PDA

View Full Version : [Race] the Globbles

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-10, 04:28 PM
Presenting: The Globbles!
For hundreds of years, the intelligent races of the worlds knew that all oozes where merely sacks of acidic liquids running off pure hunter's instinct, that is, until the Flowing...

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/161/gloopeu7.png http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8815/shadowgloop1mf2.png http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8733/arcaneglooppb5.png
Art by Yeril

Meet the Globbles:
The Globbles had lived in peace for many centuries in the ancient seas below the world. Preferring to live amongst the strange lifeforms at the bottom of the seas the Globbles constructed vast and intricate cities of seemingly alien nature. They lived in harmony with the rest of their seas, surfacing once in awhile as curiosity drove them, yet they always returned home before venturing far, for they were mostly blind out of the water. The Globbles had but one enemy, the aboleths, the vile inhabitants of those same seas. The Globbles had fought endless wars with the abominations in ages passed, until only one city was left. It was thought that after numerous attmepts to breach the Globbles' city the aboleths gave up, but they were relentless. Centuries later, the attack started and ended quickly. Most Gobbles did not survive the attack, and few were able or courageous enough to flee up and into the unknown. The Gobbles emerged on the surface, amazed at this new, open sea of air. They found that they indeed had sight where there was light and grew to love their new homes. They soon found friends in the strange human fishermen along the shores were the Gobbles constructed their villages. The Gobbles could catch many fish with great skill and traded fish for knowledge of the lands, which many fishermen saw as quite the bargain. Eventually, Gobbles became more and more adventurous and went out into the world of the humans to gain more knowledge of this new world, bringing their fascinating tales of alien cities and vile abominations of the darkest reaches of the oceans.

Society:
Globbles are very kind and optimistic, if somewhat naive, people. Their society is every equal since the only difference between sexes is genetic material and a distinct scent. All traits are the same between a female and male including outlook and thinking processes unlike most other races. Globbles have no sense of hate and irritation is the closest they get to anger. Globbles always strive to help others and are cheerful and greatly enjoy fun, of course their concept of fun is the pleasure of light and sound which is alien to most other races. Globbles are familiar with combat and magic and have great interest in both. There are no elites of society and the concept of one being "better" that another is foreign to them. That is not to say there are prejudices in Globble society. Despite the sexes being equal, the blues and the reds are prejudice against each other, seeing each other as cowards and untrustworthy due to an ancient battle that lost the great city of the Globbles to the aboleths.

Alignment:
Globbles are a very good-natured race that is naive in many respects, but is still very kind and accepting to all. Most Globbles are NG though some follow a more structured or free path (lawful and chaotic respectively) in equal numbers. Neutral Globbles are rare, yet not unheard. Most are hermits living out in the ocean or a lake protecting their home, these Globbles are usually veterans or descendants of veterans of the last war to hold the Globble city in the underdark seas against the aboleths and turned sour from the atrocities of war and regret cowardly retreating. Many of these veterans spend their lives wondering what would have happened if they stayed and maybe turned the battle. Evil Globbles are not know to exist and the only possible ones would be turned evil in the torture chambers of the aboleths.

Lands:
Though originally from an unknown sea deep in the underdark, the Globbles have claimed numerous shorelines and lakes close to human settlements where they trade and help fishermen for trinkets.

Religion:
Globbles do not have a deity of their own, but many have begun to worship the sun and Pelor.

Adventurers:
Modern Globbles, unlike their ancestors, are very adventurous. Globbles have always been very curious, been due to their near-blindness in the dark caves, stuck to what was familiar. Now that the Globbles have found the wonders of light-based sight they are in love with it. Numerous Globbles venture out into the world to experience the sights, they are most impressed by colorful, moving lights and symphonies of any sound. While most flee city because of the noise, Globbles flock their for it. They love all sound, yet they find music too boring. However, many grating sounds that humans detest are considered near orgasmic in quality. One human scientist studying Globbles was granted permission to view the Globble's reproduction, but ran from the room less than a minute in due to the horrible grating noises produced.

Names:
Globbles are given names based on the "sound" of there movements at birth. Globbles report that each Globble has a unique virbation when it moves through the water and they use this vibration with a prefix that sounds like a small pop as names. Of course, these names do not translate into any other language so each Globble picks a common name for himself, usually from some exotic language or as a twist of a catcall the Globble is used to. Such catcalls are Gooby, Oozer, Jellyball, Oogy, Slimy, and Goo.

