PDA

View Full Version : Snow White: how to make her

Helliquin
2021-04-09, 10:05 PM
Hi all

This might have been covered before but be damned if I could find it. If yes, please point me in the correct direction.

I’ve been pondering how to create Snow White as a playable character in 5e.

Narrowed it down to:
Druid - circle of shepherd. Allows summoning of all the woodland creatures and fey. Minimum lvl 10.

Bard - college of glamour. Princess. Charms people.
Maybe just three levels.

Warlock - archfey. Those princesses got to get these magical powers from somewhere right? Fits in thematically. Pact of chain for familiar, invocations: ever giving and... tomb of Leviticus? Maybe lvl 3? Although going to 6 gives her a get out of jail card

Now to the best of my understanding, shepherd druids don’t really need high wis as they’ll be summoning and then doing whatever else they need so thinking cha, con, wis as primary stats in that order.

How would you build this, starting level 10?

If you have better options on it than the above I’d love to hear them.

Focus on summoning, with charm capacity on the side.

ftafp
2021-04-09, 10:20 PM
You'll need at least 10 levels of bard (6 if you go Lore, or 5 if your race is Human with Mark of Handling) due to Conjure Animals being pretty much mandatory for any Snow White build. Given that she has snow white skin, enchants dwarves and sleeps in a coffin, you could go Dhampir for her race.

As a note, if you're open to a more general mishmash of disney princess tropes, Creation Bard with a dip in Genie Warlock can fit in a fantastic number of references. You'd get a lamp and flying carpet for Jasmine, conjure animals for Snow White, conjure woodland beings for cinderella, animate objects and tiny servants for Belle, and a pseudodragon familiar for Mulan. You could also throw the triton race on top of that for some Ariel

Grey Watcher
2021-04-09, 10:58 PM
I'd definitely use primarily, if not exclusively Bard. Charisma casting is definitely her thing. Wisdom really isn't (her Insight check seems pretty lousy). No Sorcerer subclasses really work. Feylock is a bit too trickery oriented, to my way of thinking.

Plus Bards are all about singing and so is Snow White.

I can't make up my .ind between Glamour and Lore, though.

strangebloke
2021-04-09, 11:25 PM
Barbarian. Totem Warrior. Human Variant with Mark of Handling

starting stat spread of 16/14/14/8/10/12

Snow white isn't a spell caster except arguably when she summons woodland creatures. Snow White was raised by dwarves in the wilderness, so she clearly had ample opportunity to learn how to brawl, test for plants, that kind of thing.

Nobody said Barbarians had to be ugly. :smallwink:

Trafalgar
2021-04-10, 06:37 AM
I would base her on the character "Renfri" in the Witcher story "The Lesser Evil". Probably a rogue, mastermind with a Neutral Evil Alignment.

Naanomi
2021-04-10, 09:23 AM
My disney princess (not snow white specifically) build is a Celestial Pact Warlock (unicorn patron) with pact of the chain (animal friend)... Human or Half-Elf... Noble Background... Try to pick up inspiring leader, skill Expert (persuasion or performance)...

If I really want to be true to the concept, avoid insight and deception skills

follacchioso
2021-04-10, 09:34 AM
To me she is a pure Fey Warlock.

She has the beast speech invocation, and maybe beguiling influence (or proficiency in persuasion)

Spell list includes Unseen Servant, Flock of Familiars, and Conjure Fey.

She is a witch who lives in the forest: that is a fey warlock to me.

Tanarii
2021-04-10, 12:22 PM
Commoner from the MM, but higher charisma.

And then you don't get to play her, because she's in a coma.

KorvinStarmast
2021-04-10, 02:37 PM
Commoner from the MM, but higher charisma.

And then you don't get to play her, because she's in a coma. Ninja'd again. :smalltongue:
/thread