’s also the order of scribes ability which has a longer range. Not sure how it interacts with the warlock pact of chain.

whateew
2021-04-09, 05:50 PM
Hello all, I was just wondering if there was some way to cast tiny servant or an equivalent spell from your familiar?

I was thinking this would be fun as a method of theft? Why break in when you can make the gems come to you?

One such technique comes to mind. The genie warlock, gorgeously malleable as always, can have an invisible familiar sneak in while wearing your magic ring. Your wizard, who has joined you for this outing, casts tiny servant, who you eject from the vessel upon it receiving it's command. You then fly off, and wait for it to return. You could even do this with the whole party - fly in, cast invisibility on them with your 5th level slot, and they have an hour to take whatever, and then leg it. In fact, if times correctly, by level 10 where this is possible, you can finish a long rest just as they return, exit the vessel, and then take everyone back in, and just fly out again.

Why go through all this trouble, when your invisible familiar can probably steal whatever you want, and you can give it specific commands at pretty much any range? No idea, but I imagine it's more flexible.