Language:
Globbles speak a unique language that is most useful underwater where it can be carried for up to 10 miles. Above water, the language sounds to most others like a strange wobbling, popping, slurping, and vibrating. At first, the humans thought that these creatures could not speak in any vocal language, yet it seems that to do so is extremely easy for the Globbles. Because of their fine control of their entire membrane, they can replicate any sound even far below or above a normal human's range. Globbles are used to remembering vibrations and are very sensitive to them, thus it is extremely easy for a Globble to learn a new language. As for others learning Ooglethrope, it is difficult, but not impossible. However, Globbles report that other beings attempting Ooglethrope have a very strong accent and cannot express angered or yelled tones which are reportedly too low and too high respectively on the sound spectrum for other beings to emulate.

Physical Description:
Gobbles look like blobs of tinted water, which varies from light to dark tints of blue, green, purple, and red. Males are blue or red while females are green or purple. Gobble have floating organs that are just as translucent as the rest of their body, though some are more opaque. The most noticeable of these the the "eye" which looks like a solid, round ball which is opaque in color of the Gobble's tint. This "eye", though it does contain their light receptor, is more than just an eye. It contains the reproductive juices and the brain. Males and females do not have reproductive organs, but instead produce unique acidic juices that combine with pieces of the mating couple's outer membrane create a new Gobble. In addition to the "eye", a Gobble's other more visible parts is the "arm". Each Gobble has an "arm" blob that is a gelatinous blob of dark opaque matter, colored like the rest of its body, though much darker. This arm can extend out of the Globble's body as a manipulator.

Gobble Racial Traits

-2 Str, +2 Con, -4 Int, +2 Cha
Type Ooze [Aquatic] - Globbles are sentient oozes and their type grants them all the traits of the ooze type except as noted here. Globbles do not have the mindless trait since they are sentient.
Small - Gobbles are small in size, granting a +1 bonus to attack rolls and AC and a +4 bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks.
Land Speed - 20ft
Swim Speed - 40ft
Amphibious - Globbles are an aquatic race and can breathe equally well underwater or above water.
Simple Minded - Unlike most oozes, Globbles are intelligent and have a minimum intelligence score of 3. Additionally, unlike most oozes, Globbles require rest and suffer fatigue like normal humanoids from lack of sleep. Additionally, Globbles gain a -4 penalty on all Sense Motive checks.
Fluid Form - Due to their unique form, Globbles count as two sizes smaller for purposes of squeezing. Additionally, Globbles are immune to trip attempts and may ignore any difficult terrain. Globbles cannot run on land or make jump checks, but they gain a +4 racial bonus to Tumble checks and Hide checks while in water and gain a +8 bonus to Escape Artist check. Additionally, a Globble cannot wear armor, but count as 1 size larger for calculating carrying capacity. A Gobble holds its possessions inside hidden pockets in its body, allow it to wear all normal magic items.
Flexible Membrane - Because of the flexible and fluid nature of their membrane, Globbles take 1/2 damage from slashing and bludgeoning.
Slam - Globbles have a natural slam attack that deals 1d4 damage +1 1/2 their strength
One Arm - Globbles only have one arm and thus cannot use two handed weapons, however, when wielding a one handed weapon they count as wielding it in two hands for purposes of proficiency and strength damage. However, a Globble can split his arm into multiple appendages to better manipulate objects, thus Globbles take no penalty to craft checks or other kills requiring such fine manipulation. A Globble cannot use any form of weapon or item in an offensive manner with a split appendage.
Sight - Globbles do not have normal sight, but instead have Blindsight 10ft which extends to Blindsight 50ft when in water. Additionally, they may see only 30ft with "normal" vision, half that in shadowy illumination.
Visible Anatomy - Globbles are not immune to critical hits or precision damage like normal oozes.
Acidic Fluids - while Globbles are not as acidic as other oozes, they are significantly acidic, thus they gain immunity to acid. However, due to the make up of their membranes, Globbles take +100% damage from sonic damage.
Natural Optimism - Globbles spread their infectious optimism causing those around them to be more relax despite their strange appearance. Globbles have a +4 racial bonus to all Diplomacy and Gather Information checks. Additionally, Diplomacy is always a class skill for Globbles.
Automatic Languages - Globbles can speak Ooglethrope, Common and one bonus language
Bonus Languages - Any, Globbles have the ability to speak any language that is transmitted vocally or through hand signals.
Favored Class - Sorcerer
Level Adjustment +1

So, what do you think of the Globbles?

