PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Avrae Discord Bot

Escribblings
2021-04-09, 08:10 PM
Hi, is there anyone in here who is versed in the subtleties of Avrae?

I'm playing a character with the Crusher feat:

You are practiced in the art of crushing your enemies, granting you the following benefits:

Increase your Strength or Constitution by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Once per turn, when you hit a creature with an attack that deals bludgeoning damage, you can move it 5 feet to an unoccupied space, provided the target is no more than one size larger than you.
When you score a critical hit that deals bludgeoning damage to a creature, attack rolls against that creature are made with advantage until the start of your next turn.

Now what I want to do is add a modifier to the creature in the init order, but I I can only seem to base the effect on the targets turn, and if their turn is after mine, I need to set the duration to 2 rounds so it doesn't end immediately their turn starts.

!init effect <target_name> <effect_name> [args...]

Attaches a status effect to a combatant.
[args] is a set of args that affects a combatant in combat.
See !help init re to remove effects.

Valid Arguments
-dur <duration> - Sets the duration of the effect, in rounds.
conc - Makes the effect require concentration. Will end any other concentration effects.
end - Makes the effect duration tick on the end of turn, rather than the beginning.
-t <target> - Specifies more combatant's to target, chainable (e.g., "-t or1 -t or2").
-parent <"[combatant]|[effect]"> - Sets a parent effect from a specified combatant.

If I have an init oder of A B C D and E

It's C's turn and they target E and crit.

I want them to be able to apply at least a description, if not actually be able to build it in to other players attacks, that attacks are at advantage against E until the begining of C's next turn.

So I use !i effect E Advantage -dur 1

But that means it the effect disappears as soon as E's turn begins. If I set it to 2, it will continue past C's turn unless C removes it with !i re E Advantage

I hope that makes sense.

Escribblings
2021-04-09, 08:44 PM
Ok, I've managed to get the answer thanks to Poliphas and Spamandtuna over at discord.

At its simplest:
!alias crush multiline
!i effect <your_name> "Crushing it!" -dur 1
!i effect %1% "Crushed" -parent "<your_name>|Crushing It!" -desc "Attacks against this creature can be made with advantage."

follacchioso
2021-04-10, 12:37 AM
There is an Avrae channel in discord, where you can find lots of help and information.