JackMage666
2007-11-10, 04:41 PM
Despite it's many drawbacks, I have to think it's +1 LA still, due to it's immunities (Paralysis, Poison, Stunning, Sleep, and Paralysis), as well as it's lack of sleep that's needed.

It's VERY well made, though. I'm quite impressed. You put alot of work into them.

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-10, 04:48 PM
Despite it's many drawbacks, I have to think it's +1 LA still, due to it's immunities (Paralysis, Poison, Stunning, Sleep, and Paralysis), as well as it's lack of sleep that's needed.
Crap, I forgot to put that in. They are supposed to be a LA +1 race...*fixes*

It's VERY well made, though. I'm quite impressed. You put alot of work into them.
Wow, really? :smallredface: I was bored so I clicked New Thread and came up with some new race in like, 10 minutes. I guess it just worked out real well...

BisectedBrioche
2007-11-10, 04:50 PM
I like it, I have just one question though. Initially the fluff states that they are blind out of water, then later it say that they are not. Did they gain the ability to see outside of the water or did they just realise they were able to (having belived that they couldn't)?

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-10, 04:55 PM
I like it, I have just one question though. Initially the fluff states that they are blind out of water, then later it say that they are not. Did they gain the ability to see outside of the water or did they just realise they were able to (having belived that they couldn't)?

They lived in the deep underground seas and adventuring out was going into the caves which have no light. Thus they thought they couldn't see and had no concept of light. But once they were forced to the surface, they found they could see in the light. This also has cultural repercussions that a player would want to consider. To a Globble light is a very new and exciting thing, before the Flowing (that's what their exodus is called) they had no concept of light or color. So now love everything colorful and they love all forms of light. However, they don't realize the danger of light either. They don't know it can blind or that anything that produces light (such as fire) can hurt them. I think this naiveness would make for great RPing!

DracoDei
2007-11-10, 04:55 PM
Hmm... I would specify that they can form other manipulatory apendages, but that they are very short and weak... if only for fluff reasons. Trying to do much crafting with only one arm can be a bit troublesome... Also I assume they can't use a shield and weapon at the same time?
What about Mage Armor (including Bracers of Armor?)... they would make very poor wizards due to the intellegence penalty, but good Sorcerers and/or Monks (assuming they still would get a monks number of attacks and flurry).

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-10, 05:04 PM
Hmm... I would specify that they can form other manipulatory apendages, but that they are very short and weak... if only for fluff reasons. Trying to do much crafting with only one arm can be a bit troublesome... Also I assume they can't use a shield and weapon at the same time?
Hm, I was wondering if I should include that in fluff or crunch...I think I'll add it to the crunch to be safe. And you are correct about a shield and weapon.

What about Mage Armor (including Bracers of Armor?)... they would make very poor wizards due to the intellegence penalty, but good Sorcerers and/or Monks (assuming they still would get a monks number of attacks and flurry).
They specifically cannot wear armor, but AC bonuses from other sources work. Also, I forgot to add that they take 1/2 damage from slashing and bludgeoning.

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-10, 07:54 PM
I've decided to expand more on the Globbles as I'm beginning to really like them. So you will see that the first post has a lot of fluff and I'm working on more. After I get the above outline done, I'll try to work on a "Day in a Life" though I'm not the best fiction writing, I'm better at writing facts...anyone want to help with that? Also, any comments on the fluff?

Also, I've decided to switch the +2 Dex to a +2 Cha, it might be a bit unbalancing but it fits the fluff better. Globbles do have fine control over their membranes, but don't have the manipulation of fingers. Also, Globbles are extremely friendly and charismatic when dealing with others. They are also very optimistic.

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-11, 04:06 PM
Well, I'm going to triple post to bump this thread up since I've completed most of the fluff, only the "a day in the life of..." part is left.

Any comments?

Thantos
2007-11-11, 04:14 PM
They are really cool. They would make some really cool Psions. I could see one of them blasting them selves with Sonic ray, just to get a high. But nice job, I like that they are very different than allot of wizards matterial.

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-11, 05:50 PM
Do they have a favored class? :smallconfused:

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-11, 05:54 PM
Do they have a favored class? :smallconfused:

Maybe, I haven't figured that out yet, but I'm leaning toward Sorcerer. Though I could see them with some sort of diplomat class.

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-11, 08:18 PM
just change the -4 int to -4 wis and its favored class can be bard. (i think that makes sense)

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-11, 08:30 PM
just change the -4 int to -4 wis and its favored class can be bard. (i think that makes sense)

The problem with that is they are more instinctual than intelligent. They are descended from Ooze and their brains are fully developed as thinking creatures, thus their instinct (represented by wis) would be higher than intelligence. Otherwise, I'd make them Favored Class: Bard (despite the dislike I have for that class).

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-11, 10:19 PM
Maybe, I haven't figured that out yet, but I'm leaning toward Sorcerer. Though I could see them with some sort of diplomat class.

give them a +X to diplomacy, bluff, sense motive, etc. based on what you wand them to do, and make them always class skills, and they get human skill progression, only for those skills. then they can be diplomats weather they are clerics, sorcerers, or whatever you want them to be. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-11, 10:25 PM
give them a +X to diplomacy, bluff, sense motive, etc. based on what you wand them to do, and make them always class skills, and they get human skill progression, only for those skills. then they can be diplomats weather they are clerics, sorcerers, or whatever you want them to be. :smallbiggrin:

That's a good idea, why didn't I think of that? Oh well, I've given them a -4 sense motive, +4 diplomacy and gather info. I've also made Diplomacy always class skill, but that's as far as it should go, hopefully its not unbalancing.

Daracaex
2007-11-12, 12:19 AM
It's not like I'm trying to limit this race more, but what about Dexterity? A sentient ooze can dodge just as well as a human? And I would assume they cannot use bows, but what about crossbows? They could use the mini-arms you said could be used for crafting to load and then reform to fire.

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-12, 12:26 AM
It's not like I'm trying to limit this race more, but what about Dexterity? A sentient ooze can dodge just as well as a human? And I would assume they cannot use bows, but what about crossbows? They could use the mini-arms you said could be used for crafting to load and then reform to fire.

Actually, an sentient ooze would dodge better than a human because it can move its entire body a lot faster and easier without the limitation of bones. Yes, it can use its multiple appendages to complete mundane tasks such as reloading a weapon as well as articulate tasks such as picking a lock or casting a spell. However, it only has the strength to use one weapon.

Sonofaspectre
2007-11-12, 02:26 AM
Man, do I love the Globbles! I am going to try to play on in an Eberron game a friend is running. It would just be so much fun to be a Globble Dragon Shaman!

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-12, 10:30 AM
Man, do I love the Globbles! I am going to try to play on in an Eberron game a friend is running. It would just be so much fun to be a Globble Dragon Shaman!

I'm glad to hear that! I love Globbles as well, unfortunately, I DM so I can't create a Globble character :smallfrown:
Oh well, your guys sounds pretty neat! Just be sure to play him naive.

DracoDei
2007-11-12, 10:43 AM
unfortunately, I DM so I can't create a Globble character :smallfrown:
I believe they are known as "major NPCs"...

Kyace
2007-11-12, 01:22 PM
Flexible Membrane - Because of the flexible and fluid nature of their membrane, Globbles take 1/2 damage from slashing and bludgeoning.

I noticed the fluff suggested that these are an under-sea dwelling race. Strictly speaking, to keep them from drowning, it wouldn't hurt to give them the (Aquatic) subtype and the Amphibious special quality, both can be seen on the merfolk (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/merfolk.htm).

Does the half damage from slashing and bludgeoning from Flexible Membrane stack with the half damage from slashing and bludgeoning for attacks underwater or do they overlap do to similar causes? ((IE, would attacking a Glooble with an axe underwater deal 1/2 or 1/4 damage?))

About the fluid form, you might consider giving a bonus to escape artist as well.

Appears to be a fairly balanced and interesting race.

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-12, 02:02 PM
I noticed the fluff suggested that these are an under-sea dwelling race. Strictly speaking, to keep them from drowning, it wouldn't hurt to give them the (Aquatic) subtype and the Amphibious special quality, both can be seen on the merfolk (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/merfolk.htm).

Does the half damage from slashing and bludgeoning from Flexible Membrane stack with the half damage from slashing and bludgeoning for attacks underwater or do they overlap do to similar causes? ((IE, would attacking a Glooble with an axe underwater deal 1/2 or 1/4 damage?))

About the fluid form, you might consider giving a bonus to escape artist as well.

Appears to be a fairly balanced and interesting race.

Crap, I forgot Oozes breathe, I'll add that in. As for the stacking of half damage, I'd say it stacks so underwater they take 1/4 damage. Hm, forgot about escape artist, I'll put that in...

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-12, 05:14 PM
what happens if a gobble is http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ooze.htmengulfed by a gelatanus cube?:smalleek:

Daracaex
2007-11-12, 05:21 PM
what happens if a gobble is http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ooze.htmengulfed by a gelatanus cube?:smalleek:

An ooze eats an ooze? But one's intelligent... It'd be neat if the Globble could take over the other ooze.:smallbiggrin:

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-12, 05:37 PM
An ooze eats an ooze? But one's intelligent... It'd be neat if the Globble could take over the other ooze.:smallbiggrin:

Considering that Globbles are normally spellcasters and immune to acid, they could probably take down an Ooze. Though they have more delicate palettes than normal Oozes, of course that's not saying much...at least they don't have to buy food if they travel a lot, enough crud on the ground will fill any Globble up!

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-12, 07:43 PM
A Day in the Life of a Globble:

Slo-og-loh oozed his way deftly through the busy streets, summoned by the calling of wonderful scrapping vibrations coming from somewhere down the street. Just a bit further….there! Slo-og-loh found the source easily once he saw the humans obviously being repelled by the same noise he was attracted to. Strange things those humans, all rigid and do not respect a good vibration. Slo-og-loh joined amongst the other Globbles enjoying the show given by a local deaf human beggar. Slo-og-loh heard a man in mutter something about the beggar having a gold mine as he walked by, could this master of vibrations have many shiny rocks?! Slo-og-loh was excited and couldn’t wait to ask if he could buy one, but no was not the time, a sweet-smelling purple had caught his attention and the near orgasmic music was the perfect time to flow over and meet her.

After introducing himself, the purple flowed away with a slight low-pitched growl, warning him to keep his distance. Slo-og-loh, shrugged (a strange motion he had picked up from the humans) and continued to enjoy the pleasurable vibrations. At the end, the humans gave a roar of approval and Slo-og-loh saw many offer the deaf man large sums of money. Slo-og-loh purred to himself, they must have enjoyed it too! Flowing forward, Slo-og-loh placed his one shiny rock the humans called coins into the beggars very full hat and went on his way meandering around the city.

Globbles were welcome most places and Slo-og-loh enjoyed seeing new things in this colorful and vibrating world. He flowed into many shops and bought beautiful trinkets of with glowing lights, trading them for more shiny rocks. He noticed he was running low on rocks so decided he should go see the professor tomorrow. That strange human would give Slo-og-loh many shiny rocks to take some of his fluids and make measurements and play many strange vibrations as his assistances took measures of him. It tickled and the noises were very interesting, plus Slo-og-loh liked to stare at the many shiny things the professor had. But now it was growing late and Slo-og-loh was tired, he flowed back toward the Globble village in the nearby river. Slo-og-loh greeted the nice boys at the river side that liked to play catch with Slo-og-loh, throwing rocks and leftover bones at Slo-og-loh. Some of the boys greeted him with shots of “Hey Gooey! Gonna swim in your slime?” or “Get out Slimeball!” Slo-og-loh purred to them in response, happily returning home, such nice boys, warning me when I should go home, though they seem to have strange sleeping habits, trying to play catch late at night… Slo-og-loh purred in bewilderment of those strange creatures and settled done in his sleeping niche excited about what tomorrow might bring…

What do you think? I had to edit the boys' comments to stay within the forum rules, but I think they get the idea across. I also wanted to keep it a bit short, if anyone else wants to take a shot at it, I'd love to see what you come up with!

Lady Tialait
2007-11-13, 10:00 PM
I love this race...thinking of useing the Water Bender Class from the Avatar project and useing one of thease little guys...problem is I abulutly hate the ideaof level adustment. I like your Mooli, lessers guys..I thought I'd take a crack at it..for your Globbles.

Lesser Gobble Racial Traits

-4 Str, +2 Con, -4 Int
Type Ooze [Aquatic] - Globbles are sentient oozes and their type grants them all the traits of the ooze type except as noted here. Globbles do not have the mindless trait since they are sentient.
Small - Gobbles are small in size, granting a +1 bonus to attack rolls and AC and a +4 bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks.
Land Speed - 20ft
Swim Speed - 40ft
Amphibious - Globbles are an aquatic race and can breathe equally well underwater or above water.
Simple Minded - Unlike most oozes, Globbles are intelligent and have a minimum intelligence score of 3. Additionally, unlike most oozes, Globbles require rest and suffer fatigue like normal humanoids from lack of sleep. Additionally, Globbles gain a -4 penalty on all Sense Motive checks.
Fluid Form - Due to their unique form, Globbles count as two sizes smaller for purposes of squeezing. Additionally, Globbles are immune to trip attempts and may ignore any difficult terrain. Globbles cannot run on land or make jump checks, but they gain a +4 racial bonus to Tumble checks and Hide checks while in water and gain a +8 bonus to Escape Artist check. Additionally, a Globble cannot wear armor, but count as 1 size larger for calculating carrying capacity. A Gobble holds its possessions inside hidden pockets in its body, allow it to wear all normal magic items.
Slam - Globbles have a natural slam attack that deals 1d4 damage + their strength
One Arm - Globbles only have one arm and thus cannot use two handed weapons, however, when wielding a one handed weapon they count as wielding it in two hands for purposes of proficiency and strength damage. However, a Globble can split his arm into multiple appendages to better manipulate objects, thus Globbles take no penalty to craft checks or other kills requiring such fine manipulation. A Globble cannot use any form of weapon or item in an offensive manner with a split appendage.
Sight - Globbles do not have normal sight, but instead have Blindsight 10ft which extends to Blindsight 50ft when in water. Additionally, they may see only 30ft with "normal" vision, half that in shadowy illumination.
Visible Anatomy - Globbles are not immune to critical hits or precision damage like normal oozes.
Acidic Fluids - while Globbles are not as acidic as other oozes, they are significantly acidic, thus they gain immunity to acid. However, due to the make up of their membranes, Globbles take +100% damage from sonic damage.

Tell me what you think..It may just may..be utter crap..

*bows to Lord Tataraus* hope you like it

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-13, 10:54 PM
Your one step ahead of me Tialiat :smallbiggrin: I was planning on creating a "lesser" Globble, the problem was how to do it. You went the route of giving serious ability score decreases, which is fine, but here is more of what I envisioned:

Lesser Gobble Racial Traits

-2 Str, +2 Con, -4 Int, +2 Cha
Land Speed - 20ft
Swim Speed - 40ft
Flexible Membrane - Because of the flexible and fluid nature of their membrane, Globbles have damage reduction 5/piercing.
Acidic Fluids - while Globbles are not as acidic as other oozes, they are significantly acidic, thus they gain acid resistance 15. However, due to the make up of their membranes, Globbles take +100% damage from sonic damage.
Natural Optimism - Globbles spread their infectious optimism causing those around them to be more relax despite their strange appearance. Globbles have a +4 racial bonus to all Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.
Automatic Languages - Globbles can speak Ooglethrope and Common.
Bonus Languages - Any, Globbles have the ability to speak any language that is transmitted vocally or through hand signals.
Favored Class - Sorcerer

I kept the ability score adjustments, but removed the 1/2 damage from slashing and bludgeoning and replaced it with just DR, the slam attack, lowered the acid immunity to resist 15, removed the automatic bonus language and the diplomacy as always a class skill.

What do you think? It might still be a bit powerful, though it has some very limiting drawbacks.

Edit: Also, any comment on the fluff? I've recieved no comments whatsoever and I worked harder on that than anything else! :smallfrown:

Edit 2: @ Tialait - I am using these in my bender world too, in the world I have setup, they gain the Water sub-type and can only bend water (other races can bend any). I'm glad to hear you want to use them!

DracoDei
2007-11-14, 04:02 AM
As I remember the fluff is cool. Not many deep ocean bottom things out there. Put together a party of these, Merfolk with pressure resistance charms, and maybe a standard humanoid or two in Platemail of the Deep, and if you are feeling REALLY brave throw in a were-whale (perhaps with a bottle of air), and/or a gnome in a supped up Apparatus of the Crab (so it can be used by a single operator and maybe a few other changes). Then go raiding on the Aboleths trying to take back a few hidden treasures of the Globbles and/or just cause them grief.

Lady Tialait
2007-11-14, 01:13 PM
Love the fluff, and your way I like..both lower the power to a la 0 I really think.
But yours gives me everything to a lesser degree..*swags your lesser* thankies!..muhahah Lesser Globble Waterbender here I come..muhahahhahaha...erm..eep *runs off*

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-14, 04:16 PM
Love the fluff, and your way I like..both lower the power to a la 0 I really think.
But yours gives me everything to a lesser degree..*swags your lesser* thankies!..muhahah Lesser Globble Waterbender here I come..muhahahhahaha...erm..eep *runs off*

Great! I hope it works out well for you! One of my own players is dying to player one and use Sovereign Glue to attach googily-eyes and be "A water balloon with googily-eyes". Though he isn't taking it too seriously, in game he will.